• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not taking responsibility or going for the board. He's just being passive as fuck with his quotes. I would just like to hear him say "yes we'd like someone in, and we're working as hard as we can" instead of the cut and paste rubbish he's been spouting for the last week. Like what the fuck was his response about Bale on Monday, his sly little grin and whatnot, when five minutes later he says we didn't bid for Bale.

But whatever, we disagree.
He said exactly what you've quoted there at least half a dozen times since he got the job.

What happened? Everyone moaned about it.

kharma45

Let's rate today's team

DDG - Little to do, can't blame him for the goal at al
Jones - Poor going forward as usual, OK in defense
Rio - Poor on the ball, made some good interceptions
Evra - Didn't do much either way.
Giggs - Waste of a position on the team
Cleverly - Shite. Physically weak, no vision, passed sideways too much
Carrick - Unusually poor in defense for him, weak on the ball, no control over the game
Young - please die
Welbeck - Didn't work as hard as usual, useless fuck in front of goal
RVP - Too hot headed in the first half, isolated and didn't have anything to do

Subs

Nani - Better than Young at least, but poor decision making will always frustrate
Valencia - Actually wasn't awful at RB, had some decent moments but still pretty shite overall
Chica - Not enough time to impress himself on the game, seemed fairly positive.

You quoted it!

I meant Moyes.

Blablurn

Last season it was easily Nordtveit but he lost his starting spot at Gladbach and has hardly played this season. So, I can't really name one. Elyounoussi and Elabdellaoui already played a few full 90 minutes but they didn't play all that well. I'd probably still go for Nordtveit.

are u optimistic about the game? Like Handicap 1:0 optimistic?

Moyes said he had a choice to make between Kagawa and Nani for the last bench spot. Of course that still doesn't explain why he chose Ashley fucking Young to start.

ibhsQhD4wJVWwf.gif

Clegg

What redeeming qualities do Ferguson, Moyes and Hodgson see in Ashley Young?

It can't be his first touch, it can't be has breathtaking pace because he has none, it can't be his free kicks because they're shit, it can't be his ability to beat a player because he doesn't.

GorillaJu

All that matters is the points, and keeping three clean sheets in a row is excellent, but saying we could be going places is calling it too early. We're still a club in transition and the poor results are going to find us eventually, without question. However, keeping this momentum going through the international break, especially after a win over United is certainly reason to feel good, if only for the moment.

How the hell did Soldado not score that

Wilbur

Banned
What redeeming qualities do Ferguson, Moyes and Hodgson see in Ashley Young?

It can't be his first touch, it can't be has breathtaking pace because he has none, it can't be his free kicks because they're shit, it can't be his ability to beat a player because he doesn't.

Ferguson and Moyes like him because he's English.

Hodgson likes him because he plays for Man United.

Ugh, the NBC livestreams are normally behind a little, but the Arsenal game seems nearly a full minute or more out of synch with real time. I can't read anything.

are u optimistic about the game? Like Handicap 1:0 optimistic?

Against Frankfurt?

Well yeah, we must win this if we want to challenge Pep. Frankfurt without Meier, Rode and Oczipka is definately beatable for us. But who knows, they played the match of their lives at home against us last season...

Edit: And Jung is still out, too. With all respect to Frankfurt, it would be embarassing to drop points today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom