• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think he should show some fucking balls and say we need to get someone in, and then if we don't people can take it out on the board instead of him getting bollocked when he says "well I'm happy with our side" and we end up getting fucked in midfield every game.
No.

I'm sorry but that's fucking stupid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, it's almost offical for Berardi. We're signing him with the co-ownership formula. EXCITE. He'll stay at Sassulo this season though.

How good is he again? I totally forgot.
KuGsj.gif

Is he better than my boy Zaza?

GorillaJu

I do think he should show some fucking balls and say we need to get someone in, and then if we don't people can take it out on the board instead of him getting bollocked when he says "well I'm happy with our side" and we end up getting fucked in midfield every game.

I disagree. Don't think it's in the team's or the fan's best interests to put everyone into panic mode.

Wilbur

Banned
No.

I'm sorry but that's fucking stupid.

He doesn't need to openly challenge the board and say "we need players Ed or we're gonna fucking die" but its better than hearing utter shit like "Oh I couldn't tell you if we're going to sign anyone, I have no way of knowing one way or the other, we'll press on and whatever will be will be"

It's just nonsense. What he says in public of course will be different than what he says in private. Do I believe we're not going to sign anyone? No. But he's just setting himself up as an absolute company man already and it won't do him much good with those that have already got their pitchforks out for him.

He doesn't need to openly challenge the board and say "we need players Ed or we're gonna fucking die" but its better than hearing utter shit like "Oh I couldn't tell you if we're going to sign anyone, I have no way of knowing one way or the other, we'll press on and whatever will be will be"

It's just nonsense. What he says in public of course will be different than what he says in private. Do I believe we're not going to sign anyone? No. But he's just setting himself up as an absolute company man already and it won't do him much good with those that have already got their pitchforks out for him.
If he's setting himself up as a company man, that's better than him criticising the board.

If you actually think him taking on the board at this stage is a good idea - you're nuts.

It shows more balls for him to take the responsibility on himself and come out with crap like that so our fans can cry about it and get on his back, than moaning like a bitch and blaming other people.

Sturridge out for the England games would be fantastic!

A bit disappointd for him tbh. From the Liverpool fan perspective, its nice for him to hav a fortnight off recuperating from this new thigh strain and exhausting run of matches. But on the other hand,England means a lot to him, and with Rooney out & his present form, this was a huge chance for him to make himself a starter at the World Cup

K1LLER7

Maybe he was going along the "what would Fergie do" mantra which everyone's holding him to.

What he said is bollocks. And everyone should know what he said doesn't mean shit. He said whatever he felt he had to.
He probably (I hope) gave the players a bollocking in the dressing room.

Wilbur

Banned
If he's setting himself up as a company man, that's better than him criticising the board.

If you actually think him taking on the board at this stage is a good idea - you're nuts.

It shows more balls for him to take the responsibility on himself and come out with crap like that so our fans can cry about it and get on his back, than moaning like a bitch and blaming other people.

He's not taking responsibility or going for the board. He's just being passive as fuck with his quotes. I would just like to hear him say "yes we'd like someone in, and we're working as hard as we can" instead of the cut and paste rubbish he's been spouting for the last week. Like what the fuck was his response about Bale on Monday, his sly little grin and whatnot, when five minutes later he says we didn't bid for Bale.

But whatever, we disagree.

Feorax

A bit disappointd for him tbh. From the Liverpool fan perspective, its nice for him to hav a fortnight off recuperating from this new thigh strain and exhausting run of matches. But on the other hand,England means a lot to him, and with Rooney out & his present form, this was a huge chance for him to make himself a starter at the World Cup

Regardless of whether he goes during this international break or not, he is, and probably has been for about 4 or 5 months now, THE in-form English striker.

I know Hodgey is quite stupid, but even he must be able to see that.

Clegg

Hmm looks like I was wrong and Kagawa actually is fit.

Moyes said he had a choice to make between Kagawa and Nani for the last bench spot. Of course that still doesn't explain why he chose Ashley fucking Young to start.

Yes. Stupid misspelling. :(

Last season it was easily Nordtveit but he lost his starting spot at Gladbach and has hardly played this season. So, I can't really name one. Elyounoussi and Elabdellaoui already played a few full 90 minutes but they didn't play all that well. I'd probably still go for Nordtveit.

Regardless of whether he goes during this international break or not, he is, and probably has been for about 4 or 5 months now, THE in-form English striker.

I know Hodgey is quite stupid, but even he must be able to see that.

Welbeck is getting the goals for England though while Sturridge waits on the bench :(

Hixx

Rumours that we have completed Borini on loan

Ji apparently on a flight to Germany. Good riddance, fucking coward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom