• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Woodward needs to pull some transfers out of his ass or vag.

iLR0JQW36qomL.gif

Ass or vag....

Just got back from a MLB game. Was actually pretty fun, never would have went if the tickets weren't free though.

FuturusX

Perhaps UTD see this as a transitional year. They have been very timid in the transfer market. Moyes seems a bit unsure of where to really committ - hence the Fellani / Baines fallback bids. The targets have been all over the place.

Maybe 3rd or at worst 4th is a small price to pay to let Moyes get a feel for how he wants develop the team. It's not a bad squad by any imagination. It's just that City and Chelsea (in some areas) look a bit better.

RVP is the best striker in the league - he'll fire them to 3rd no doubt.

In a year let the real spending begin?

FootballFan

This is City's year no question. Get ready for another year of AGUEERROOOOOOOO on match of the day.

I agree.

Interesting to see what Pellegrini's final starting line up would be in a few weeks. He can't use Negredo, Jovetic, Navas, Silva, Aguero and Dzeko all at once. :p

Zabojnik

Looks like Roma might go after Matri. They certainly have the money now. I ... think I would be okay with that. I'd much rather see him join them than Napule. The lesser of two evils and all that.

I'm probably dc'ing on this, but ... Zarate trolling Lazio's (his ex) fans:

9a809b364af4fef787ce1abeed486ded2724a0aa.jpg

3b2a73ffeefde20120461f520d935b0c3af3f39f.jpg

What an asshole. So talented, no brain at all. Footballing or otherwise. Such a shame. I remember when we were being linked with him, some people wanted him to take Del Piero's place. LOOOOOOOOOOL.

zarate-juventus.jpg

FootballFan

Looks like Roma might go after Matri. They certainly have the money now. I ... think I would be okay with that. I'd much rather see him join them than Napule. The lesser of two evils and all that.

Roma or Napoli, both the lesser of three evils.

EVIL I tell ya. Evil!

FootballFan

I'm probably dc'ing on this, but ... Zarate trolling Lazio's (his ex) fans:

9a809b364af4fef787ce1abeed486ded2724a0aa.jpg

3b2a73ffeefde20120461f520d935b0c3af3f39f.jpg

What an asshole. So talented, no brain at all. Footballing or otherwise. Such a shame. I remember when we were being linked with him, some people wanted him to take Del Piero's place. LOOOOOOOOOOL.

http://sololalazio.blog.tiscali.it/files/2011/01/zarate-juventus.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

wtf happened to him lol. His name just kinda disappeared from football.

flippedb

Banned
OH MY GOOOOOOOD! ALMOST TIME. JUST 14 HOURS LEFTTTTT

Wooden, tell me you didn't bet on PSV, you cunt :(

Could someone please tell Wilbs to add me on the WhatsApp group? My other phone died already lol

quote to see mah digits

Thanks guys

FootballFan

It should be an interesting match. Sociedad can play some nice football and Lyon has started the season really god.

Not sure who I want to go through. One side has my boy Vela but how can you say no Gourcuff <3.

It will be close IMO. Decided on away goals rule. 4-4 aggregate.

faridmon

Trying to check out this Attack on Titan show on Crunchyroll since people seem to love it. I can't decide if I'll ever be able to get into anime again unless it's something impressive like a Watanabe show.
Its not that good. Although it picked up lately. Watch hunter x hunter instead.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Although he's probably the best LB in the league, I wouldn't pay over £16-17m for Baines. 28 at the moment, he's at his peak and will have no sell-on value after a few years at the club.
28 is still young for a defender though, look at Ashley Cole! Baines will give you 5 years at the very least. I've been saying this for a long time, I know, but just pay them whatever they want, he's class.
I'd go as far as selling him for less to Roma. But who in their right mind would go there? Just ask Mirko Vucinic, sometimes late at night he can still hear the jeers and insults :(
from me hiding under his bed

28 is still young for a defender though, look at Ashley Cole! Baines will give you 5 years at the very least. I've been saying this for a long time, I know, but just pay them whatever they want, he's class.

I'd go as far as selling him for less to Roma. But who in their right mind would go there? Just ask Mirko Vucinic, sometimes late at night he can still hear the jeers and insults :(
from me hiding under his bed

I don't know. Look at Evra. He was class, but then declined at age 29. I really want Fabio to be the long term replacement.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs linked with Neto and Lljajic today and are still looking at Wiilian.

His wages will likely be a sticking point.

Neto and Willian are plausible targets, if take both of them. Ljajic I'm less interested in, but is take him if we can't get Willian or Lamela.

So who will Everton buy once Fellaini and Baines go? McCarthy and Beausejour?

Ushojax

Raul:

"[Bale] is a wonderful player,” he told Al-Sadd's official website.

"I understand the Real Madrid board is working hard to assemble the best team possible. But the price is too high."

lol

What happened to 'top players pay for themselves, 100m is actually affordable'. It's interesting to see how they play this, Bale hasn't gone full retard like Modric and the price will not change. The only way for them to get him is to pay £85m+ up front. They just don't have the cash, but I guess they could sell Pepe and Ozil. That would be incrediy stupid but they seem totally obsessed.

Lamela's representatives are appparently meeting Spurs this week, looks like we will go for either him or Willian. Add him, Neto and Coentrao, keep Bale, we can win the fucking league.

pappe

Raul:

lol

What happened to 'top players pay for themselves, 100m is actually affordable'. It's interesting to see how they play this, Bale hasn't gone full retard like Modric and the price will not change. The only way for them to get him is to pay £85m+ up front. They just don't have the cash, but I guess they could sell Pepe and Ozil. That would be incrediy stupid but they seem totally obsessed.

Lamela's representatives are appparently meeting Spurs this week, looks like we will go for either him or Lamela. Add him, Neto and Coentrao, keep Bale, we can win the ducking league.

We will be happy to take Ozil to fund their purchase of Bale.

I have used my wild card. In week fucking 2. I dont know what the fuck i am doing.

Ushojax

Would Madrid really do that though? I genuinely think Bale arriving would cause huge problems in the dressing room, it's just not a sensible purchase right now. Madrid should buy a striker and a CB instead.

pappe

Would Madrid really do that though? I genuinely think Bale arriving would cause huge problems in the dressing room, it's just not a sensible purchase right now. Madrid should buy a striker and a CB instead.

Yes they should but then again its Madrid. Bale is nothing but a purchase to showoff the world that Real have the biggest dick.

A striker like Rooney or Suarez is what they really need and they will win jackshit with Pepe and Ramos as their CB's.

I have used my wild card. In week fucking 2. I dont know what the fuck i am doing.

I'm probably going to use it too. Too many players missing. I have no idea who is fit. 6 of my players didn't play. I still ended up with 41 points. I'm bitter that Luiz didn't play. I picked him as I knew Chelsea would get a clean sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom