• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
hitcher, what did you think of the "fly" episode?

Really good, and needed because I didn't
like the way they were going with the relationship between Walter and Jesse, and the episode put them back on track. The dead fly at the end was clearly made of plastic though :p

Really good, and needed because I didn't
like the way they were going with the relationship between Walter and Jesse, and the episode put them back on track. The dead fly at the end was clearly made of plastic though :p

Good man.

ibxxtillxpobdgoyuiw.gif

Showaddy

I know it's amazing programme but Iv'e never watched an episode of Breaking Bad. Gonna wait for the complete box set to come out on Blu-Ray then just watch it all in a week.

I've actually had a much easier time staying spoiler free for BB then I have for Game of Thrones. Absolute cakewalk by comparison.

With Game of Thrones you have millions of knobends who read the books and think they're clever by dropping hints which are blatant spoilers all over the place.

Signed out again,

#fuckSony

Showaddy

With Game of Thrones you have millions of knobends who read the books and think they're clever by dropping hints which are blatant spoilers all over the place.

Signed out again,

#fuckSony

I got spoiled for GoT by my fucking Youtube recommend list. The show was keeping a character identity secret but some book reader who knew what was up thought it'd be a great idea to title a video: so and so tortures Theon.

Appeared right at the top of my page. Saw it and went; so if that's his name...then he's related too...which means...FUCK!

Watching the PS4 presser right now

Do wonder about the indie games exclusivity in regards to PC. They do specifically say "console exclusive". Some of those games look neat.

Where is 'here' ?

It's out here in NZ on 29th November.

UAE.

The Vita came out here the same day as the UK so there's still a hope.

Watching the PS4 presser right now

Do wonder about the indie games exclusivity in regards to PC. They do specifically say "console exclusive". Some of those games look neat.

Which games specifically? Most of the exclusivity don't apply to PC. Like The Binding of Isaac.

So what did FootieGAF think of the X1 FIFA 14 preorder bundle? Has that been dissected here?

When Sony learned of it, they should have swapped the American and European PS4 release dates. FIFA fans are just about stupid enough to buy a console so they can play the next-gen version a couple of weeks early.

Plus, it would be a nice reward for keeping them afloat these last 8 fucking years

Rime looks absolutely gorgeous. Not 'ZOMG 1080p 60fps AA no screentearing' gorgeous but 'this is the most aesthetically pleasing game of all time' gorgeous

Zabojnik

Downloading Sony's GC press conference. Anything else I should watch? Can't be bothered to go to Gaming side tonight. Gamescom is all about Star Citizen's party on the weekend anyway.

Downloading Sony's GC press conference. Anything else I should watch? Can't be bothered to go to Gaming side tonight. Gamescom is all about Star Citizen's party on the weekend anyway.

Skip the Ubisoft tripe. I was bored watching the 5 minute AC demo, and they'll stretch it out for 60 hours

GQman2121

Banned
Just watched Clear History from HBO. Larry David wrote and stars. There's a bunch of other people in it too. It was pretty entertaining. Recommended.

Which games specifically? Most of the exclusivity don't apply to PC. Like The Binding of Isaac.
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Rime, Helldivers specifically and Shadow of the Beast looked pretty interesting.

Most of the developers started out on PC so I highly doubt it that they're giving Steam the finger. Timed exclusives and console exclusivity most likely.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Rime, Helldivers specifically and Shadow of the Beast looked pretty interesting.

Most of the developers started out on PC so I highly doubt it that they're giving Steam the finger. Timed exclusives and console exclusivity most likely.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is coming to PC afaik, I don't know about the other games since the devs haven't said much but I can see them coming to PC at some point.

K1LLER7

Some of the Indie games Sony showed were great.

Can't wait for the next 'N+' game and also the first game they showed when they showed all those Indie games. Looked like a 2D Zelda.

GQman2121

Banned
We've bid £28m for Rooney apparently because we're trolling the Baines/Fellaini bid......

It'll cost us twice that amount. Roman pls.

FootballFan

Some of the Indie games Sony showed were great.

Can't wait for the next 'N+' game and also the first game they showed when they showed all those Indie games. Looked like a 2D Zelda.

Rime and N++ are the day one psn titles for me.

This guy just doesn't get it.

http://i.minus.com/jbzwhejDVM8uSV.jpg[IMG]

It's probably worse by now.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Madrid ended up even further behind last season(15 pts) than in 11/12 season.

FootballFan

Spurs got Will.i.am

Top 4 splurge. Good for them.

Arsenal and Liverpool will be duly punished for their lack of ambition.

IMO Liverpool don't lack ambition, the players they are after always prefer offers from different stronger teams unfortunately.

I don't think Arsenal have that same excuse, losing Higuain to Napoli(even appeal to Arsenal imo) or Gustavo to Wolfsburg and so on.

Zabojnik

Liverpool-GAF have been remarkably calm about losing all their top summer targets. I'd be raging by now.

Inter have signed Taider from Bologna. Solid player.

bjaelke

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david
Spoken to reps of PSG CB Sakho - say Barca, Milan, Arsenal & Tottenham have contacted to express interest. €12m fee, €6m salary #bbcfootball

---

Very much liked how Sony opened the presser last night by showing off the UI. BigFest caught my attention.
Liverpool-GAF have been remarkably calm about losing all their top summer targets. I'd be raging by now.
I think most of us have come to term with it by now. We'll probably continue to lose out to oppositions paying better and offering more attractive deals (European football and wages).

Aye, it's not a lack of ambition we're showing. If anything, we're going for players that are probably above our level at the moment, and they're all choosing teams in a better position than us that are presumably offering bigger wages than we can. It happens, and it'll certainly happen again. I imagine this is one of the reasons the transfer committee exists, so we don't just shit the bed when we miss out on a target as we'll (presumably) have a number of players who "Fit The Profile™" of what we want. There's still players out there that would improve that particular position so I'm not feeling the whole "we're doomed" sentiment I've seen sporadically. I'll be worried if it gets to the end of August and we're locked in negotiations for Matt Jarvis and Kevin Nolan or something.

What I will say though is that I'm never exactly instilled with a great confidence whenever I realise we've sent Ian Ayre out to negotiate for a player.

We've been desensitised.

So football gaf, fifa 14 current gen or next gen?

i honestly don't want to be fall behind in my pro in virtual pro , my aim is to be top5 in world in defense on fifa 14, so ill be getting both versions of the game sadly.

GorillaJu

Spurs got Will.i.am

Top 4 splurge. Good for them.

Arsenal and Liverpool will be duly punished for their lack of ambition.

Don't think you can blame Liverpool for Spurs spending money like an Orange County housewife whose husband just got a bonus. Spurs bid 35m euro for Will.i.an. That's a lot of cash.

GorillaJu

So football gaf, fifa 14 current gen or next gen?

i honestly don't want to be fall behind in my pro in virtual pro , my aim is to be top5 in world in defense on fifa 14, so ill be getting both versions of the game sadly.

I'm waiting for next gen. I'm not a big Fifa nut myself, just enjoy the odd game here or there, so waiting till Nov sits fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom