• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
amie jackson @GuardianJamieJ

Martinez calls #mufc bid for Fellaini/Baines "a waste of time" for #EFC

I honestly don't see Everton selling Baines. You don't sell your two best players at the same time. Little time for a replacement, and if we split the bid, I doubt we go high enough to tempt them.

I can see Martinez preferring someone like James McCarthy to Fellaini though. That is, if Woodward learns how to make a proper bid.

Meier

Lamela is a fantastic player. He's not necessarily at Bale's level yet but he is close and a few years younger. I suggested him as the ideal replacement even before I'd seen any rumors that they'd make a go at him, so it would work out perfectly for them if this all pans out.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Shakhter Karagandy have sacrificed a sheep in the tunnel ahead of our Champions League play-off with them today. We're fucked. Spirit of the sheep.

GWJ33hX.jpg

Meier

Shakhter Karagandy have sacrificed a sheep in the tunnel ahead of our Champions League play-off with them today. We're fucked. Spirit of the sheep.

Please tell me this is true. That's the best thing I've ever heard about a soccer game if it is.

Mastadon

Banned
About what? Let's at least wait until everything is official before any gloating takes place. If we miss out on Willian then so be it, there are plenty of other players out there who we should be looking at. I still find it hard to explain why we haven't gone for Eriksen.

More than likely because to accommodate him, Coutinho would have to play on the left. There's no doubt in my mind that Coutinho is the better player in that role, so I'd prefer to use him in his best position.

There's no way Lamela will happen.

LTWheels

More than likely because to accommodate him, Coutinho would have to play on the left. There's no doubt in my mind that Coutinho is the better player in that role, so I'd prefer to use him in his best position.

There's no way Lamela will happen.

tbh, Coutinho plays an orthodox left most of the time. He mainly plays quite centrally even when starting on the left. It's only in defence where he stays left.

MooSeePoo

Neo Member
Please tell me this has been noted?

Guardian:
This is interesting. The Italian news agency, Ansa, which I'd say is trustworthy, has just published an article saying that the Roma delegation in London is not in the UK to discuss the possible transfer of Erik Lamela to Spurs but instead that of Marco Borriello to West Ham. Here is the piece (although it looks like it still needs a bit of subbing, this piece). Where is Paolo Bandini when you need him?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Speaking of interesting cultural traditions, Hajduk Split were removed from Europe in the 80s for slaughtering a cockerel when they played Spurs. To be fair, they did it on the pitch before the match in front of the players.

Mastadon

Banned
tbh, Coutinho plays an orthodox left most of the time. He mainly plays quite centrally even when starting on the left. It's only in defence where he stays left.

Yeah absolutely, the whole of our front four are very fluid and can move positions pretty comfortably. I'm not sure how well Eriksen would fit in with that.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Out: Bale
In: Willian, Lamela and Coentrao plus 30m

Just me or are Spurs playing a blinder with this if it goes through? Arry would be proud.

Yen

Daniel Sturridge ‏@D_Sturridge
Twitter family I'm finally on the wave. Only a few years late �� S/O to my followers.. Haters stay away cause yo ass will get blocked!! #love
Liverpool should try and get a CB before an AM.
Probably, though for the time being, I'm happy with Kolo and Agger being our first choice pairing. Good to see Wisdom is seen as a CB, but we ought to get rid of Coates and Skrtel and replace them with a solid CB.

omgkitty

Probably, though for the time being, I'm happy with Kolo and Agger being our first choice pairing. Good to see Wisdom is seen as a CB, but we ought to get rid of Coates and Skrtel and replace them with a solid CB.

Why would any team need more than 3 CB's? :\

Randdalf

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/19/england-qualified-players-premier-league

Richard Scudamore, the Premier League's chief executive, feels that his organisation have been blamed unfairly for the growing imbalance in elite English football. No to mention the dismal failure of the England Under-21 and Under-20 teams in this summer's respective junior European Championship in Israel and World Cup in Turkey.

"It's not the Premier League's fault the country's population is only 60 million and there are 212 countries playing this game," said Scudamore last month. "It's bigger than us."

Last time I checked Spain had a population of 46m. Scudamore needs to shut up.

omgkitty

Agger - previously injury prone
Kolo - 32 y.o
Wisdom - 20 y.o, inexperienced

Probably leaving (on loan maybe):
Coates - not good enough
Skrtel - can't play Rodger's system

Room for 4.

I was more shitting on the fact that Arsenal currently only have 3 CB's in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom