• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

tabelassswj.png

Still top of the league, at least for a few more hours.

fredy-montero1773635d_400x225.jpg

3 games, 5 goals. Montero scored more goals than Serbia Lisboa and Benfica.
Let Benfica's downfall begin. Everything stopped going forward when Jesus fell to his knees and soon it will be so bad that Eusebio will be attending Porto's games instead.

Zabojnik

I swer to Christ m8, I'm gonna buy a 15m HDMI cable and start recording Juve matches myself. For gifing purposes, I mean. Youtube sucks ass. At least record from a decent stream, ffs.

fuenf

We didn't negotiate for Martinez, and we are not going to negotiate for Herrera, that Manchester thought otherwise is just ridiculous

I gotta admit I'm starting to like your club again. Last year I thought Urrutia simply wanted to screw us, but it's becoming clear that he stands by his philosophy and I admire that. In the end I'd like to think that the Martinez transfer worked out for both clubs?

Do you happen to know your club did with the trasnfer money? Was it invested in new players, the stadium or your youth system?

Empty

micheal owen being on both btsport and motd today is grating

stop trying to make micheal owen - football pundit a thing. it shouldn't be a thing

Lightning

Banned
I get the feeling this Guatia second bid is bullshit and is only being reported because Wenger said the goalkeeper situation is not closed so media putting 1+1 together in their heads.

Labadal

Tomorrow:

De Gea sent off, Evra own goal, Rooney punches van Persie.

Jose Enrique dribbles four men, puts in a cross and a heroic header by Kolo "Car Salesman of the Year" Toure in Brentontime (96th minute) means we win 4-0.

At least it will happen in my dream tonight.

Welbeck behind RVP

Giggs on the left.

Book it.

It's better than Rooney playing.

I'm sure I'll get over it eventually but right now I can't believe that piece of crap still gets to play for us, take home £250k for taking a piss on us and is probably going to end up our top scorer.

omgkitty

Arsenal interested in Jefferson Montero. Now that sounds like the sort of underwhelming shit signing we'd be interested in. Turns out Cardiff are also interested. Sign of quality there.

phaze

Tomorrow:

De Gea sent off, Evra own goal, Rooney punches van Persie.

Jose Enrique dribbles four men, puts in a cross and a heroic header by Kolo "Car Salesman of the Year" Toure in Brentontime (96th minute) means we win 4-0.

At least it will happen in my dream tonight.

tumblr_mlp1bqyhey1qbj7qqo1_500.gif

Watching CB for the first time and finally know what your avatar is from.

Arsenal interested in Jefferson Montero. Now that sounds like the sort of underwhelming shit signing we'd be interested in. Turns out Cardiff are also interested. Sign of quality there.

Don't know a thing about him but at this point almost any kind of winger is a plus in my book.

MU didn't sign anyone first team bound on free, right ? At least we're better than them.

I already explained this earlier. Absolutely pathetic journalism.

lol

So lets get the facts straight :

Last year when we played Stuttgart a lot of German supporters had gotten tickets for the Copenhagen sections, which resulted in quite a lot of bad things during the match. This resulted in fines and public criticism from Uefa to Copenhagen not doing enough to prevent this.

So people who now bought their tickets and sounds like they support the opposition team has been "temporarily cancelled" which means all of them will be contacted at latest today, to confirm they are actually not just a random Gala or Juve fan trying to get into other sections, of course that isn't ideal but when Uefa has very harshly told the club to do better at separating the supporters it better be done. Of course Danish trash newspapers decides to make a big fucking deal of this and I guess now some English BS media has decided to jump on it too?

No one has been denied tickets because of their names, the few ones that had to be contacted now to be sure they weren't supporters of the other team even got their damn tickets, they just got an email saying what i explained above.

This was something which was also not done before the draws were made. So anyone could have bought the tickets then (a ticket package of all 3 games), but when the draws were made they decided to do this to try and avoid a situation like last year with the germans. All you have to do is still pick up your phone or if you miss the call, call into the ticket service thing yourself, cause the tickets are still reserved for you.

K1LLER7

It's better than Rooney playing.

I'm sure I'll get over it eventually but right now I can't believe that piece of crap still gets to play for us, take home £250k for taking a piss on us and is probably going to end up our top scorer.
He'll probably get a new contract offer too.

omgkitty

Another Andre Santos in the making, it's like one step forward 3 steps back with Wenger.

He's better than that and only 23. Definitely not the top quality we need though. Definitely seems like more of a squad player I think.

We're also interested in Florian Thauvin again. Would rather have him.

Phil Gartside, Bolton Chairman, has admitted to swindling City out of £400,000 for Hamann. Apparently we signed him from Bolton when they actually hadn't officially signed him.

Daniel Taylor (Guardian) says City are "looking closely" as to what we can do.

We do not forget. We do not forgive.

Seems a bit more complicated than that after reading the DM piece

We'll sign him on deadline day.

In other news - Blackburn are quite good these days. Congrats Jeff.

We've been ridiculous the last 2 weeks sadly our next game is against Burnley, they haven't beaten us in 34 years and its pure hatred but think their time has come

Edit lol Howard Webb denied a blatant penalty

Barzul

He's better than that and only 23. Definitely not the top quality we need though. Definitely seems like more of a squad player I think.

We're also interested in Florian Thauvin again. Would rather have him.
Yes to Thauvin, man this window has been so depressing, even by Arsenal standards. Oh well looking forward to smashing Spurs tomorrow.

Koko

Banned
Used to be good at Villareal. Is he as good now?

Yes he still pretty good, not sure if you can compare it to his time with Villareal because of the level of Liga MX, but he still pretty talented.

Not sure if that's the kind of transfer that Wenger is looking.

omgkitty

Yes to Thauvin, man this window has been so depressing, even by Arsenal standards. Oh well looking forward to smashing Spurs tomorrow.

Yeah since I'm off Monday I think I might just sleep until after 5pm so the window is closed and I won't be pulling my hair out all day.

and to add to my post before, I see the people making a big fuss over it on twitter trying to get Journalists attention is of course fucking Juve supporters based in Denmark, who has gotten tickets to the Copenhagen section. Fuck off you cunts, buy one through juventus site if you want to go.

faridmon

Yes he still pretty good, not sure if you can compare it to his time with Villareal because of the level of Liga MX, but he still pretty talented.

Not sure if that's the kind of transfer that Wenger is looking.

To be fair, as it stands, Arsenal would actually be better off with more talented players such as this. I mean, isn't depth of the squad the main problem? I actually believe, the squad is quality, but with one or two injuries, it might fall apart.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I already explained this earlier. Absolutely pathetic journalism.

This was something which was also not done before the draws were made. So anyone could have bought the tickets then (a ticket package of all 3 games), but when the draws were made they decided to do this to try and avoid a situation like last year with the germans. All you have to do is still pick up your phone or if you miss the call, call into the ticket service thing yourself, cause the tickets are still reserved for you.

Ah, I see.

Makes sense. Good on the media for giving the full picture... Not.

K1LLER7

"Belgian broadsheet Nieuwsblad says Fellaini has been told he will be allowed to join Manchester United. #mufc #efc"

Mirror say Everton want Lindgaard on loan.

Plasma

Banned

*Sigh* Sounds like we're going to take a punt on somebody who might turn out to be good just like we tried with Gervinho.

At this point we need proven quality in the squad, I really hope Wenger realises this or he can leave at the end of the season.

Danish media bt.dk reports: Wenger's latest quotes about #Bendtner's second chance are pure tactics. Crystal Palace are very keen on him.

lol Wenger, will laugh so hard if it ends up with Bendtner staying because he's trying to get a mil or so more out of Crystal Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom