• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing about all of this is that not only will you now get to play Football Manager Classic on a PS Vita but, for the first time ever, if you have the game on PC, Mac or Linux, you’ll be able to play the game across all platforms. Play the game at home on your computer, upload the saved game to the cloud, download on your PS Vita, and continue to play on the bus. Anytime, any place, anywhere.

The Vita is saved.

subtles

What was the V.Director of the Sony Press Conference smoking? I wanted to see what was on screen, not look at it from a distance.

Arnie

The Order 1886 looks sexy too.

I haven't a clue what kind of game it is or what it's about. The art work makes me want to get it.

Told the marketing manager for The Order that I thought the art style looked naff and she gave me a piercing look. Admittedly that was just an initial impression, I actually have a feeling that thing could turn out really well.

There'll be a physics demonstration from it at Gamescom, so watch out for that.

Clegg

Told the marketing manager for The Order that I thought the art style looked naff and she gave me a piercing look. Admittedly that was just an initial impression, I actually have a feeling that thing could turn out really well.

There'll be a physics demonstration from it at Gamescom, so watch out for that.

Will do.

Cheers Arnie.

Giving serious thought to cancelling my PS4 preorder

-Underwhelming launch lineup (imo, of course)
-3+ month gap between launch and Infamous, which to me is the first truly exciting game to come out for it
-Minor hardware kinks could be ironed out in those 3 months
-Still have a big PS3 backlog, which will only grow when GTAV, Beyond, GT6 and Rain come out
-Judging by Gamescom, Sony have nothing from the major studios in the immediate pipeline after Infamous

Infamous looks fuking amazing though, definitely getting one by the time that comes out.

Is Laboured on holiday? Need help with that PC build :(

Just watched today's Adidas Hangout with Leitner, Bittencourt and Hummels.

Hummels is so awesome, he doesn't outright say it but it's so obvious that he thinks Löw's defensive tactics are proper shit. I love it.

spidye

-3+ month gap between launch and Infamous, which to me is the first truly exciting game to come out for it
-Still have a big PS3 backlog, which will only grow when GTAV, Beyond, GT6 and Rain come out
-Judging by Gamescom, Sony have nothing from the major studios in the immediate pipeline after Infamous

Infamous looks fuking amazing though, definitely getting one by the time that comes out.

exactly my thoughts

very underwhelming from sony. expected much more

DominoKid

BSIlMNhIEAAZC3C.jpg:large

Fuck you Lyon. WE DON'T WANT POT 2

wenger spending that money wisely.

Showaddy

What's your definition of immediate? Guerilla Games & Sony Santa Monica have been working on new IP's for a couple of years now and Naughty Dog have been working on their PS4 game since Uncharted 3.

Randdalf

Isn't the launch lineup basically the same as Microsoft's bar a few first party titles?

panty

Rime looks spectacular and so does KZ, dat MP. The first game to look truly next-gen.
I have keys for Medal of Honor and Mirror's Edge on Steam. One of each. PM me if you want them!

Medal of Honor is a fucking joke, an abomination. 55 FOV on PC and you can't even change that.

FootballFan

Oh God, I'm gonna enjoy this.

Carragher - "that cannot happen" re_ Bosscielny loooool

Edit - omg Nev's face when he says "they're just panicking" looool complete and utter disdain.

G Nev: "1 player can't fix this, they need 4 or 5"

Wtf I thought Arsenal was 2-3 signings away from winning the CL

subtles

Rime reminded me of The Last Guardian. I hope we either get that game someday or Ueda works on a new project soon. He missed an entire generation!

What's your definition of immediate? Guerilla Games & Sony Santa Monica have been working on new IP's for a couple of years now and Naughty Dog have been working on their PS4 game since Uncharted 3.

I can;t help but shake the feeling that Gamescom was the last big chance they had to build hype pre-release, and they would have used it to announce at least one of the new games from ND, SSM and GG. The fact that none of them were there indicates to me that none of them will be out before September next year, which already puts 2 massive gaps in the games lineup, launch to Infamous, and Infamous to September. Maybe they'll surprise us all with a late announcement, which would be awesome

Isn't the launch lineup basically the same as Microsoft's bar a few first party titles?

Irrelevant :p

The only way I'd buy an Xbox would be if GTA or Dark Souls went exclusive. I can just about live without the other third party stuff.

Arnie

Rime looks spectacular and so does KZ, dat MP. The first game to look truly next-gen.

I think 64 player Battlefield 4 at 60fps is by far the biggest technical achievement on show at launch, Killzone included. When you throw all that together, add things like networked wave simulations, dynamic weather and destruction, it's spectacular.

Killzone has a great aesthetic, as always, but I don't think it matches the scope and ambition of Battlefield. Speaking honestly. Warzones look fun, though. Just hope they can develop a unique and deep combat loop that doesn't remind me of a slew of other shooters.

I think 64 player Battlefield 4 at 60fps is by far the biggest technical achievement on show at launch, Killzone included. When you throw all that together, add things like networked wave simulations, dynamic weather and destruction, it's spectacular.

Killzone has a great aesthetic, as always, but I don't think it matches the scope and ambition of Battlefield. Speaking honestly. Warzones look fun, though. Just hope they can develop a unique and deep combat loop that doesn't remind me of a slew of other shooters.

Seen those MP screens from KZ? Honestly the cleanest looking game I've ever seen if they're at all indicative.

I've not been blown away by any of the technical achievements so far, all of the games look about how I'd expect.

Can't wait to see what SSM and Naughty Dog can do when they develop games from the ground up with finalised hardware specs

I have one big problem with BF4, and that's the way the players seem to blend into the background too easily.

K1LLER7

RIME looks beautiful.

Getting ICO vibes from it. Looking forward to seeing how it plays.

Also, hate that Sony are still pushing Ass Creed so much :(

Showaddy

I can;t help but shake the feeling that Gamescom was the last big chance they had to build hype pre-release, and they would have used it to announce at least one of the new games from ND, SSM and GG. The fact that none of them were there indicates to me that none of them will be out before September next year, which already puts 2 massive gaps in the games lineup, launch to Infamous, and Infamous to September. Maybe they'll surprise us all with a late announcement, which would be awesome

Of the 3 big studios the only one I was really expecting at Gamescom was GG because it's well known that they've had a fantasy RPG the pipeline for a while. They probably didn't want the reveal to overshadow the new Killzone though so it's somewhat understandable.

Naughty Dog announced U2, U3 & TLOU at the VGA's and released them a year later so I expect the same with their PS4 announcement. Your right about SSM though because there's been almost no information released about their new IP, early 2015 is more likely for them.

Arnie

Seen those MP screens from KZ? Honestly the cleanest looking game I've ever seen if they're at all indicative.

I've not been blown away by any of the technical achievements so far, all of the games look about how I'd expect.

Can't wait to see what SSM and Naughty Dog can do when they develop games from the ground up with finalised hardware specs

Aye. The whole thing just reminds me of Crysis now. That map on the rooftop even looks like the beta map from Crysis 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom