• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

A sony football game on the level of The Show would be pretty good competition for Fifa. I'm sure none of you guys are big fans of baseball, but The Show is far and away the best, most complete sports game available, IMO.

A sony football game on the level of The Show would be pretty good competition for Fifa. I'm sure none of you guys are big fans of baseball, but The Show is far and away the best, most complete sports game available, IMO.

That is what I hear. But yeah, no interest in baseball and have never played it, but I would just love some good competition for EA and have long given up hope that Konami will ever make a decent PES or really any other decent game that Kojima isn't involved with.

is there anything you like, outside of relegation spots?

Good video games. Most recently the new shadowrun was fucking awesome.

Sane_Man

Why's everyone acting like all these Spurs rumours are facts? Not one of them have a reliable source from what I can tell. Don't get excited/depressed until something actually has some weight behind it.

Batigol

Banned
Stupid bet of the day

k52Zsdg.png

€1 wins me €36

GorillaJu

That is what I hear. But yeah, no interest in baseball and have never played it, but I would just love some good competition for EA and have long given up hope that Konami will ever make a decent PES or really any other decent game that Kojima isn't involved with.

Good video games.

I feel the same way. I'm not quite sure how EA has managed to make a football game feel so off, given how they've been essentially working with the same engine for 5, 6 years now.

Konami I can understand because they don't have the resources or the budget. Who knows, maybe the next PES will be good. It'll still be "Merseyside Reds" though, and not Liverpool.

FootballFan

is there anything you like, outside of relegation spots?

Outside of football teams Wooden has the best taste in movies/tv shows/games here imo..well I agree with him more than I do with the rest of you guys.

His music taste is a bit different, watched some Dillinger Escape Plan videos with my mates and just cracked up for ages, but overall he is usually right. :lol AssCreed. :lol Drive Club. pls.

Timbuktu

Why's everyone acting like all these Spurs rumours are facts? Not one of them have a reliable source from what I can tell. Don't get excited/depressed until something actually has some weight behind it.

Because Levy has the reputation of a sith lord, you can believe he can get all this done

GorillaJu

When it gets to this point, it's only a matter of time. It's all over the place now - he's Tottenham's player.

But Driveclub is going to be a good game. Both Motorstorm games were excellent.

Clegg

he's calling our £28m offer a waste of time. Think we might still get them if we up the bid.

Roberto Martinez has described Manchester United's joint £28m bid for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines as “a waste of time” and claimed he does not anticipate another approach from the Premier League champions. United made what Everton labelled a “derisory and insulting” offer for the prized pair last Thursday and have not dropped their interest.

But asked whether he expects another bid from David Moyes's club, who currently value Fellaini below what Everton paid for the midfielder five years ago, the Everton manager said today: “No. I mentioned after the start of the campaign, I don't agree with having the window open while the games are going on and the games are official.

“From my point of view, when there's anything to tell our fans, I'll be the first one to tell them if there's any players coming in or going out. I think as a club we made it very clear that the whole issue was a bit of a waste of time and the fans need to be aware of that. But my focus is West Brom, just working towards that. I'm not going to be going on about speculation and talking about possible transfers because I think that time is over.”

mil6es

LOLerpool indeed, I feel we are no closer to getting a 4th place now, the best we can hope for is a fight for 5th with ArsenLOL but most probably will get 6th.

Long road to nowhere

LTWheels

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1m
Spurs now look set to complete moves for Wilian and Erik Lamela. Anyone would think they were about to come into some money.

K1LLER7

Ben Smith says Spurs look set to sign both Willian and Lamela.

Most reliable source yet.
Levy is boss.

Get £93m and a decent LB for Bale, who really performed great in one season.

Buy another 2 players who could quite easily make them stronger than when they had Bale.

This also means Levy is getting his cash up front, otherwise these deals wouldn't be happening.

Who are RM selling to fund it is the question now.

Wilbur

Banned
Still think Spurs need a central defender even if Capoue can play there. Get Willian and Lamela in, and get that young Romanian one.

Lloris/Friedel
Walker/Naughton
Kaboul/Romanian lad
Dawson/Vertonghen
Coentrao/Rose
Sandro/Capoue
Paulinho/Carroll
Dembele/Sigurdsson/Holtby
Lennon/Chadli/Townsend
Willian/Lamela
Soldado/Adebayor/Defoe

now that ladies and gentlemen

is squad fucking depth

Fuck United

Still think Spurs need a central defender even if Capoue can play there. Get Willian and Lamela in, and get that young Romanian one.

Lloris/Friedel
Walker/Naughton
Kaboul/Romanian lad
Vertonghen/Dawson
Contreao/Rose
Sandro/Holtby
Paulinho/Capoue
Dembele/Sigurdsson
Lamela/Lennon
Willian/Chadli
Soldado/Adebayor/Defoe

now that ladies and gentlemen

is squad fucking depth

Fuck United
Fixed.

K1LLER7

This also means Levy is getting his cash up front, otherwise these deals wouldn't be happening.

Who are RM selling to fund it is the question now.
Coentrao being included in the deal too. Madrid/Perez is crazy.

Rumours about United wanting Ozil or Modric and would be willing to pay £40m.

One of those 2 will probably be bench players this season.

Would personally really like that. It would be better if Chelsea somehow managed to get 18th or lower though.

On the other hand : wouldn't it be kind of great if it turned out that Mou is still a fantastic manager, who would have done great things with Real if it weren't for them being a bunch of prima donnas?

subtles

I hope we don't sign a player now for the sake of making a statement. Depth in the defensive areas would be nice.

Spurs are looking very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom