• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

Gotta say Twitter is amazing right now. Willian is now either: not good enough for LFC, is way overpriced, will be a Sigurdsson-esqe flop or Willian isn't actually stopping in London and is just on his way to John Lennon.

Let's go live to the scene at RAWK

(Spurs) This is pissing me off. They don't even have CL...

Willian is a thick twat, just like Sigurdsson and Dempsey. Anyone chooses Spurs over LFC has a few screws loose.

My mate just followed Steve McDonald from Corrie for 15 miles on the motorway trying to draw level with him...

I am dying here. Adding that video to bookmarks.

Wish the video of him pooping in a towel and throwing it at the crowd during that performance made it out to the public. Their first big European show and they managed to get sued for throwing feces and get cut off early. You should appreciate this as well for hilarity, how a band looks when being told they won't get paid for the night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6F3UJsZCcE&t=1m8s

6:28 so good lol, that's going to be itchy as fuck for the rest of the night. Honestly I never got TDEP until I saw them live randomly at a festival in 2008, but then I was sold.

lol, how about some middle ground then? instrumental prog, Gru:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ZAbNs47Ho

Never really listened to Gru, but yeah from that track it sounds really good. I do prefer some aggressive vocals over it usually though, but do occasionally listen to Pelican and such without vocals too.

Fergie

Banned
Someone fucking bomb Woodwards house.

oBvXh4y.jpg

Walshy

I am still puzzled to why Liverpool hasnt announced the Cissokho deal, he is even training with the team now and everything :lol

Slizz

It's funny how since the advent of social media and instant news how quickly people jump to conclusions. It's practically week to week with different predictions.

Spurs 3rd now cause they are going to get rid of Bale and replace him with a couple new quality players?

Yet the day before the season started almost everyone had Tottenham 5th or 4th.

Never really listened to Gru, but yeah from that track it sounds really good. I do prefer some aggressive vocals over it usually though, but do occasionally listen to Pelican and such without vocals too.

i knew we had some common ground. Copenhaga's still ghastly, though.

mil6es

the clutching at straws on Rawk is amazing!!! lol and still most of them havnt realised that Spurs right now is a better team than us even before the summer signings

Have Spurs improved through these series of deals though? Of course it's impressive that they appear to have so swiftly replaced Bale, but neither Willian nor Lamela have ever come close to matching Bale's contribution, even combined - and that's assuming they can both fit in the same team.

Not to mention that every transfer is a gamble, even expensive, fairly proven players like Willian. I would suggest that losing Bale and bringing in the 2 is a weakening for Tottenham in the end.

Now, that's not to say the they won't get fourth; their team is still stronger than last season. My point is that their team right this second - with Bale and without Willian/Lamela - is stronger than what it will become.

I had hoped Spurs would sign Soldado, and if that if they sold Bale that they would sign Lamela. Should they sign him and Willian, Spurs have actually a better squad than they had last season. I don't know if they can actually sign Lamela though.

We need some perspective also, Bale score 21 goals last season and that was great for Spurs and of course they won't be able to replace him individually. That said Soldado did score 24 goals in La Liga last season, and Lamela scored 15 in Serie A. Willian is a live wire and he could do some damage in the EPL too.

It will depend on AVB, but I think if he gets Lamela too then I'm looking at a team and a manager that are going to be the focus of my attention in the EPL next season. It's an exciting time for the club, and I hope they actually buy these players after they sell Bale.

FootballFan

Wish the video of him pooping in a towel and throwing it at the crowd during that performance made it out to the public. Their first big European show and they managed to get sued for throwing feces and get cut off early. You should appreciate this as well for hilarity, how a band looks when being told they won't get paid for the night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6F3UJsZCcE&t=1m8s

6:28 so good lol, that's going to be itchy as fuck for the rest of the night. Honestly I never got TDEP until I saw them live randomly at a festival in 2008, but then I was sold.

Hahaha that is the video I show to everyone. It's amazing.

It's funny how since the advent of social media and instant news how quickly people jump to conclusions. It's practically week to week with different predictions.

Spurs 3rd now cause they are going to get rid of Bale and replace him with a couple new quality players?

i always placed them 3rd, right behind Chelsea and City. still maintain it, with or without Bale.

Slizz

i always placed them 3rd, right behind Chelsea and City. still maintain it, with or without Bale.

Thats fine, not even really calling people out in here. Just find it funny.

I think with all the new players Tottenham might have some trouble maintaining form, but I think they do very well in the league.

Changing predictions during the transfer window makes perfect sense, making them before the window has ended is what's funny!

FootballFan

Well my brother just got home (I have been dog sitting my moms house for the last weeks time while they were both gone to places), he was eager to show me his firstt tattoo.

:lol that picture got huge when I clicked it.

Is he a Copenhagen, Midtyland or Brondby fan?

ShogunX

Probably hoping to annouce Willian at the same time :lol

At least Usho isn't here to gloat.

About what? Let's at least wait until everything is official before any gloating takes place. If we miss out on Willian then so be it, there are plenty of other players out there who we should be looking at. I still find it hard to explain why we haven't gone for Eriksen.

confuziz

Banned
About what? Let's at least wait until everything is official before any gloating takes place. If we miss out on Willian then so be it, there are plenty of other players out there who we should be looking at. I still find it hard to explain why we haven't gone for Eriksen.

No use. Eriksen wants to go to a CL side and he is good enough for that.

Yup, Bendtner.

According to Danish press he has found himself a new club in Denmark. It's a night club called Zen but they feel sure he can finally perform. Googe translated :

The Danish national team's first striker has finally found a club that would have him, after he has become undesirable in English Arsenal. Bendtner is glad for the opportunity and points out that Zen is perfect for him because of the delicious padded benches.

With 193 cm in height, 25 years and 0 goals in 9 matches for Juventus, it may be difficult to understand that Nicklas Bendtner has had a hard time finding a new club. But it was nevertheless the case in this transfer window.

After an unsuccessful visit to the Primera Division club Malaga he is quoted in the local newspaper El Papelito as saying: "Malaga is a lovely place, but the club was not just me. The music was bad and there were not very many ladies. To be honest, it's actually one of the worst clubs I've ever been on. "

A statement is said to have offended last year's Champions League quarter-finalists and Juliet Zangenberg exactly equally.

Bendtner is satisfied and had prepared for it would be overkill, to hope that a European top club wanted him. "But now I am accustomed to not hit the target, you might say. You learn to adjust their expectations when your name is Nicklas Bendtner. Right now Zen is the best option for me. Remee has promised that I start inside on the dance floor all evenings. Also Tuesday. "says a visibly relieved and happy

http://heltnormalt.dk/vildtsporty/2013/08/20/084500

phaze

I'm not sure as well, I better get a free transfer and 12mill back if Bale truly leaves.

Yeah I've Bale too. I might use wildcard though, quarter of my team didn't even play this week. :D

According to Danish press he has found himself a new club in Denmark. It's a night club called Zen but they feel sure he can finally perform. Googe translated :

http://heltnormalt.dk/vildtsporty/2013/08/20/084500

I missed the "night" bit and thought that was for real. :lol

subtles

I am still puzzled to why Liverpool hasnt announced the Cissokho deal, he is even training with the team now and everything :lol
Ayre is off on some mission so the club couldn't get the pictures of the fake contract signing. Expect development when Ian returns on his Harley.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just five days before season opener against Livorno, Roma sell their three best players.

DDR is the only one left, anyone?

LTWheels

Guardian:

1.59pm BST
And here is our Merseyside correspondent Andy Hunter explaining Liverpool's thinking over Willian

Liverpool are resigned to defeat in the pursuit of Willian, which is a good job having been out-bid by Tottenham and with the Brazilian reportedly undergoing a medical in London. The Anfield club were first to move for the midfielder following news of the budget-slashing at Anzhi Makhachkala and had made good progress on a £30m deal by the weekend, albeit without taking his signature for granted having missed out on Henrik Mkhitaryan and Diego Costa. That caution was well-placed when Spurs arrived with a better offer to both Anzhi and the player. Liverpool refused to go above their initial valuation and Willian is White Hart Lane bound as a result.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 26m
@RobbieCarney80 He didn't choose. They chose him. Spurs had an offer accepted. Liverpool didn't.

Feorax

Probably dc here, but Di Marzio says we're now in for Lamela.

Would be better for us than Willian IMO, but still very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom