• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eanan

But yeah, absolutely fucking dire. Piss off back to italy trap ya senile old fool. A million a year for this shite?

Moysey pls

Evil Kagawa @evilkagawa

Yes! JAPAN WIN! As leave pitch, Japanese police arrest Kagawa! OH NO!? I frightened, what I do wrong? So funny, they say I stole the show!

3690_Dead.gif

Meier

Wow, huge traveling crowd for Belgium. Impressive.

Ahh, apparently they need at least 1 more point to officially qualify.

moojito

The Belgian fans seem a decent bunch, with the Scottish flag waving and such. Can't really dislike them for outplaying us!

This match, indeed, is boring. But I came to see the Allianz Arena illuminated with the German colors and thus left satisfied.

I'm not even kidding when I say I liked the national team much more when we were shit a few years ago. The team traveling to like Iceland, you knew it would be a fucking horrible game and you didn't even expect them to win. Still, you watched the full 90 minutes because you were hoping for a win. Matches actually mattered. Qualifying for the WC/Euro was tough and you were actually afraid Germany could miss it. You were happy for every point, for every winning goal that Ballack scored. You were mad after every 0-0 in which the team was doing absolutely nothing at all, after every major fuck up that lead to a goal for the other team. That's football romance.

Today, you expect them to win every qualifier match and they do most of the time. They score a few goals and win, There's nothing exciting about it all. And you just know they'll bottle it at the next tournament with Löw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom