• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Because one eye's on the article and the other's on my bulging penis.

Sturridge and Splenda injured. Moses looked like he'd rather be masturbating in a cloakroom. The wrath of Hodgson incurred.

The only way is down, Arnold. Prepare for it.

Yeah, I don't feel like we'll drop points to the so called 'lesser' sides like WBA, Sunderland or Manchester United.

678.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That was, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the most creatively bankrupt performances I have ever seen United put it, no game has more emphasised a need for creating talent to be brought in. Unfortunately the people in charge of bring in our talent are amateurs. Giggs is a player coach and if he was solely a coach and was coaching himself under another name I cannot imagine he would be happy playing him, Cleverly can only pass sideways, Jones offers no threat going forward and is easily run out by pacier players, Wellbeck has so few natural instincts to shoot and Young, no words.

And no players coming in ::(

PaulLFC

Sturridge and Splenda injured. Moses looked like he'd rather be masturbating in a cloakroom. The wrath of Hodgson incurred.

The only way is down, Arnold. Prepare for it.
This has just reminded me of the "Hodgson incident" again :lol

Laughable that it's even considered worthy of committing words to paper on a day where there were two derbies in the league and less than 2 days left in the transfer window.

United were just as creative as Liverpool were in that game and yep Liverpool fans are a good source of humour :)
You could be the most creative side on the planet but you didn't win. :D Creative losing, is that what you prefer now? How times have changed, the United I remember wanted to win things.

I think a fair price would've been 20-30m. Arsenal would have to be shitting themselves in fear to pay that much.

Agreed with the price. It's clear that Arsenal isn't able to sign the top top talents in Europe in the last few years. Wenger wanted Götze really bad, so I guess he went in with all he had on Özil. Way too much, though, someone at Madrid is laughing his ass off while paying twice as much for Bale :lol

Wilbur

Banned
LFC and MUFC fights are the best. Keep it going guys.

Nah, Liverpool - Arsenal fights are much better. Ours is mostly concerned with 'United are better than Liverpool' and 'not too long until Liverpool are better than United'.

Arsepool arguments revolve around which team is shitter, and its hilarious.

Arnie

It's a shame we have to wait two weeks to see how United respond to today's slapping.

I suspect they'll be dazed and turgid. Van Persie in particular looked out of sorts, perhaps this is it for him.

Best

I don't know why Liverpool fans are so happy, they've looked flat these first 3 games and were barely worth the 3 points today.

There's been a complete lack of quality in the league so far.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't believe RVP missed that chance in the last few minutes ;_;

This has just reminded me of the "Hodgson incident" again :lol

Laughable that it's even considered worthy of committing words to paper on a day where there were two derbies in the league and less than 2 days left in the transfer window.

I read the Guardian article and didn't even understand what he was pissed off about. He was refused in because he didn't have the right ticket, so he went to sit in the spot that all England managers sit in and moaned about it?

Fucking berk. God I hope we get tonked in Kiev and it ushers in a golden age of Welbeck clones.

Deadline day dream signings:

Caesar, Ozil, Ba & Di Maria.

Anyone elses predictions/hopes?

Seems like you're getting Viviano so I'd rule Cesar out.

My hopes:

In
Herrera
Fellaini
Di Maria

Out
Young
Giggs

both to a slaughterhouse would be nice

My predictions:

In
Fellaini

Out
my soul

Eden Hazard, Mario Gotze, Asier Illarramendi, Javi Martinez all went for around the €40m mark, and Mesut Ozil is arguably more established than all of those.

I think Arsenal have paid €7.5m or so over the odds, but I'm not really surprised about the price.

2 years ago, that rumored fee would have been absolutely justifiable for Özil. But at this point, it doesn't look like he can improve on his inconsistency. And thus, he's not in the same league as Hazard, Götze (lol), etc anymore, to me at least.

PaulLFC

I don't know why Liverpool fans are so happy, they've looked flat these first 3 games and were barely worth the 3 points today.

I wouldn't care if we turned in 38 of the shittest performances I've seen over 90 minutes if we won every game. The result is all that matters, yes winning by a few goals or with attractive football is preferable but the table is based on points from results and those are what counts.

The difference is last season we'd have thrown away these leads and let teams back into the game, so far this season we haven't done that, and that's fine by me.

Linius

Nah, Liverpool - Arsenal fights are much better. Ours is mostly concerned with 'United are better than Liverpool' and 'not too long until Liverpool are better than United'.

Arsepool arguments revolve around which team is shitter, and its hilarious.

EPL fans in general trolling each other is fun to watch for neutrals. I can sympathize with most of your clubs tbh.

It's cos both sides have the thickest of skins, not like those twitchy Madrid fans. Once you make fun of their club they get banned.

Poor Plug

Wilbur

Banned

Serie A's where its at now bro.

To be honest, a fair few of the games I've watched have had some quality passages of play but I think the level of defending's raised a tad and the quality of a lot of the mid table sides have all improved so their games become stalemates. Players like Lovren and Bassong were very good yesterday, the four centre backs in the Liverpool - United game were pretty faultless, its only Garcia and Lescott (and the newcastle back four opening day lol) that have been utterly embarrassed so far.

Like a lot of us say though we don't have the best quality, but we're generally the most entertaining. This week was an anomaly #believe.

Serie A tho trust. It's gonna be great this year

Fry

Man Utd 12-13 season in a nutshell.

omgkitty

Deadline day dream signings:

Caesar, Ozil, Ba & Di Maria.

Anyone elses predictions/hopes?

Ozil, Di Maria, Ba (or Hernandez, just a fucking striker please) and a CB. Really would like to see Ginter come in or someone like Kurt Zouma. Young CB who can do us good but doesn't need to play every game. Really think we'll be fucked if we don't. We have terrible luck keeping our defense fit.

Wilbur

Banned
I can see:

* Arsenal going loco, making a few big bids and bringing in two or three 8-10m players that improve the squad
* United doing nothing until half 8 at night when Fellaini's confirmed
* Newcastle bringing in an eleven year old French left back
* West Ham bringing in an aging eastern European striker
* Sunderland signing thirteen impoverished youths to provide cover for Colback

Btw I feel bad for not liking Man Shitty with their sheikh. Dan and Meier are such awesome posters.

no they arent they support man shitty lol xoxo

rodvik

I read the Guardian article and didn't even understand what he was pissed off about. He was refused in because he didn't have the right ticket, so he went to sit in the spot that all England managers sit in and moaned about it?

Fucking berk. God I hope we get tonked in Kiev and it ushers in a golden age of Welbeck clones.

Say what you like about Liverpool fans, they had that clown pegged.

Salvadora

More Gerrard loveliness:
ixYhMjAtgLYIh.gif

Ozil, Di Maria, Ba (or Hernandez, just a fucking striker please) and a CB. Really would like to see Ginter come in or someone like Kurt Zouma. Young CB who can do us good but doesn't need to play every game. Really think we'll be fucked if we don't. We have terrible luck keeping our defense fit.
I'm dreading Vermaelen becoming fit because then we'll have to play him sometimes. Sagna as a makeshift CB frightens me.

ringwaldhaze

Neo Member
2 years ago, that rumored fee would have been absolutely justifiable for Özil. But at this point, it doesn't look like he can improve on his inconsistency. And thus, he's not in the same league as Hazard, Götze (lol), etc anymore, to me at least.

Real Madrid are pretty low on clubs I like to watch so I don't see much of Ozil. I've read some incredible statistics (something like 81 assists in 151 appearances for Madrid) which will likely be lowered since he'll be playing it into Walcott and not Ronaldo now.

I'm a bit of an Wenger-apologist and it wouldn't surprise me to see him reach his peak over the next years before another big move when he's 27/28. The market by this point will no doubt be even more messed up. If it was up to me, I'd prefer to see the money spent on Draxler who could play on the left while Cazorla continues to play down the middle.

FootballFan

Serie A's where its at now bro.

To be honest, a fair few of the games I've watched have had some quality passages of play but I think the level of defending's raised a tad and the quality of a lot of the mid table sides have all improved so their games become stalemates. Players like Lovren and Bassong were very good yesterday, the four centre backs in the Liverpool - United game were pretty faultless, its only Garcia and Lescott (and the newcastle back four opening day lol) that have been utterly embarrassed so far.

Like a lot of us say though we don't have the best quality, but we're generally the most entertaining. This week was an anomaly #believe.

Serie A tho trust. It's gonna be great this year

Serie A is awesome but even that is also a 1 horse race, don't know if race is the right word since you can't race yourself but you get what I mean.

Something crazy would have to happen for one of the other teams to win.

edit
Still doesn't change the fact that there are many many entertaining matches.

Clegg

Real Madrid are pretty low on clubs I like to watch so I don't see much of Ozil. I've read some incredible statistics (something like 81 assists in 151 appearances for Madrid) which will likely be lowered since he'll be playing it into Walcott and not Ronaldo now.

I'm a bit of an Wenger-apologist and it wouldn't surprise me to see him reach his peak over the next years before another big move when he's 27/28. The market by this point will no doubt be Ben more messed up. If it was up to me, I'd prefer to see the money spent on Draxler who could play on the left while Carzola continues to play down the middle.

Draxler has turned down City and Madrid. You'd be wasting your time if you bid for him.

Wilbur

Banned
Serie A is awesome but even that is also a 1 horse race, don't know if race is the right word since you can't race yourself but you get what I mean.

Something crazy would have to happen for one of the other teams to win.

Oh yeah I agree, but there's a good quality of teams around in it. Fiorentina, Milan, Napoli and Roma are almost always worth watching. Inter will be stronger this year, Lazio and Udinese are always about as well.

I think in the PL you get the 6 teams that are considered the best ones but then you have Swansea, Everton, Southampton; teams that are pretty good to watch also.

All the leagues have around 8-10 teams worth watching on a consistent basis really; personally I prefer PL and Serie A, but even so La Liga has the big two, Atleti, Bilbao, Sociedad, Valencia, Sevilla, Malaga. And Bundes has Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Hannover, Schalke, Hamburg who are always good for a laugh...

All the leagues are simultaneously under and overrated.

FootballFan

Oh yeah I agree, but there's a good quality of teams around in it. Fiorentina, Milan, Napoli and Roma are almost always worth watching. Inter will be stronger this year, Lazio and Udinese are always about as well.

I think in the PL you get the 6 teams that are considered the best ones but then you have Swansea, Everton, Southampton; teams that are pretty good to watch also.

All the leagues have around 8-10 teams worth watching on a consistent basis really; personally I prefer PL and Serie A, but even so La Liga has the big two, Atleti, Bilbao, Sociedad, Valencia, Sevilla, Malaga. And Bundes has Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Hannover, Schalke, Hamburg who are always good for a laugh...

All the leagues are simultaneously under and overrated.

You missed my edit! But I agree with everything you said, you just forgot Stuttgart, you won't forget them when Marco 'Kiwi Messi' Rojas is back from his injury.

Yeah, but I just feel bad for hating their club. It's easier to trash talk if the City fans were shit posters :p

I just try to make it about the players and less about the fans.

I get what you mean though, if I say some shit talk about Barca I'd be a but worried if you, FF or Messi get annoyed or take it personally.

ringwaldhaze

Neo Member
Draxler has turned down City and Madrid. You'd be wasting your time if you bid for him.

It's more of a dream signing than anything. After Klopp, Draxler would be my most wanted German at the club.

The original Twitter rumours today were actually a £40m bid for Draxler, with some quotes from him about if Schalke wanted to sell him he'd be prepared to leave.

Cazorla can play out wide. We need him.

I think he's vastly better in the middle, though. Similarly, I prefer seeing Wilshire playing deeper/as more of a box-to-box player than a no. 10 like everyone seems to want.

doicare

You could be the most creative side on the planet but you didn't win. :D Creative losing, is that what you prefer now? How times have changed, the United I remember wanted to win things.
I'm talking about why the result happened, not what the result is. See you at the end of the season when United have either won the league or at least come close whilst Liverpool fail miserably to even make the top 4 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom