• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
tumblr_msq0t6bcR51r1fq7do1_400.gif

Honest to god, I have an erection

rodvik

Poland drawing Montenegro effectively seals the group for England. No one's gonna stop Welbz now.

Thank gawd. Now we wont have to listen to all the "oh no, those dirty furriners in the premier league are ruining our english players" bollocks for at least a year or two.

Kenka

What's wrong? <3
The score. That is what's wrong.
I'm not even kidding when I say I liked the national team much more when we were shit a few years ago. The team traveling to like Iceland, you knew it would be a fucking horrible game and you didn't even expect them to win. Still, you watched the full 90 minutes because you were hoping for a win. Matches actually mattered. Qualifying for the WC/Euro was tough and you were actually afraid Germany could miss it. You were happy for every point, for every winning goal that Ballack scored. You were mad after every 0-0 in which the team was doing absolutely nothing at all, after every major fuck up that lead to a goal for the other team. That's football romance.

Today, you expect them to win every qualifier match and they do most of the time. They score a few goals and win, There's nothing exciting about it all.
My man. My hero.

That's also when I liked the German team the most. Newcomers were welcomed with open arms (Frings, Klose, Rau, even fucking Dogan) because the pool of talents was dry, the Bundesliga was laughed at everyday of the year and matches were tense. In the mean time, the players had to deal with confidence issues, had to strengthen bonds to evolve better on the pitch, and were really trying their best although they were technically vastly inferior. What a time that was.

Although, it's precisely during this period between 1998 and 2000 that I wept the most for German teams. True love can hurt so much.

Clegg

He's very... Rooney. But not quite as electric as Roon was when he was that age.

We need a young player like that in our squad. Adnan has the potential but is much more languid in his style. He's also the only real outstanding prospect we have in our squad. 9 years ago we had a young Rooney and Ronaldo in our squad. It's good to have talented youngsters in there.

I also have a feeling that Barkley won't be as big a bastard as Rooney.

Wilbur

Banned
We need a young player like that in our squad. Adnan has the potential but is much more languid in his style. He's also the only real outstanding prospect we have in our squad. 9 years ago we had a young Rooney and Ronaldo in our squad. It's good to have talented youngsters in there.

I also have a feeling that Barkley won't be as big a bastard as Rooney.

Believe in Viva's boy Pereira

Clegg

Believe in Viva's boy Pereira

Ahem.

He was my boy before Viva's.

Besides he's just made the step up to United 21 level. It'll be a couple of years before he's ready for the senior team. It's the same story with Adnan but I'm sure he'll get plenty of gametime with Juventus after we lose him on a free next season.

Yen

Watching PTA's The Master now. From one master (Shane Ferguson) to another.
Edit: actually I'm not. My wee sister is sitting beside me and I just checked the parents guide on imdb. #responsibleyenrot

Clegg

I've resorted to watching youtube vids of Marwan beasting fools last season.

My initial thought was that we'd play him as a holding midfielder and free Carrick up to do more work in the opposition half. But now I'm thinking that we'd be better off having him burst forward through midfield. He's a hard fucker to stop.

My initial thought was that we'd play him as a holding midfielder and free Carrick up to do more work in the opposition half. But now I'm thinking that we'd be better off having him burst forward through midfield. He's a hard fucker to stop.

When I get paid i'm buying a curler.

arkon

Thank gawd. Now we wont have to listen to all the "oh no, those dirty furriners in the premier league are ruining our english players" bollocks for at least a year or two.

Yeah. I don't get the complaints. There's a wealth of English talent in the league.

Milner, Welbeck, Cleverly, Barry, Lescott. I could go on and on.

My man. My hero.

That's also when I liked the German team the most. Newcomers were welcomed with open arms (Frings, Klose, Rau, even fucking Dogan) because the pool of talents was dry, the Bundesliga was laughed at everyday of the year and matches were tense. In the mean time, the players had to deal with confidence issues, had to strengthen bonds to evolve better on the pitch, and were really trying their best although they were technically vastly inferior. What a time that was.

Although, it's precisely during this period between 1998 and 2000 that I wept the most for German teams. True love can hurt so much.

I'll never forget how we gave the German citizenship to absolutely dreadful players because our players were even worse lol. Paolo Rink, Sean Dundee, Zoltan Sebescen, absolutely legends of German football.

Yen

TL;DR Lob it up to the big man

Wilbur

Banned
I'll never forget how we gave the German citizenship to absolutely dreadful players because our players were even worse lol. Paolo Rink, Sean Dundee, Zoltan Sebescen, absolutely legends of German football.

The day the people at the FA actually decide to go the way German football went instead of just letting ex players talk about the fact that we need to go the way German football went will be a very fucking welcome day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom