• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Cech really excels in the big games like this, but I've not seen anything from De Gea that would say otherwise. Granted he hasn't played a CL final but he was really incredible against Madrid, in many games in the PL and the cup game at OT against Chelsea.

The difference is that Cech has been doing it for years and has arguably won trophies for Chelsea with his performances. De Gea was very good last season but one very good season does not earn you a place among the best. It's about performing at the highest level on a consistent basis, De Gea has not done that yet.

TrueBlue

Fair play Bayern, gutting to lose it in the final seconds, but it could've been a worse occasion. Glad we pushed you all the way to the end.

kharma45

Yeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss

xs2Dbhu.gif

rodvik

Brilliant game.

I said it at the time and I will bore you all again.

Lukaku played terrible in the game and it was no surprise he would collapse under the pressure of a penalty. He is either too young or just not good enough for Chelsea.

ShogunX

Knew that was coming

Lukaku really needs to get a goal and get over this ASAP now or it could be really damaging

Think he needs another loan. It's still too early for him to be leading the line for a money club like Chelsea. He needs to mature his game elsewhere and see where he is at about 23/24.

The difference is that Cech has been doing it for years and has arguably won trophies for Chelsea with his performances. De Gea was very good last season but one very good season does not earn you a place among the best. It's about performing at the highest level on a consistent basis, De Gea has not done that yet.

There's a reason that the reward for being a really good GK in FIFA is the ability to wear a Cech hat!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

Re Casillas:

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen 1m

“@jazzy7Hussain: @themichaelowen Casillas is so much better.” Do me a favour. I've played nearly 40 games with him - he is not.

Owen just went up in my estimations.

Yen

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen
Cech been great tonight but those of you that think there is anyone better in the world than Neuer is having a laugh.

jazzy hussain ‏@jazzy7Hussain
@themichaelowen Casillas is so much better.

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen
Do me a favour. I've played nearly 40 games with him - he is not.

Shameful dc'ing

Meier

Instead of #FreeJuan, FF should be using a play on words on The Special One. So maybe something like #TheBenchedJuan or #TheFrozenJuan.

Blablurn

holy shit seeing how there are second place medals I'm so glad we one. It would've sucked to open the season like this.
It's the fucking supercup they should just mail them the medals.

yep, i doubt its a gamechanger but its definitely a boost. something we needed. the pressure we build before that goal was peps work. the goal felt like heynckes. fighting till the last second.

Think he needs another loan. It's still too early for him to be leading the line for a money club like Chelsea. He needs to mature his game elsewhere and see where he is at about 23/24.

I think staying at Chelsea could be damaging he needs to play weekly really and would get a place in most team outside the top 4 or 5

H13

Brilliant game.

I said it at the time and I will bore you all again.

Lukaku played terrible in the game and it was no surprise he would collapse under the pressure of a penalty. He is either too young or just not good enough for Chelsea.

too young and less game time
i dunno why he took that penalty
he is good.
just need more gametime

Sane_Man

Please sell us Lukaku now Chelsea. I genuinely think he'll be one of the best strikers in the world in a few years. I love him.

Feorax

Supposedly Chelsea don't want to loan us Moses. Fair enough I suppose.

Rumour from tonight is we have concrete interest in Munian.

HURRY THE FUCK UP AND SIGN HIM BRENTY!

Bo-Locks

What would this summer have looked like if Fergie was still in charge?

I'm guessing a little less public humiliation but still no midfielder. At least Moyes is actively looking to strengthen our weakest area.

rodvik

too young and less game time
i dunno why he took that penalty
he is good.
just need more gametime

I think he can be good. he just wilted during the game today. No movement, seemed the most tired man on the pitch even though he was the freshest. Eventually parked himself as a right back and got skinned time after time. he did one thing, held up the ball once during a break, that was it.

He just is not ready. Mou should have left Torres on imho.

Keio

For a Finer World
And? World class players miss penalties also. He's young, you guys act like he's been taking pens his whole career. It's not his fault he had to take a pen. If Lampard didn't make such a weak clearance, there wouldn't be penalties.
The Lampard clearance reminded me of the weak clearance that led to THAT Iniesta goal. After that it was just hanging in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom