• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Man that camera pan during the match to all our new signings being flanked by Kolo.

Exciting stuff tomorrow.

I've heard that Kolo is only going to be out for around 2 weeks as well.

FDC1

It's confirmed, Madrid has signed Batman, well worth the 100M

screen-shot-2013-09-01-at-21-30-21.png

Kaka sold for €67m, bought back 5 years later for 0€. I know it's not the same guy and everything, but that's pretty great.

Still, Honda would've been better. Going to play 5 a side now, hopefully everything will be better in an hour and a half.

Arnie

Yeah I don't give a fuck at this point, Herrera for 36m doesn't faze me in the slightest. I just want someone in, it isnt my fucken money.

All hail based new arteta

How was the film?

Although the Ozil link is a wee bit desperate considering we know for a fact you turned him down a week ago. But I suppose other signings haven't materialised and he's proven quality. He was fucking phenomenal at the World Cup in 2010.

Honestly the film was sublime. You have to see it. There's a little kid in it that looks like you, although he's got a lazy eye, so obviously gloss over that. YOU NEED TO WATCH THE FILM. Best thing I've seen at the cinema for a long time.

Suen

No room for him anyway if Ronaldo - Isco - Bale are your starters, even if one of ADM or Ozil leaves you got dat Jese, dat Casemiro, dat Morata, dat Russian one Svia wants to suck. Silly to have someone on such high wages be a back up.

I do think you're a bit light up front to be honest. Four or five great players but then relying on youth after that.
TYou make a very good point, as hard as it is to admit we're doing ourselves a favor getting rid of a person with such high wages who has no room anyway. It's just that I wanted him to really succeed. But yeah we're tightly packed in those positions. We are weak up front, at least when it comes to strikers. Benz is our only senior player and he's nothing special (sorry Turok). Jese and Morata, while showing some very promising play, are still young and far from having enough experience at the top level to be considered as good options for a strong attack. Honestly I think we will be depending mostly on Ronaldo and Bale now to do our scoring. Isco will be there to score as well and assist but with those players I don't see our FW playing his role in any big way. Btw Cheryshev has joined Sevilla on a loan so Sviatoslav will have to suck them. I don't see Di Maria or Özil staying though I wish they would, too much talent for them to be on the bench.

Courtois, that fucking save. Atletico has such a great GK.

Wilbur

Banned
Gonna be on ma phone though innit, checking the news and ting

Oh fuck yeah of course haha. I might go get my hair cut and go gym and get some nice endorphins floating around so I can prepare myself for the disappointment.

Can't believe there's a two week break for club football now, I'm genuinely sad.

MPW

Kaka sold for €67m, bought back 5 years later for 0€. I know it's not the same guy and everything, but that's pretty great.

Still, Honda would've been better. Going to play 5 a side now, hopefully everything will be better in an hour and a half.

4 years later but yeah milan hit the jackpot with kaka transfer

Arnie

Man that camera pan during the match to all our new signings being flanked by Kolo.

Exciting stuff tomorrow.

I've heard that Kolo is only going to be out for around 2 weeks as well.

Haha that picture of him ready to run on in his suit had me grinning like a cat by a fire.

jtb

Banned
Although the Ozil link is a wee bit desperate considering we know for a fact you turned him down a week ago. But I suppose other signings haven't materialised and he's proven quality. He was fucking phenomenal at the World Cup in 2010.

Honestly the film was sublime. You have to see it. There's a little kid in it that looks like you, although he's got a lazy eye, so obviously gloss over that. YOU NEED TO WATCH THE FILM. Best thing I've seen at the cinema for a long time.

You should check out The Spectacular Now. It's like The Way Way Back except it's actually good.

cremino

You still need a CM and CB

Wilbur

Banned
Courtois is absolutely amazing. Top 5 keepers in the world, easy.

Yeah it looks like something I'd like, they wrote the Descendants as well and I loved that (plus the Dean from Community plus Steve Carell plus Sam Rockwell hnngg)

:lol, lazy eye. I've got quite a prominent twitch in one of my eyes actually when I'm stressed. This August has made it go fucking loco.

Carbonox

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

EA Sports just posted a video with the unveiling of Bale in a Real Madrid kit in FIFA 14.

Cover change incoming, surely.

Seriously the thread in OT is getting dumber and dumber by the minute.

Why do you have to give your name to buy tickets to a sporting event?

I guess I can understand if you're buying them online but what if you go to the box office and pay in cash?

You need to give your name, which team your a fan of (wtf?), and based on these factors are assigned only to a designated area of the stadium?

Wow.

OMG YOU SEPERATE FOOTBALL FANS. DISGRACEFUL.

flippedb

Banned

Honda will come as well. Never underestimate Golden Tie.

Showaddy

Bale Statement

"I have had six very happy years at Tottenham but it's the right time to say goodbye. We've had some special times together over the years and I've loved every minute of it.

“I would like to thank everyone at the Club, the Chairman, Board, staff, coaches and players – and most of all the fantastic fans who I hope will understand this amazing career opportunity.

“I am not sure there is ever a good time to leave a club where I felt settled and was playing the best football of my career to date. I know many players talk of their desire to join the club of their boyhood dreams, but I can honestly say, this is my dream come true.

“I am well aware that I would not be at the level I am today were it not for firstly Southampton and then Spurs standing by me during some of the tougher times and affording me the environment and support they have.

“Tottenham will always be in my heart and I’m sure that this season will be a successful one for them. I am now looking forward to the next exciting chapter in my life, playing football for Real Madrid."

Bye, Bye Bale. I'll never forget that night at White Hart Lane watching him wreck Maicon, wish he could have stayed longer.

718.gif

Arnie

You should check out The Spectacular Now. It's like The Way Way Back except it's actually good.
Aren't you the one who doesn't like The Dark Knight?

Your taste in films is clearly warped.
Fox Soccer is saying that Capoue was taken straight to hospital.

I hope he is okay :(
What happened to him?
Yeah it looks like something I'd like, they wrote the Descendants as well and I loved that (plus the Dean from Community plus Steve Carell plus Sam Rockwell hnngg)

:lol, lazy eye. I've got quite a prominent twitch in one of my eyes actually when I'm stressed. This August has made it go fucking loco.

It's great, Steve Carrell plays an utterly unlikeable character, and Sam Rockwell is hilarious. The main kid is really good, too.

God it's just a wonderful little tale about a boy who's all alone and struggling with things. And he gets happier.

don't know why i liked it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom