• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Would Madrid really do that though? I genuinely think Bale arriving would cause huge problems in the dressing room, it's just not a sensible purchase right now. Madrid should buy a striker and a CB instead.

0mxGz17.jpg

Neto and Willian are plausible targets, if take both of them. Ljajic I'm less interested in, but is take him if we can't get Willian or Lamela.

So who will Everton buy once Fellaini and Baines go? McCarthy and Beausejour?

McCarthy is a very strong possibility.

Left back is a tough one, Ekotto?

Or maybe we could send them Butner?

Everton aren't the biggest spenders as we know so I can't see them breaking the bank for anyone.

You see Yaya's goal? Pretty nice eh?

Not seen any of the City goals yet, just the Liverpool U21s and Suso FC goals.

The only problem with the season starting is the fact that it makes it a bit difficult to catch up after a matchday as there are so many repetetive comments :p

Gonna put a few quid on Arsenal to beat Fenerbache away, apparently 12-1 on Ladbrokes

GAMESCOM TONIGHT

His decision making is amazing for such an inexperienced player. He hardly makes the wrong choice and always seems so patient.

He usually passes more. He seemed determined to take on Liverpool players this time. If you notice, everything he does is with his left foot. The difference is that he won't hesitate to use his weaker foot like Valencia, and his technique is light years ahead of Valencia.

He usually passes more. He seemed determined to take on Liverpool players this time. If you notice, everything he does is with his left foot. The difference is that he won't hesitate to use his weaker foot like Valencia, and his technique is light years ahead of Valencia.

How was Ibe, aside from the goal?

Is Borini seemingly in that thankless spot of being too good for U21s, not good enough for first team?

edit: RAWK are wanking over Janujaz. Shite forum

He's only 22 and in terms of development he essentially missed all of last year. Hopefully he keeps getting confidence.

Without the Europa League we can;t afford to give him the minutes needed to get that flurry of goals to get his confidence up imo :(

Maybe give him starts in the cups and minutes in the league when games are out of sight

LTWheels

Without the Europa League we can;t afford to give him the minutes needed to get that flurry of goals to get his confidence up imo :(

Maybe give him starts in the cups and minutes in the league when games are out of sight

If we got in Costa, I could have seen Borini being sent on loan.

Clegg

Three things:

Guardian is reporting that we won't make any more joint bids for Fellaini and Baines. We still want them but from now on we'll bid for the players individually.

Januzaj is too good for Under 21 football. Obviously he won't play with the senior team every game but he should at least be involved against the weaker sides.

I've been mispronouncing Ibe. I've been saying ebay instead of eye-b.

How was Ibe, aside from the goal?

Is Borini seemingly in that thankless spot of being too good for U21s, not good enough for first team?

I thought Borini was better. Ibe had that amazing goal, and I think another good piece of play. I don't remember much else. Borini's goals were gifted, but his fk put United's gk in that position and forced him to make a save (Amos failed). Therefore it was a good fk. Borini also had a shot saved that sort of deserved to go in. So his 2 goals were deserved in the end. He also had another play where he split United's defenders after a good run to get the shot off.

A bunch of Liverpool fans were saying this 16 year old impressed the most, but I had no idea who he was before the match so I didn't focus on him.

As for Borini's being first team material or not, I'm not sure. I would have to watch him consistently to be able to claim one way or another. So my opinion on him would be worthless.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Reports in Russia are suggesting that Willian has picked Spurs. I for one am shocked!

Hmm, I guess Lamela can wait until next year, Roma really didn't want to sell.

Unless Bale or Defoe/Ade goes that will be the end of our attacking signings.

Edit: or perhaps not, reports in Bulgaria that we are signing some 20 year old playmaker for £5m. One for the U21s I think.

Ushojax

Well if he does end up at Spurs that will be the clearest signs that Bale is off.

Not really. We made £25m in player sales already, buying Willian would simply be us spending a bit of our own money after using up the funds from the TV deal.

I expect Bale will leave but we would be making these signings anyway. The board think we can barge our way to the top table this season.

LTWheels

Not really. We made £25m in player sales already, buying Willian would simply be us spending a bit of our own money after using up the funds from the TV deal.

I expect Bale will leave but we would be making these signings anyway. The board think we can barge our way to the top table this season.

The reason I think Bale would be off as Willian is a left winger.

Clegg

DM says Arsenal extensively scouted Zaha but Wenger dithered over deciding to sign him. By the time he said yes United had alread met the players agent.

Walshy

Can see us going for Lamela if we don't get Willian.

Wouldnt take any sources or reports from Russia seriously, espically after Mkhitaryan. Will wait till its official on a clubs website.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Willian? Psh, Liverpool were never in for him anyway.

-

Sky Sport Italia claim Juventus forward Fabio Quagliarella is ready to join West Ham, but the clubs have yet to agree terms.

However, Juventus have yet to OK the switch given that they are not keen on West Ham’s offer to take him on loan, with an option to sign outright next year.

No more loans please.

Ushojax

The reason I think Bale would be off as Willian is a left winger.

Bale won't play on the left for us much anymore. He'll be down the middle or on the right side, those are his best goalscoring positions.

Really we have a lot of versatile forwards, a bit like Chelsea, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Bale, Townsend, Willian, Lennon, they can play across the front line quite freely.

Walshy

Anyone started revising before an exam, and completely forgotten all the revision you've already done?

Destined to fail today.

GHG

DM says Arsenal extensively scouted Zaha but Wenger dithered over deciding to sign him. By the time he said yes United had alread met the players agent.

Yep that sounds like Wenger. He did that with Higuain as well aparently. Insiders are saying he's been very indecisive all summer when it comes to pulling the trigger on players.

Waste of everybodys time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom