• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out for most of the evening at a dinner for my parents anniversary but came back in the 80th minute or so.

Disappointed we didn't win. All that hard work in ET and we couldn't hold on is disappointing. Cech had a blinder from what I saw, got close to 2 penalties as well which I think he should have at least saved one, but when he was keeping us in it its hard to criticise him. He's in great form, such an asset to the team.

Mourinho just said Eto'o is our last signing of the window, Gourlay said earlier we might more? I assume Mou is right on that one.

FootballFan

Have you guys seen the bit after the penalties were over when Martinez went to Mata and was like "Por que tu no jugaste?". And Mata was like "No sé, hombre."

Broke my heart

Wow...Incredible. smh Mou, doesn't use Chelsea's player of the season and does the good old "we deserved to win".

Bow to Pep pls.

Randdalf

Daily Mail reckons Arsenal will spend £70m on Benzema, Ozil and De Maria. Wat. I'll be stunned if they manage to sign even one of those players.

fuenf

Götze was better when they pulled him further back. Surprisingly so.

But he is not yet where he should be

It's because he has lost all of his speed and hasnt gotten it back (yet). He currently he can't beat anyone 1on1 but it'll come with time.

Gambit

lol, kahn praising pep now. after doubting him a lil in the beginning. fuck u olli :D

Well, was he really doubting him before? I only heard him mention that Pep's tactics take time. That's not yet criticism. Did he say more than that?

Not that he doesn't spew enough nonsense...

fuenf

Lol the players faces:

BS8rOcgCMAABOca.jpg:large

Meier

Daily Mail reckons Arsenal will spend £70m on Benzema, Ozil and De Maria. Wat. I'll be stunned if they manage to sign even one of those players.

fuck that if they got all three. no no no no

Don't worry Clyde, they're just following up on someone else's shit report. Benzema and Ozil would cost that alone. All told, it would be closer to £100m for the 3 and on top of that, they'd all command salaries in the vicinity of £150-200k a week. Not happening.

Salvadora

Don't worry Clyde, they're just following up on someone else's shit report. Benzema and Ozil would cost that alone. All told, it would be closer to £100m for the 3 and on top of that, they'd all command salaries in the vicinity of £150-200k a week. Not happening.
None of them want to leave Madrid either, especially for Arsenal.

I'd hate the idea of the three of them joining too, they would bring their bad attitudes over here. We don't need prima donnas.

I'd hate the idea of the three of them joining too, they would bring their bad attitudes over here. We don't need prima donnas.

I disagree to an extent, I think in key positions for you that would be a good thing. What you don't need is someone rash and cocky like Chesney in goal he needs competition. A bigger focus should be had on getting defenders though, and a back-up for Giroud.

Wes

venison crêpe
Spurs confirmed the signing of Eriksen tonight!

€10m! So cheap for so much potential!

Yeah that is pretty ridiculous. Surprised Liverpool didn't bid for him for that. Or heck even Dortmund (if they were actually interested in him).

I wonder if Townsend will be sold or loaned out now. There are a couple of bodies yet to possibly be shifted at Spurs.

bjaelke

Yeah that is pretty ridiculous. Surprised Liverpool didn't bid for him for that. Or heck even Dortmund (if they were actually interested in him).

I wonder if Townsend will be sold or loaned out now. There are a couple of bodies yet to possibly be shifted at Spurs.

He said all along he wanted European football (actually started out by saying CL).

Wilbur

Banned
Hopefully some of Spurs' players are comfortable being squad members as opposed to starters. Obviously Naughton, Townsend and Carroll will be alright with that but they've got a job on their hands making sure everyone gets enough games to be satisfied.

Wes

venison crêpe
Telegraph: Julian Draxler and Kaka are Arsene Wenger's latest targets as Arsenal step up efforts to sign new players

No way do Arsenal get Draxler. Kaka maybe.

Linius

Hopefully some of Spurs' players are comfortable being squad members as opposed to starters. Obviously Naughton, Townsend and Carroll will be alright with that but they've got a job on their hands making sure everyone gets enough games to be satisfied.

I hope they play Eriksen on the right side of the bench. Maybe in the middle of the bench sometimes too if they feel like it.

Salvadora

I disagree to an extent, I think in key positions for you that would be a good thing. What you don't need is someone rash and cocky like Chesney in goal he needs competition. A bigger focus should be had on getting defenders though, and a back-up for Giroud.
I think we need a bit of fire (like Jackie), but I dunno, they're used to being treated like royalty in Madrid. There are literally no targets left for us :lol.
Luckily AVB is known as a great man manager,

Please take John Terry as well. Terry at Dortmund? I'd love my ass off.

Well, loving your ass off is certainly interesting.

Telegraph: Julian Draxler and Kaka are Arsene Wenger's latest targets as Arsenal step up efforts to sign new players

No way do Arsenal get Draxler. Kaka maybe.
€45m and Draxler is Arsenal's.

Draxler won't move this summer, next year he'll go to Bayern

I hope they play Eriksen on the right side of the bench. Maybe in the middle of the bench sometimes too if they feel like it.

No, he should certainly be in the middle. He can do a Middelfart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom