• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

doicare

Had more shots than you. Possession stat is just about how long it takes your old ass midfielders to get rid of it.
Lol managed 1 more shot = getting slapped about lol sure. And if you ignore possession, corners, passing accuracy and headers won then you can make believe Liverpool deserved to win. Good plan, makes everybody feel much better about themselves.

Randdalf

Telegraph have just put up an article saying that our main targets are Ozil, Di Maria & Hernandez.

It's going to be a long 24 hours.

Mata is never going to play again by the looks of things, so the comparisons may be coming to an end.

He's a little magician. Silva doesn't go it for me.

You should go for Mata as well then

Lol managed 1 more shot = getting slapped about lol sure. And if you ignore possession, corners, passing accuracy and headers won then you can make believe Liverpool deserved to win. Good plan, makes everybody feel much better about themselves.

You won more headers because Liverpool crossed it so much. They were direct, lethal and you were scared yet again, like how you were standing back afraid to attack Chelsea at your own stadium. Moyes bringing the pussy football to United.

Wilbur

Banned
Mata is never going to play again by the looks of things, so the comparisons may be coming to an end.

He's a little magician. Silva doesn't go it for me.

Mickey Cox said his fave players to watch were Ozil, Cazorla, Valbuena and Kroos so two of them together would make his dick explode*

*i may be paraphrasing

Suen

Someone should make a gif of Wenger sucking in Özil (in his Madrid shirt) and shitting him out wearing an Arsenal shirt.

Scum

Walker and Dawson were fucking guff all game. Kaboul needs to start again. Vertonghen was pretty good, Rose was there but didn't do anything.

Real problem for Spurs isn't Soldado because he can absolutely do the business, but its the players around him. Today he had Chadli who seems decent but not dangerous, Townsend who is the most selfish little shite I've seen for quite a while, then three very similar midfielders who are more concerned with ball retention and playing it to the wings rather than pushing forward.

Dembele, as much as I love him, has started the season pretty poorly, and Paulinho even more so. One of them needs to be dropped and Eriksen needs to come in ASAP. He and Lamela will improve the team tenfold if they actually get their chance, because Spurs' midfield is far too functional at the moment. Great players, don't work together.

I hope AVB sees this. Wish we'd gone in for Sakho. Like you say though, midfield needs to be decided upon. Hopefully we see Eriksen, Paulinho and Lamela start.

FootballFan

Too bad for you people go to check LiveScore.com not LivePossession.com

You are starting to sound like Mourinho with those excuses.

doicare

You won more headers because Liverpool crossed it so much. They were direct, lethal and you were scared yet again, like how you were standing back afraid to attack Chelsea at your own stadium. Moyes bringing the pussy football to United.
United had more crosses, and United won more headers because Liverpool were just hitting long balls and hoping for the best and getting out classed in the air during the second half.

Wilbur

Banned
Too bad for you people go to check LiveScore.com not LivePossession.com

You are starting to sound like Mourinho with those excuses.

Campus-Xavi-gif-fc-barcelona-23704573-500-200.gif

United had more crosses, and United won more headers because Liverpool were just hitting long balls and hoping for the best and getting out classed in the air during the second half.

Do you want to see the stat that matters the most though?

Goals :
Liverpool 1
Manchester United 0

Clegg

Even if we get Fellaini I'd still see our transfer window as a failure. We should have gotten him in much sooner and he still doesn't address all the problems we have in midfield. He'd make us more solid in midfield and he offers a goal threat but he isn't the sort of creative player which we need desperately. Can only hope we sign Herrera or someone of his ilk.

And how funny would it be if we sign Fellaini and then give him more game time as a number 10 than we give Shinji?

jtb

Banned
now murmurings that we're open to a season-long loan? Fuck that. Ozil is in his prime, if we're moving for him, we should go all in for him. Anyways, a loan wouldn't really help anyone. Madrid could probably use the cash ASAP and clear the wages, and we need long term additions to the team, not just stopgap solutions. Not to mention, Ozil is way too good to just be a stopgap.

ShogunX

What the fuck do we do with Martin Skrtel after he's just had Robin ''Fucking Prick'' Van Persie in his pocket all afternoon?

Hope he stays but it makes no sense to have all of these CB's.

Wilbur

Banned
What the fuck do we do with Martin Skrtel after he's just had Robin ''Fucking Prick'' Van Persie in his pocket all afternoon?

Toure won't play as much which is good because he's 32, Skrtel will be rotated, Sakho will be eased in, Agger will be the constant. Ilori will spend a season playing U21 games until Skrtel's sold. Coates will go. Kelly will become king of the world.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm excited for tomorrow. Anyone Villa bring in will be a bonus.

Sky Midlands reporter said we were looking at an attacking midfielder but would only go in for him if money was right, which likely means making sure the following happens:

Given goes to Liverpool on loan
Bannan goes to Palace or Malaga
Ireland goes to Midesborough
Albrighton goes on loan
Hutton goes anywhere

K1LLER7

HERRERA WOOAAHHH HERRERA WOOOAAAHHH. HE CAME FROM SUNNY SPAIN, TO CURE OUR MIDFIELD PAINS.

Sign him up Woodward pls :'(

doicare

Even if we get Fellaini I'd still see our transfer window as a failure. We should have gotten him in much sooner and he still doesn't address all the problems we have in midfield. He'd make us more solid in midfield and he offers a goal threat but he isn't the sort of creative player which we need desperately. Can only hope we sign Herrera or someone of his ilk.

And how funny would it be if we sign Fellaini and then give him more game time as a number 10 than we give Shinji?
Whilst another creator would be ideal as well, we already have Rooney for that job. If we get the players we're supposed to and everybody's back fit we'll have creativity from Rooney, Nani, Baines, Rafael and Carrick.

ShogunX

Toure won't play as much which is good because he's 32, Skrtel will be rotated, Sakho will be eased in, Agger will be the constant. Ilori will spend a season playing U21 games until Skrtel's sold. Coates will go. Kelly will become king of the world.

I'm not sure I could accept a man as my King with hair like this -

tumblr_mml2voij6O1qgmyluo1_500.jpg

Makes sense about the rotating but how many clubs have four very good - good (assuming Sakho is good) CB's at their club?

RvP is such a petulant bitch when things aren't going his way. Moaned his way through the match.

rodvik

We need an extra one but we wont get one, because our manager collects strikers like my daughter collects barbies.

Showaddy

I hope AVB sees this. Wish we'd gone in for Sakho. Like you say though, midfield needs to be decided upon. Hopefully we see Eriksen, Paulinho and Lamela start.

Eriksen & Lamela are guaranteed to start, AVB never wanted to play with 3 holding midfielder's but Eriksen's been here like 2 days and Holtby's still returning from injury and played a full 90 on Thursday. Not sure whether Dembele or Paulinho will start with Sandro but they can't play together, they're both trying to do the same job and they just end up in each others way.

BTW word on Capoue is that it's a a clean break which is both good and bad. He'll be out for a couple of months but it's not a season ending ligament injury.

Suen

Someone explain to me why I'm still watching Hell's Kitchen even though it stopped being good after 3-4 seasons.

jtb

Banned
so what's happening with Sigurdsson? Is he staying with Spurs for another season despite all the new competition?

I didn't rate him last season and I don't rate him now.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not sure I could accept a man as my King with hair like this -

http://31.media.tumblr.com/3a451334efd31167de3c502831cfd689/tumblr_mml2voij6O1qgmyluo1_500.jpg[/IG]

Makes sense about the rotating but how many clubs have four very good - good (assuming Sakho is good) CB's at their club?

RvP is such a petulant bitch when things aren't going his way. Moaned his way through the match.[/QUOTE]

We gots Rio, Vidic, Smalling, Evans and Jones. Spurs have Dawson, Kaboul, Vertonghen and Chiriches. Chelsea got Cahill, Luiz, Terry and of course Ivan can play there. City have Kompany, Lescott, Nasta, Richards (when fit) and now Demichelis. Arsenal got

Anyway, the numbers are good. You can't rely on any of your existing CBs for a whole season, they've all had their fair share of injury problems so bringing in two more isn't that big a problem I think. Ilori will be bedded in over the year, Sakho will share duties with Toure. As good as Skrtel was today, he doesn't fit what Brendan likes building from the back.

Scum

Eriksen & Lamela are guaranteed to start, AVB never wanted to play with 3 holding midfielder's but Eriksen's been here like 2 days and Holtby's still returning from injury and played a full 90 on Thursday. Not sure whether Dembele or Paulinho will start with Sandro but they can't play together, they're both trying to do the same job and they just end up in each others way.

BTW word on Capoue is that it's a a clean break which is both good and bad. He'll be out for a couple of months but it's not a season ending ligament injury.

I'd like to see

--------------- Soldado ----------------
Lamela ---- Eriksen ---- Chadli/Lennon
------- Sandro --- Paulinho --------

Oh fuck. Poor ol' Capoue. :-/

ShogunX

You're allowed to talk to dogs? What about that restraining order you have?

Wow you bitch more than RvP does. Utd lost get over it, We know better than most about how great it is winning the stats but until they start handing out points for how many headers, tackles and how much possession you have then the only thing that matters is winning.

Showaddy

so what's happening with Sigurdsson? Is he staying with Spurs for another season despite all the new competition?

I didn't rate him last season and I don't rate him now.

You'd think he'd get a loan somewhere but there's been no serious rumours so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom