• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Wenger relied on RVP for an entire season. Never bet against Wenger's stubbornness.

Plus, for once I agree with Wenger. There's not much quality on the market, we're out of options.
I'd try and get someone on loan. I agree, there's no quality in the market but surely a loan deal from somewhere....

Lightning

Banned
Wenger relied on RVP for an entire season. Never bet against Wenger's stubbornness.

Plus, for once I agree with Wenger. There's not much quality on the market, we're out of options.
If we get Ozil then maybe our striker options are okay? Giroud with Walcott, Podolski and the rookie as back ups. Even Torres or Demba Ba may be a goer if we can snag Ozil.

After the start Giroud has had I think Wenger will be reluctant to buy someone that will permanently bench him.

Wilbur

Banned
I seriously thought Ancelotti could get the best out of Kaka again, shape him to be a great player again. Disappointed this didn't happen but wish him the best with Milan. Kaka had a bad start with Madrid, those injuries probably did their fair of shit to him and then he just slowly became less and less relevant for the team. His heart and passion does seem to be with Milan as well, can only wish him the best and to become a good player again.

No room for him anyway if Ronaldo - Isco - Bale are your starters, even if one of ADM or Ozil leaves you got dat Jese, dat Casemiro, dat Morata, dat Russian one Svia wants to suck. Silly to have someone on such high wages be a back up.

I do think you're a bit light up front to be honest. Four or five great players but then relying on youth after that.

Barzul

I think Arsene should go for Ba on loan, not ideal but better than just Giroud and Sanogo. Poldi is out for 10 weeks.

jtb

Banned
If we get Ozil then maybe our striker options are okay? Giroud with Walcott, Podolski and the rookie as back ups. Even Torres or Demba Ba may be a goer if we can snag Ozil.

After the start Giroud has had I think Wenger will be reluctant to buy someone that will permanently bench him.

I agree. Get a midfielder or two in (especially a wide option) and that frees up Walcott or Podolski to play up front, if need be. Ba would be a good move, I forgot about him. He's injury prone anyways, and Chelsea don't seem opposed to loaning out players to other PL clubs (Moses, Lukaku, etc.)

Meier

Why's Kaka a free transfer?

He's not the player he was before and his wages are fucking massive. Letting him go for free is the only way you can get rid of him.

Never even thought about Southampton getting paid due to sell on.

I don't think there's any sort of sell-on clause or we'd have heard more about it recently. They will get some sort of solidarity payment though if FM is anything to go by. Probably something like 1-3% of the transfer (which is still a nice little chunk of cash).

K1LLER7

WordOnThePitch
"Our sources saying Ozil heading to Manchester tonight. (#MUFC)"

Some random from twitter with 10k followers.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
And you guys nade fun of us for selling Villa. Buying for 40m and selling for 5m is shit but buying for 65m and giving away the player for free is even shittier.

Wilbur

Banned
Tottenham definitely have work to do with squad cohesion but

Seven in for money totalling £106.4m
Five sold for £108.6m
£2.2m profit

Levy will be fucking licking his own cock tonight

kharma45

Tottenham definitely have work to do with squad cohesion but

Seven in for money totalling £106.4m
Five sold for £108.6m
£2.2m profit

Levy will be fucking licking his own cock tonight

It's a fantastic bit of business for them. Might take a few weeks to gel but I can see them getting top four this year and in all seriousness challenging for the title next year.

They sold their 50% future fee clause a few years ago for about £2m.

Lol really? Fucking fail!

There was some law thrown around a few weeks back and I think it still entitles Southampton to something.

Lightning

Banned
I agree. Get a midfielder or two in (especially a wide option) and that frees up Walcott or Podolski to play up front, if need be. Ba would be a good move, I forgot about him. He's injury prone anyways, and Chelsea don't seem opposed to loaning out players to other PL clubs (Moses, Lukaku, etc.)
Chelsea loaned us Benayoun as well. They will do business with us for the right amount of money.

Arnie

Parents have been here for the weekend, just left.

God how fucking good was today. Are there any good gifs? Want some Rodgers/Django celebrations.

And if I could flick a switch and have Liverpool spend €45 million on Ozil I would. Some of you talk like bank managers not football fans. Especially considering the two sets of fans who're concerning themselves with him haven't yet seen their club spend a penny this summer.

Nobody gives a fuck about Varela.

Wilbur

Banned
Killer and Bacon, please compound my misery. After feeling shit all night and day, United then don't bother turning up at Anfield and now I get a season long avatar

do your worst

Wilbur

Banned
It's a fantastic bit of business for them. Might take a few weeks to gel but I can see them getting top four this year and in all seriousness challenging for the title next year.

Like Morsel and Bud were saying earlier, it may be the case Spurs have bought a bunch of good players instead of a bunch of good players that necessarily fit the team. Definitely need more time.

Parents have been here for the weekend, just left.

God how fucking good was today. Are there any good gifs? Want some Rodgers/Django celebrations.

And if I could flick a switch and have Liverpool spend €45 million on Ozil I would. Some of you talk like bank managers not football fans. Especially considering the two sets of fans who're concerning themselves with him haven't yet seen their club spend a penny this summer.

Nobody gives a fuck about Varela.

Yeah I don't give a fuck at this point, Herrera for 36m doesn't faze me in the slightest. I just want someone in, it isnt my fucken money.

All hail based new arteta

How was the film?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ronaldo already preparing welcome party for Bale
1230019_10151869364757164_1407109077_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom