• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peco

1004701_10151648379738953_667418353_n.jpg

x6auHd7.jpg

;(

Feorax

We seem to be the club that agents/players go to this summer to strig alog so they get better deals at their preferred destination.

I think we're at the point where we are going to have to overpay now. My bet is as much as Roma don't want to sell, if we offer them silly money for Lamela, they will take it.

mil6es

We seem to be the club that agents/players go to this summer to strig alog so they get better deals at their preferred destination.

I think we're at the point where we are going to have to overpay now. My bet is as much as Roma don't want to sell, if we offer them silly money for Lamela, they will take it.

Isn't that the problem, the fact that we wont go the extra mile anymore in our fight to get "value for money"

Walshy

We are a joke of a club these days when it comes to transfers. Ayre is a clown.

Whenever John Henry isnt here we look really weak, we need a proper CEO.

Hixx

Di Fanti has been to Rome. He was overheard discussing Roma, West Ham (Quag?) and Sessegnon. IT'S ALL TOO EXCITING I CAN'T TAKE IT I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Isn't that the problem, the fact that we wont go the extra mile anymore in our fight to get "value for money"

£27m for Willian isn't exactly value for money though, that's alot of money to spend.

I think Liverpool's transfers have been quite good in general since Rodgers has taken over. You didn't manage to get Mkhitaryan and might not get Willian but when you're going for players like those...it's always possible a more attractive proposition will come in and sway the player. Liverpool don't have the CL to offer and can't pay massive wages, it's too risky for them right now.

Zabojnik

wtf happened to him lol. His name just kinda disappeared from football.

He went back to Velez in Argentina. At 26. What a waste of talent. *smh*

Kinect is now a factor when deciding to buy xbox one or PS4? The first kinect is one of the worst things I ever bought. Leap motion is a close second. Motion technology = complete and utter shit.

Clegg

The Times say we're going to bid again for Fallaini and Baines. They think the new bid will be around £20m for Fellaini and £15m for Baines.

But they say Everton want £45m for the two.

GorillaJu

Di Marzio also saying Spurs have bid £30m and that Willian is now in London.

People seem to think he's reliable.

Because it's too risky.

Not the same as having loads of money but being unwilling to do it. There's some sound logic behind that choice.

I hate Di Marzio. He was also the one to let us know that Mkhitaryan was signing for Dortmund.

Well that's the third major target we've missed out on. Costa, Willian and Mkhitaryan. We're starting to look like Man Utd here. :(

keit4

Banned
Hey Benfica fans, how bad is Luisinho? Deportivo signed him for three seasons and i'm reading he is even worse than Evaldo. Is such a thing even possible?

bjaelke

We dont know if thats the case?
They've managed to cut wages significantly over the past year.
We will build and grow from within, buy prudently and cleverly and never again waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages. We have no fear of spending and competing with the very best but we will not overpay for players.

We will never place this club in the precarious position that we found it in when we took over at Anfield. This club should never again run up debts that threaten its existence.

Just freeing up alot of wages doesn't mean they can/should offer £150k/week for example to a player they really want.

It upsets the balance of the wage structure. It's understandable why fans would want their club to do that...but at the same time it's understandable why the club would be reluctant to do so.

Obviously I'm speculating here, not sure what Spurs are willing to offer him, what he wants, what Liverpool would offer. But I'd guess Liverpool would need to go well above £100k to 'blow Spurs' offer out the water' type of thing.

GorillaJu

Just freeing up alot of wages doesn't mean they can/should offer £150k/week for example to a player they really want.

It upsets the balance of the wage structure. It's understandable why fans would want their club to do that...but at the same time it's understandable why the club would be reluctant to do so.

Obviously I'm speculating here, not sure what Spurs are willing to offer him, what he wants, what Liverpool would offer. But I'd guess Liverpool would need to go well above £100k to 'blow Spurs' offer out the water' type of thing.

Our offer was allegedly 27m, 50% sell-on clause, and 100k p/wk to the player.

Clegg

Times sayinf United will bid again for Fellaini and Baines. They say we value them at 35m. So Baines would be 15m and Fellaini 20m. But they're saying Everton want 45m for the two.

The Times say we're going to bid again for Fallaini and Baines. They think the new bid will be around £20m for Fellaini and £15m for Baines.

But they say Everton want £45m for the two.

Times sayinf United will bid again for Fellaini and Baines. They say we value them at 35m. So Baines would be 15m and Fellaini 20m. But they're saying Everton want 45m for the two.

Cleff wat r u doin.

Oggy was saying we were gonna bid £35m too. But then I read Guardian are saying the bids will be totally separate from now...who knows.

Personally I think that £35m is quite fair to Everton, but considering the circumstances they're clearly going to push for more.

Hixx

Gianluca Di Marzio @ dimarzio 50s
# bale to @ realmadrid for € 93m, we are to detail. # transfers

itshappening.gif

update: ‏@dimarzio 47s
Gareth #Bale very close to @realmadrid: deal with @SpursOfficial for 93€. And #Coentrao probably will join spurs. #footballtransfers

LTWheels

Life after Bale. I suppose I don't mind Willian going to Spurs is Bale is leaving. Willian is not going to have Bale's goalscoring record.

Gianluca Di Marzio @ dimarzio 50s
# bale to @ realmadrid for € 93m, we are to detail. # transfers

itshappening.gif

update: ‏@dimarzio 47s
Gareth #Bale very close to @realmadrid: deal with @SpursOfficial for 93€. And #Coentrao probably will join spurs. #footballtransfers

If Spurs actually manage to get Willian and then Lamela too.

Holy shit.

GorillaJu

Microsoft's methods in the gaming industry really bother me. So smarmy.

They can't develop a system or software that people get excited about so they just throw money at exclusive deals to curry favor. They're the Real Madrid of gaming.

bjaelke

Microsoft's methods in the gaming industry really bother me. So smarmy.

They can't develop a system or software that people get excited about so they just throw money at exclusive deals to curry favor. They're the Real Madrid of gaming.

I expect Titanfall to be written with comic sans of the boxart.

subtles

So Lamela entourage are in London according to some journalists. Soldado, Lamela and Willian to replace Bale? Bloody hell....

Feorax

Supposedly our next target is Damiao.

I can see the logic, but I'm not keen on the idea of Aspas and Suarez being our first choice wide players.

Carbonox

Soldado and Paulinho in this window already too....

Exciting times.

Capoue might not be mentioned much in the same sentence as the rest of these players but I think he's a fantastic defensive player and will be just as important as the rest come the end of the season. Very solid and tidy player.

Spurs have most certainly taken this Summer seriously. Haven't seen such class business in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom