• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Wenger will get the best out of Ozil. Nothing to worry about at all.

FE01rPt.jpg

The day the people at the FA actually decide to go the way German football went instead of just letting ex players talk about the fact that we need to go the way German football went will be a very fucking welcome day.

I totally understand that. Our team in South Africa 2010 was very exciting but the last Euro was just a huge downer.

Salvadora

'German core', I love it. When we get the next Cesc going and Gnabry we'll coming down with Germans.
Wenger will get the best out of Ozil. Nothing to worry about at all.
He's saving it all for his Arsenal debut.

Him, Ramsey and Jack linking up, hnnnng. I've heard some mumblings that Giroud pulled out of the France game at the last minute, anyone know if that was true?
Capitalizing on the Özil deal. Adidas must really hate that Arsenal are sponsored by Nike.
We're changing to Adidas, are we not?

Yen

Arsenal Adidas shirts are going to look horrible with the stripes on the sleeves and the fact the sleeves are a different colour to the shirt.

Barzul

'German core', I love it. When we get the next Cesc going and Gnabry we'll coming down with Germans.
He's saving it all for his Arsenal debut.

Him, Ramsey and Jack linking up, hnnnng. I've heard some mumblings that Giroud pulled out of the France game at the last minute, anyone know if that was true?

We're changing to Adidas, are we not?
Nah Puma is the deal that was leaked to the press. Who knows, Adidas might try to Willian the deal.

Slizz

Is that even a real ad? Looks like it isn't. Pictures of players are very sharp, everything else is compressed.... non-transparent 'G' 'E' 'A' and 'O' in Hunting Season.

Clegg

Nike's exclusive bargaining period with United has ended so afaik we can negotiate with different manufacturers for the kit deal.

Expecting we'll make some ridiculously huge amount of money which we'll never spend on players.

Salvadora

Nah Puma is the deal that was leaked to the press. Who knows, Adidas might try to Willian the deal.
There was so many rumours going about on that deal.

I think it was Nike first, then Adidas and now Puma. Is it defo signed? Wonder what the later has planned.

Yen

Alan Foley ‏@alanfoley79
Trap has lost as many home competitive matches in fours years as the previous four managers did from 1986-2008

justjohn

Think mou gave lukaku to everton to build a good relationship with them before we swoop for barkley. That kid looked good tonite.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
iYRVLvVfFla4f.gif

Alan Foley ‏@alanfoley79
Trap has lost as many home competitive matches in fours years as the previous four managers did from 1986-2008

HEY man maybe your team from 1986-2008 was better eh? Ever thought of that?

#FreeTrap

edit: Well that came out wrong. Don't FREE him, keep him. :( He's 90 anyway :(

just wait

edit2: for him to turn it around. -_-

Lightning

Banned
There was so many rumours going about on that deal.

I think it was Nike first, then Adidas and now Puma. Is it defo signed? Wonder what the later has planned.
Reliable sources say the Puma deal is signed and done. No announcement yet because of agreement with Nike.

Who knows for sure though. Pretty sure on the Puma deal though.

Meier

Vinny is apparently likely out until October and will almost certainly miss the derby. Aww shit.

Micah back for Stoke apparently.

K1LLER7

I don't get the Barkley hype.
English media hype. Have to admit he's better on the ball than most of those players in the England squad.

Wilshere is legit amazing, when injury free. That game against Barca really opened my eyes to how good he is. Shame he's always injured.

English media hype.

Wilshere is legit amazing, when injury free. That game against Barca really opened my eyes to how good he is. Shame he's always injured.
That game showed the world just how good he is. Out-played three of the best players in the world at that time and stood up to the challenge with confidence, maturity and talent.

Salvadora

That game showed the world just how good he is. Out-played three of the best players in the world at that time and stood up to the challenge with confidence, maturity and talent.

He was like that throughout the entire season.

Don't know where Roy Keane is coming from saying he is being overhyped.

Clegg

Because he's Roy Keane, greatest midfielder in Premier League history.

He was right about Hart and he'll be right about Wilshere.

rodvik

Because Roy Keane talks a lot of shite with the occasional truth bomb. It can be hard to figure out which is which. In this case he is talking shite.

Slizz

As a person outside of England I always thought Wilshere was overhyped. Now I'm not saying I didn't/don't think he was a quality player but he is overhyped.

I also hate 'Shere Will Power' banners.

Salvadora

only yesterday you wanted him out of the team and to sit on the bench for aaron ramsey

i dont even know whats going on anymore
The two aren't contradictory, Wilbs.

In that season we saw Wilshere go toe to toe with the best midfielders in the world and come out on top. He showed time and time again abilities, maturity and composure far beyond that of a normal 19 year old. Keane saying he is being overhyped shows that he obviously can't remember just how fucking good he was. I don't get the overhyped comments, he looked like becoming one of the best in the world.

But Ramsey is playing better at the moment babes.

Powerful. Two good feet. Comfortable in possession and eager to have the ball. Can pass well. Full of energy. wots not to love

English media hype. Have to admit he's better on the ball than most of those players in the England squad.

I'm definitely a fan. He's electric.

(He's got a family full of eccentrics)

He looks good, potentially very good.

But it just feels like there is so much hype for a reason I don't quite understand. It doesn't seem like he has had a big moment or impressed in a really big game? Maybe I missed it, but even tonight people are saying how he did so well. He was just alright, and against Moldova.

Wilbur

Banned
The two aren't contradictory, Wilbs.

In that season we saw Wilshere go toe to toe with the best midfielders in the world and come out on top. He showed time and time again abilities, maturity and composure far beyond that of a normal 19 year old. Keane saying he is being overhyped shows that he obviously can't remember just how fucking good he was.

But Ramsey is playing better at the moment babes.

just shut up and kiss me

For what its worth, I think Wilshere's outstanding. He's not playing at his best right now but he's being asked to play in a position that doesn't come naturally to him, which is why like I said last night I'd be a little disappointed despite the Ozil signing that Wilshere will still be playing deeper alongside Arteta or Ramsey. Maybe he'll have more freedom with Arteta back, but for me Wilshere is at his best when he can decide when to get forward at will as opposed to worrying about holding the line or not.

If Arsenal didn't sign Ozil, I honestly think the best thing to do would have been Cazorla out wide anyway, Ramsey and Arteta to start deep and Wilshere in the number ten position, because put him there and he's able to fulfil his potential. I think he could genuinely be a brilliant, brilliant player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom