• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it's deadline day when...

BTGUo7_IMAA_X3R.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
It's great, Steve Carrell plays an utterly unlikeable character, and Sam Rockwell is hilarious. The main kid is really good, too.

God it's just a wonderful little tale about a boy who's all alone and struggling with things. And he gets happier.

don't know why i liked it...

its like it was written for us arnold

Suen

Sociedad - Atletico game was a really good and entertaining game. Both teams looking good but Sociedad clearly looks tired and needs to recover from the CL games. Just read now that Agirretxe got injured, explains why he wasn't playing today for Sociedad as they used the same players they had against Lyon up front.

Uh Udinese scored. Horrible defending.

phaze

SPOILERS FOR TOO MANY GAMES DON'T CLICK (FOR PHASE'S EYES ONLY)

haha it's a spoiler for infinite but I tried to minimize the damage :(. I was mainly talking about the similarities between Alivn, Booker/Elizabeth and the time travel plot. The ending, in a way, was too similar too right?

Yup :)

FutbolBible: Mesut Özil has chosen to join Arsenal and has rejected a move to Paris Saint-Germain. Cadena SER

The central midfield is the least of our problems but at this point we can't be picky.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh my Gomez..........

Giroud is better than Gomez.

No, I'm not even kidding. And he's better than Higuain too.

hiroshawn

Banned
Anyone have any experience with sports betting? keep having dreams that predict results(I have to decipher the dream properly since they are not clear cut).

I had a dream of Ramsey and 5 before the Fernabache match. Ramsey scored twice and Arsenal won 5-0 on AGG.

I could have placed a few bets that would net me money.

1. Arsenal win
2. Ramsey will score
2A. could have bet that Ramsey will score 1-5 goals.

I will start betting on Bovada. Before will start watching matches of the two teams involved and take 50mg of Zinc to induce vivid dreams.

SO EXCITED.

fuenf

I'm starting to feel sorry for Ronaldo... this season could net up disastrous for him. Bale drawing attention away from him, losing Özil who basically passed him every ball. His stats could drop off big time.

I sense lots of drama at Real, can't wait :D

MPW

I'm starting to feel sorry for Ronaldo... this season could net up disastrous for him. Bale drawing attention away from him, losing Özil who basically passed him every ball. His stats could drop off big time.

I sense lots of drama at Real, can't wait :D

lol everyone knows cr7 is leaving next summer

bale is his replacement

Arnie

I really hope we have more deals lined up.

Ozil + a Serie b keeper isn't enough.

Cazorla fell on his shin.

He was in proper agony, I haven't seen anything like that recently. Had to have a heat blanket and stretchered off.
Jesus.

Are we talking broken leg territory? I was dead impressed with Capoue last week.

he's a fantastic player, but if it's 40 million, then arsenal are overpaying.

still, great addition to the team.

Ozil is one of the best AM in the world. With guys like Cavani going for 50% more, or unproven kids like Isco going to c. 30m, I think 40m is a good deal for Ozil. I am mad Utd is not making a run for him.

Can Moyes look past his ex-Everton players and chase world-class players?

bud

does this make kaka the most expensive flop in the history of football?

he cost 65m, he was let go for 0. he never was close to regaining his 2006/2007 form.

Suen

he's a fantastic player, but if it's 40 million, then arsenal are overpaying.

still, great addition to the team.
Arse-bros you don't realize what a great signing we've just done (if true). Just wait till he adapts to EPL and see how we suddenly start being much more lethal against our opponents. We'll def. create much more chances with him. I def. believe he's worth the price when you consider what everyone else costs these days.

Meier

Jesus.

Are we talking broken leg territory? I was dead impressed with Capoue last week.

I was thinking something like a broken ankle. If he'd broken his leg, with the agony he was in it would have been a compound fracture and we'd have seen the bone IMO. It looked pretty innocuous initially.

Ozil is one of the best AM in the world. With guys like Cavani going for 50% more, or unproven kids like Isco going to c. 30m, I think 40m is a good deal for Ozil. I am mad Utd is not making a run for him.

Isco and unproven don't belong in the same sentence.

jtb

Banned
Giroud will score 20 league goals this season, barring injury or Wenger doing something on the level of stupid as playing Gervinho up front. Regardless of reinforcements.

I feel pretty comfortable with the striker situation atm. Bring in Ba as cover, and we'll be set.

Ozil/Di Maria is the correct priority. Ozil is the better player imo, but Di Maria is in a position we're weaker in. So I'll take anything at this point, really.

Pachimari

BALE FICHADOOOOO HAHA!!! :D

And Kaká out the same day, this is a wonderful day! Though for free, weird.

Happy Di María is staying.

Suen

They should pay the full price for him in Jan before Mou gets any ideas.

CR7 straight swap for Lamela next year. :p
He was doing great the previous season as well, one of the biggest reasons to why Atletico kept a very good defensive record that season. They should have just bought him this summer, idiots.

Suen

HOLY SHIT AMAURI THAT HEADER! DOWN ON THE GROUND AND UP AGAINST THE CROSSBAR!! FUCK SO CLOSE TO GOAL!!!

edit: omg Di Natale is so fucking dangerous. Good save by Mirante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom