• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
I'd like to see

--------------- Soldado ----------------
Lamela ---- Eriksen ---- Chadli/Lennon
------- Sandro --- Paulinho --------

Oh fuck. Poor ol' Capoue. :-/

Damn, that's like a completely new attacking force for the second season in a row.

Man, Chadli was crap today. So was Paulinho and Soldado too but Chadli was awful.

Giroud is gonna get 30 goals this season at this rate but I still want us to sign some cover up front.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd like to see

I'd definitely rather have Lennon than Chadli. The latter seems solid enough, strong and fast and does a good job tracking back but there's no end product yet. Good bench option though.

This Ozil move is a game changer for me. I think I'm gonna be on board with Arsenal this season.

Good stuff. At times they play absolutely mesmerising football. Other times they're hilariously bad to watch.

There is no in between with Arsenal.

u will have the time of ur lyf

Salvadora

I think you give Koscielny too much stick, Wilbur.

He is prone to the odd moment of madness, but generally he plays very well. Our stats show that.
This Ozil move is a game changer for me. I think I'm gonna be on board with Arsenal this season.
Welcome! I hope we don't let you down.

Add him to the list, Lambda.

Showaddy

I'd like to see

Yep really unfortunate. There goes our depth at defensive midfielder as well, Sandro was supposed to be eased back in playing the Europa games, now he'll have to play 2 games a week and if he get's injured...

On Lamela, he's left footed but he always plays on the right apparently so I have no idea how he'll work with Lennon.

Someone explain to me why I'm still watching Hell's Kitchen even though it stopped being good after 3-4 seasons.

everyone, come here. taste this Wellington Suen cooked. it tastes LIKE SHIT CAUSE IT'S RAW!!!, IT'S RAW, SUEN, YOU FUCKIN IDIOT, PISS OFF!

ShogunX

I made my point pretty badly. I just don't see how we can keep Agger, Sakho, Toure and Skrtel all happy. I'm making assumptions about Sakho but all of those players are good enough to be starting week in week out for us. I hope we can accommodate all four but have a bad feeling we will see Skrtel sold tomorrow to somebody like Napoli.

LTWheels

250px-Finalday.png

PaulLFC

So Liverpool scoring 1 goal and then getting outplayed for the majority of the match = Manchester United got slapped about?
"Outplayed" :lol

We basically sat off for the second half and let you have all the possession, with which you created fuck all. You didn't outplay anyone.

Linius

Man, Chadli was crap today. So was Paulinho and Soldado too but Chadli was awful.

Giroud is gonna get 30 goals this season at this rate but I still want us to sign some cover up front.

I was surprised the guy is a starter for Spurs. I mean he played some nice football over here but he was never exceptional or anything. That Twente fan will probably tell you otherwise but oh well.

Showaddy

I don't think Soldado was bad but he scores all his goals from within the box, Spurs gave him almost nothing to work with today.

Wilbur

Banned
I think you give Koscielny too much stick, Wilbur.

He is prone to the odd moment of madness, but generally he plays very well. Our stats show that.

Haha I meant more squad depth. Per, Kos and then a constantly injured (and constantly shit) Verm and Sagna. If one of your main choice CBs is out for an extended period of time I'd fear for you.

I think Koscielny has all the qualities to be excellent. He's strong, he's fast, he generally reads the game quite well and senses danger, but I just think he's utterly reckless when making challenges and in sensing danger, often just goes for the ball through a player.

Maybe its because I'm used to Rio who tackles as cleanly as I remember seeing anyone do it, but even Vidic has this reputation as a tough beastly defender and his timing is largely impeccable. Koscielny doesn't really have that. He's good at intercepting the ball like I say, but when he's taking the ball off someone I think he's very rash.

jtb

Banned
Koscielny is a good defender. If he wasn't, we wouldn't have had the 2nd best defensive record last season.

Now Vermaelen on the other hand... he's lucky he's been injured all window, because he really should have been the first one out the door after last season.

Scum

I'd definitely rather have Lennon than Chadli. The latter seems solid enough, strong and fast and does a good job tracking back but there's no end product yet. Good bench option though.

Good stuff. At times they play absolutely mesmerising football. Other times they're hilariously bad to watch.

There is no in between with Arsenal.

u will have the time of ur lyf
That's true. Lennon ahead of Chadli would be better.

Yep really unfortunate. There goes our depth at defensive midfielder as well, Sandro was supposed to be eased back in playing the Europa games, now he'll have to play 2 games a week and if he get's injured...

On Lamela, he's left footed but he always plays on the right apparently so I have no idea how he'll work with Lennon.
Only one way to find out...

Wilbur

Banned
I made my point pretty badly. I just don't see how we can keep Agger, Sakho, Toure and Skrtel all happy. I'm making assumptions about Sakho but all of those players are good enough to be starting week in week out for us. I hope we can accommodate all four but have a bad feeling we will see Skrtel sold tomorrow to somebody like Napoli.

I think Toure will be happy being a bigger part of the squad in general to be honest. I don't think when he signed he would have expected to be starting every week and its only because it took you guys so long to bring someone else in that he has been. He was fifth choice at City last year at some point, if he's second/third choice then I think he'll be happy with that, there'll be plenty of opportunity across the whole season.

Rodgers doesn't seem to be a fan of Skrtel. He was fantastic today, but he was fantastic when Liverpool didn't have the ball for the majority of the second half and the impetus was on clearing the ball quickly and strongly. When Liverpool dominate possession, as I'm sure B-Rod will want them to do for the majority of the time, Skrtel's pretty useless. He's not too good at bringing the ball out, he's not too good on the ball, he's not too fast so when a team like Villa play the ball in behind your defence I can't see him doing too much to stop whatever imminent danger is coming.

I think you'll be fine if I'm being honest. Everyone will get a chance to show what they can do, Sakho wouldn't be signing if he wasn't going to play.

Salvadora

Haha I meant more squad depth. Per, Kos and then a constantly injured (and constantly shit) Verm and Sagna. If one of your main choice CBs is out for an extended period of time I'd fear for you.

I think Koscielny has all the qualities to be excellent. He's strong, he's fast, he generally reads the game quite well and senses danger, but I just think he's utterly reckless when making challenges and in sensing danger, often just goes for the ball through a player.

Maybe its because I'm used to Rio who tackles as cleanly as I remember seeing anyone do it, but even Vidic has this reputation as a tough beastly defender and his timing is largely impeccable. Koscielny doesn't really have that. He's good at intercepting the ball like I say, but when he's taking the ball off someone I think he's very rash.
Yeah he's fucking mental at times. That gif I usually post is usually ironic :p. If Mertesacker had a bit of speed about him he would be top class.

I think Arsenal's defence gets a lot of stick because the goals we tend to concede are generally such a mess, so much so that you wonder how they are professional footballers.

doicare

Wow you bitch more than RvP does. Utd lost get over it, We know better than most about how great it is winning the stats but until they start handing out points for how many headers, tackles and how much possession you have then the only thing that matters is winning.
So why even bother talking about football at all then, one person should just post the final score for each game when it's finished and that's it.
"Outplayed" :lol

We basically sat off for the second half and let you have all the possession, with which you created fuck all. You didn't outplay anyone.
Lol sure like Liverpool had a say in United dominating possesion, they just 'let' United have the ball, okay. *Double Thumbs Up*

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah he's fucking mental at times. That gif I usually post is usually ironic :p. If Mertesacker had a bit of speed about him he would be top class.

I think Arsenal's defence gets a lot of stick because the goals we tend to concede are generally such a mess, so much so that you wonder how they are professional footballers.

Yeah, Mertesacker's brain with Koscielny's physical abilities would make a pretty fucking good defender.

Showaddy

That's true. Lennon ahead of Chadli would be better.

Only one way to find out...

Well AVB loves his inverted wingers so it would surprise me if he kept Lamela there and put Lennon on the left.

Also not to sound like a fair weather fan but we really need to drop Townsend until he realises he's not Bale and he's not going to win the game by cutting onto his left and shooting every 5 minutes.

He can do the basics of wing play well enough so why doesn't he just do them? Maybe playing him on the left as well will mean he can't cut on his left foot and go for glory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom