• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

I can't really say I wouldn't take Cabaye cos he's better than what we've got...so it'd be stupid to sat that.

BUT, I'm not sure how much sense this will make...I feel like if we're going to get a midfield playmaker (the Scholes replacement if you will) it needs to be somebody who has a very high level of quality. Not to say Cabaye isn't a good player, he really is, but I think in the games against better teams he still wouldn't be good enough to swing them for us.

Players like Fabregas, Modric, Gundogan, they could.

So assuming we are going to sign one player in that mould, this window, next summer...whenever...I wouldn't really want Cabaye no...cos he's gonna cost £15m+ and in the long run I think he becomes an option, not a key player.
Yeah I agree. I just hope we can get a top player, like you pointed out, to join us. I have doubts we'll be getting anybody like that this summer.

Having seen Moyes try 4-3-3 quite a few times in pre-season, I want to see a midfield of Carrick- Fellani - Kagawa, just to see how it would work out.

Also, I'm hoping we can get Shinji playing like his usual self this season. I could see him moving on if he's not given much playing time. Hope he starts against Chelsea.

Meier

Baines won't say no to us.
And we can afford whatever Everton want.

If we want him we sign him. Simple as.
Don't think that's true necessarily. Baines seems very happy at Everton. For some, the UCL isn't the end all, be all. I could see it going either way.

Yeah I agree. I just hope we can get a top player, like you pointed out, to join us. I have doubts we'll be getting anybody like that this summer.

Having seen Moyes try 4-3-3 quite a few times in pre-season, I want to see a midfield of Carrick- Fellani - Kagawa, just to see how it would work out.

Also, I'm hoping we can get Shinji playing like his usual self this season. I could see him moving on if he's not given much playing time. Hope he starts against Chelsea.
I'm really not feeling 433. I just don't feel like we have the players for it, I've never been too keen on it anyways but with our players it just sucks. RVP is so isolated, nobody gets forward from midfield and our wide players don't have a high technical quality apart from Nani...

With Kagawa in that midfield you mentioned it could work better...

He won't start though, that dickhead Rooney is going to get to play. Makes me absolutely sick.

rodvik

I knew that :p

I'm excited because I want to see how we at against one of the top three. I'm not expecting a win an I'm hoping for a draw. I really think we can play with anyone though right now.

On our day we are a threat for anyone up front. But Chelsea's midfield is just so good, hard for me to imagine us getting something. That and Lambert will play Luna and Lowton as almost extra forwards so we are playing 2-3-5 away from home :) I do admire his madness in someways though :)

Tegris

Caught most of the City vs Newcastle game... City looked impressive. It's always easier against 10 men but I thought they pressed very well. They'll be a handful for anyone this season. Fernandinho was quiet but tidy and Navas looked excellent as expected, but I'd like to see him cut in a bit more - he got pushed right to the byline a bit too often.

Lunchbox is top of the Fantasy league by the way. This won't do.

K1LLER7

I'm really not feeling 433. I just don't feel like we have the players for it, I've never been too keen on it anyways but with our players it just sucks. RVP is so isolated, nobody gets forward from midfield and our wide players don't have a high technical quality apart from Nani...

He won't start though, that dickhead Rooney is going to get to play. Makes me absolutely sick.

Its essentially a 4-2-3-1. but Kagawa would drop deeper to make it a 4-3-3 when defending. It would help the midfield with an extra man. Doubt he'll even play behind RVP after Welbeck's performances in that role.

Was pissed that Rooney made the bench whilst Adnan didn't.

Sad to think Adnan will most likely be limited to playing in the cup games. He has to perform well in those matches. Adnan pls.

To play 4-3-3 well you need wingers who can also play inside forward. Bar Nani our wingers are wingers and fuck all else (excepting Adnan). Likewise our other forwards (Welbz, Roon and Kagawa) can't do wing play to a basic level.

Meier

At this point, Everton would be crazy to sell both players. It's like Laudrup said regarding the sale of Michu: "Why be the richest team in the Championship?"

Everton wouldn't fall that far back but they would absolutely destroy their season and conceivably finish 5 or more places further back in the table. That's probably £15-20m in money this year as is. Just would be a disastrous decision.

K1LLER7

To play 4-3-3 well you need wingers who can also play inside forward. Bar Nani our wingers are wingers and fuck all else (excepting Adnan). Likewise our other forwards (Welbz, Roon and Kagawa) can't do wing play to a basic level.

Watching the way Silva played today, I want Kagawa to play like that for United.

^ I only see them selling Fellani.

subtles

Its essentially a 4-2-3-1. but Kagawa would drop deeper to make it a 4-3-3 when defending. It would help the midfield with an extra man. Doubt he'll even play behind RVP after Welbeck's performances in that role.

Was pissed that Rooney made the bench whilst Adnan didn't.

Sad to think Adnan will most likely be limited to playing in the cup games. He has to perform well in those matches. Adnan pls.
4-2-3-1 in the defensive phase generally has two banks of four with two players pressing further forward. Suits Kagawa's game, Van Persie played it at Arsenal and the wingers at your disposal are better in that than they are a 4-3-3. The midfield options at United would make that formation a horror in CL.

I think Kagawa can play in one of the forward positions in a 433, he does it quite well for Japan.

When we played him wide in a 4 man midfield he just spent way too much time tracking back and hugging the touchline.

kharma45

I hate how fucking arrogant you guys sound by guaranteeing you are going to sign Baines. Well lets fucking see if he goes to your bloody club or not.

lol

At this point, Everton would be crazy to sell both players. It's like Laudrup said regarding the sale of Michu: "Why be the richest team in the Championship?"

Everton wouldn't fall that far back but they would absolutely destroy their season and conceivably finish 5 or more places further back in the table. That's probably £15-20m in money this year as is. Just would be a disastrous decision.

Yeah I'd think it's too late for Everton to accept unless they can get replacements lined up quickly.

Messi

Whoa....it's Champions League
qualifying
time this week!

Actually looks to be quite a few good matches on:

PSV vs. AC Milan

Shaktar vs. Celtic

and for pure entertainment value - Arsenal away at Fenerbache!

Celtic got Shaktar? My word...gotta watch that.

K1LLER7

Fantasy league.

1 week gone, Massive changes!!!

Used the wildcard, couldn't afford to lose 28 points.

new team:

HOqzbsr.png

Benteke, Soldado, Kagawa, other 3 defenders out.

subtles

If Moyes persists with a 4-3-3 it'll be interesting to see whether he plays a 1-2 or a 2-1 in midfield. No matter how I look at it, buying Fellaini alone will not solve the problem of balance in the side (assuming Carrick plays). The best player United could have bought would've been a Recycler/Destroyer in one, intelligent enough to break up play while dictating the flow of the game. Busi loves Barca though, and those kind of players are rare.

Messi

Fantasy league.

1 week gone, Massive changes!!!

Used the wildcard, couldn't afford to lose 28 points.

new team:

HOqzbsr.png

Benteke, Soldado, Kagawa, other 3 defenders out.

Why Soldado out?

You sure about Wilshere? he has to stay fit.

If Moyes persists with a 4-3-3 it'll be interesting to see whether he plays a 1-2 or a 2-1 in midfield. No matter how I look at it, buying Fellaini alone will not solve the problem of balance in the side (assuming Carrick plays). The best player United could have bought would've been a Recycler/Destroyer in one, intelligent enough to break up play while dictating the flow of the game. Busi loves Barca though, and those kind of players are rare.

Please click me

K1LLER7

Anderson innit.

Fantasy League robbed me of clean sheet points.

Kaboul came on, played 10 or so minutes. Still didn't get the clean sheet points.

K1LLER7

Why Soldado out?

You sure about Wilshere? he has to stay fit.

Please click me

RVP and Aguero > Soldado x Benteke.

Kagawa not a certain starter, Whilshere is, especially with all the other injuries Arsenal have had. Hope he stays fit though. Only cost 6.5m too.

I expect Barkley to play quite often under Martinez. Looks a great player. only 4.5m. Plus their next few fixtures shouldn't be too tough iirc.

Scum

He feels disrespected and has taken refuge on Arsenal Mania where they still retain some hope of signing Suarez, Marchetti, Rooney and Kondogbia and all with the Gervinho money.

Disrespected?? Huh?? Silly bugger. Oi, Lightning. Get your arse back in here.

K1LLER7

Tempted to play mine already too. I'd lose 8 points if I were to change mine.

Can't risk not having RVP.

United attackers will constantly change, but he's the only certain.

Aguero looked like he was back to his old form today. Said before I expect him to have a big season, but thought he would miss the first game.

Barkley could work out a bargain.

Tempted to swap Navas > Silva. But will wait a week.

kharma45

Can't risk not having RVP.

United attackers will constantly change, but he's the only certain.

Aguero looked like he was back to his old form today. Said before I expect him to have a big season, but thought he would miss the first game.

Barkley could work out a bargain.

Tempted to swap Navas > Silva. But will wait a week.

Fuck it, I played mine

CQ3HnVS.png

You better be right about Aguero, didn't like letting Bentekkers go.

JWong

Banned
I need to get Van Persie in my line. Probably will need to remove Mata to make room, and Kagawa to free up a ManU space.

Wilbur

Banned
I love Bainesy but don't really see the point in signing him for any more than 10m, which isn't happening. Evra is a character we absolutely need at the moment to help with the transition; we went onto the pitch on Saturday with Rio, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Carrick and RVP and any one of them could conceivably be our captain. All are strong, mature and experienced players who need to help Moyes as much as they can. Replacing Evra won't help.

Fellaini though, like I said if we can get him for 25m or under I'll be happy. Lets just get it done now and then start looking at players for January or next season ASAP. Koke pls #muppet2014/15

K1LLER7

I love Bainesy but don't really see the point in signing him for any more than 10m, which isn't happening. Evra is a character we absolutely need at the moment to help with the transition; we went onto the pitch on Saturday with Rio, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Carrick and RVP and any one of them could conceivably be our captain. All are strong, mature and experienced players who need to help Moyes as much as they can. Replacing Evra won't help.

Fellaini though, like I said if we can get him for 25m or under I'll be happy. Lets just get it done now and then start looking at players for January or next season ASAP. Koke pls #muppet2014/15

#Kaka23082013

#KakaMoyesBoy

Oh suck my dick Origin, 15 minutes before my game has downloaded and it just decides to revert 25% of the download. 1 hour 15 now.

Fucking piece of shit.

Facism

i celebrated our 6aside league win and promotion to the top division with chinese. 2 different types of chicken and spicy beef.

i am drunk on meat.

[edit]i can still taste the beef. delicious.

Meier

Trying to check out this Attack on Titan show on Crunchyroll since people seem to love it. I can't decide if I'll ever be able to get into anime again unless it's something impressive like a Watanabe show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom