• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
He looks good, potentially very good.

But it just feels like there is so much hype for a reason I don't quite understand. It doesn't seem like he has had a big moment or impressed in a really big game? Maybe I missed it, but even tonight people are saying how he did so well. He was just alright, and against Moldova.

Nice goal against Norwich on his weak foot and he looked impressive in that match, but yeah I'm not basing anything off this match lol. Even Danny Welbeck scored in this match.

James Milner couldn't tho.

lets all think about that for a second.

K1LLER7

He looks good, potentially very good.

But it just feels like there is so much hype for a reason I don't quite understand. It doesn't seem like he has had a big moment or impressed in a really big game? Maybe I missed it, but even tonight people are saying how he did so well. He was just alright, and against Moldova.
He's being touted as the next big English talent. They'll take every opportunity they can to hype him up.

Seems like Welveck scored 2. Now he won't score for United :(

Wilbur

Banned
Because Keane is right. Wilshere is overhyped.

RAMSEY!

c2m.gif

That gif cracks me up every time I see it. Isn't it from FF14?

And yeah, Wilshere hasn't been the same since his injury and doesn't score enough. Ramsey is playing the best football of his career so far and is actually scoring. It'd be madness to drop him instead of Wilshere when Ozil comes in.

Carbonox

Just saw Star Trek Into Darkness. Fucking loved it. Cumberbatch is incredible and he looked just like Voldemort during the scene
where he was crying and telling his story from the on-board cell

Give me at least one more film pls where they fully explore shit.

Wilbur

Banned
Just saw Star Trek Into Darkness. Fucking loved it. Cumberbatch is incredible and he looked just like Voldemort during the scene

yeah I love Sexually Transmitted Infection/Disease. That was some good blockbuster shit

kharma45

Yeah Into Darkness was fucking great, a lot of fun. Lot of Star Trek fans didn't like it but fuck it, miles better than some of the bile that the TNG films were. Hopefully the third is as good when it comes around. I imagine the next one will be an explore-y one, ended with them starting their deep space assignment.

Carbonox

Yeah Into Darkness was fucking great, a lot of fun. Lot of Star Trek fans didn't like it but fuck it, miles better than some of the bile that the TNG films were. Hopefully the third is as good when it comes around. I imagine the next one will be an explore-y one, ended with them starting their deep space assignment.

I never cared for the franchise one bit until the reboot came out. Helped that it was a modern origin story so I could slot in to some basics I guess. Not that I care for the older stuff still. Just wasn't for me. Some of the films I did catch were cringe-worthy.

Definitely keeping tabs on this reboot movie series though as I love both films. Apparently the third begins production next year but Abrams isn't attached to direct?

Slizz

Have yet to see either Star Trek, 0 fucks given. My movie watching is fucking random aside from consensus MOTY nominees.

EDIT: last 5 movies I've seen most recent first:

1. Bling Ring
2. Perks of Being a Wallflower
3. The Prestige
4. Prometheus
5. Pacific Rim

1 in theaters being Pacific Rim.

spidye

I never cared for the franchise one bit until the reboot came out. Helped that it was a modern origin story so I could slot in to some basics I guess. Not that I care for the older stuff still. Just wasn't for me. Some of the films I did catch were cringe-worthy.

Definitely keeping tabs on this reboot movie series though as I love both films. Apparently the third begins production next year but Abrams isn't attached to direct?

Abrams is doing star wars :(

Abrams is directing the new Star Wars!

Linius

Have yet to see either Star Trek, 0 fucks given. My movie watching is fucking random aside from consensus MOTY nominees.

1. Bling Ring
3. The Prestige
4. Prometheus
5. Pacific Rim

My last five movies are:

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
2. Brave
3. Serenity
4. Jack Reacher
5. Pacific Rim

Arnie

Wind Waker HD looks fucking amazing, and I haven't played the original.

If I don't have a job come October and I'm back in Preston I'm borrowing your Wii U, DC.

kharma45

There isn't officially anyone yet but Quinto said he thinks Abrams will be doing it.

1. Bling Ring
3. The Prestige
4. Prometheus
5. Pacific Rim

Both Star Trek films are better than Prometheus.

Abrams is doing star wars :(

Abrams is directing the new Star Wars!

Fingers crossed it will be as good as what he did with Trek. Can't see it not being so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom