• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

City looked really good. Pellegrini's style seemed to work very well. I like how whenever someone moved, someone went back to take his place. It was very fluid.

Fluid but very fast, frightening in attack. Took about 30 seconds for Fernandinho to adapt to the pace of the PL, Navas and Zabaleta looked a good partnership.

Aguero needs to piss off back to Spain though he's too good :(

Wes

venison crêpe
Can someone bring me up to speed on events,

Spurs are signing Willian AND Lamela? What's going on with Cabaye?

K1LLER7

BSHYPmFIMAA4hgU.jpg

Hindle

Banned
Bale will leave when Spurs sign Willian? Surely they cant afford to spend all this money and keep Bale. It would be financial suicide

Showaddy

Bale will leave when Spurs sign Willian? Surely they cant afford to spend all this money and keep Bale. It would be financial suicide

Either that or our Billionaire owner finally decided to throw some cash at us. Bale probably is leaving now though, they were just waiting until they got the players in first.

Zabojnik

You and Serie A GAF are probably the only ones who have seen him play more than a handful of times. You don't buy in to the hype then?

I think he's got a lot to prove yet to be deserving of the hype he's getting, that's all. He had a fantastic two months at the beginning of last season, scoring like 7 goals in 8 matches. But that was under Zeman. Even De Ceglie could be a top scorer under Zdenek. I've actually only seen him in like six matches and wasn't overly impressed.

Can someone bring me up to speed on events,

Spurs are signing Willian AND Lamela? What's going on with Cabaye?

RM buying Bale for £93m + Coentrao

Spurs buying Wilian for £30m and Lamela for £29.5m

Arsenal haven't yet made a second bid for Cabaye over the £10m they offered just before yesterday's match.

Either that or our Billionaire owner finally decided to throw some cash at us. Bale probably is leaving now though, they were just waiting until they got the players in first.

Joe Lewis is not the type to throw money at the problem.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You and Serie A GAF are probably the only ones who have seen him play more than a handful of times. You don't buy in to the hype then?
He's got loads of potential, that's for sure, but I don't know why I don't rate him either. And I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think he scored most of his goals under Zeman?

You know who managed to score 22 goals under Zeman? Vucinic.
KuGsj.gif

Mirko
KuGsj.gif

Fucking
KuGsj.gif

Vucinic
KuGsj.gif

\
Twitter family I'm finally on the wave. Only a few years late �� S/O to my followers.. Haters stay away cause yo ass will get blocked!! #love

Fuck man, I thought it was you at first!

Wes

venison crêpe
RM buying Bale for £93m + Coentrao

Spurs buying Wilian for £30m and Lamela for £29.5m

Arsenal haven't yet made a second bid for Cabaye over the £10m they offered just before yesterday's match.

That's a brilliant deal for Spurs if it works out. They are having a stonking good transfer window. I'd like them to pick up another central defender though.

subtles

d2hf1crfnymcyq.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/pellegrini4-2-2-2-300x193.jpg

Pellegrini's most favored formation to those interested. There was a video where he explains the nuances in Spanish but it's been taken down. He would play different formations in some circumstances (4-2-3-1 against Barca who have better possession for example) but would always aim to play fluid attacking football. It was partly what cost them against Dortmund but he has a better squad at his disposal now.

Jojo, Dzeko or Negredo? I'm interested in seeing how he keeps the forwards happy.

Meier

http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/gallery/gimages/bshhw8_caaatiso.jpg[IMG]

What a cool guy.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, he looks the part. Rocking the Lenny Kravitz look.

Ferna posted this picture of his wife and kid yesterday -- it's obviously a small sample (just a few random footballers out of 200 million people or so, haha), but it seems like a lot of Brazilians have big, curly hair. :p

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q79/1175158_611012945616745_1108232217_n.jpg

Matthaus on stage at Gamescom just mentioned Schweinsteger, Lahm, Gotze and Reus as some of the best in the world or something. Reus to Bayern confirmed.

omgkitty

You guys do realize that most of this probably came down to them getting rights for likenesses right? I'm sure they got enough to show off now and then they'll keep putting more out to keep people coming back for more. I'm sure if someone is missing, they'll show up eventually.

sohois

Those are some pretty shitty legends, seems like it's more legends of the last 20 years.

I'd rather have the fake name legends from PES than that shit

edit: where's Djimi Traore? He's won more CLs than most of those chumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom