• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

lol Wenger, will laugh so hard if it ends up with Bendtner staying because he's trying to get a mil or so more out of Crystal Palace.

Arsenal have been getting rid of players at all costs this season. We let Chamakh go for free a season before his contract ended. We'll do whatever it takes to get rid of him.

K1LLER7

On Sky Sports 3: Rafa Nadal just said Bale is worth 100m if he can score 50-60 goals a season like Ronaldo.

The presenter also said personal terms are agreed.

K1LLER7

"El Correo have published an article stating that Ander Herrera has said “yes” to #MUFC and that he’s awaiting the answer from Athletic."

IT'S HAPPENING

Edit: "The article is short, I know, but it does say at the bottom “More information in the printed edition of El Correo”. I’m assuming tomorrow’s."

faridmon

We don't need Lingaard. We have two superior keepers. and hopefully the rumor for treating him as soft cushion for the transfer is total bullshit.

It doesn't even make sense. Why buy a Keeper from Atletico Madrid, who played games, and go after the one keeper that is depressed s fuck just because he can't sit tight on the bench.

K1LLER7

We don't need Lingaard. We have two superior keepers. and hopefully the rumor for treating him as soft cushion for the transfer is total bullshit.

It doesn't even make sense. Why buy a Keeper from Atletico Madrid, who played games, and go after the one keeper that is depressed s fuck just because he can't sit tight on the bench.
It's not the keeper.

The midfielder

kharma45

Lingard is a midfielder.

"El Correo have published an article stating that Ander Herrera has said “yes” to #MUFC and that he’s awaiting the answer from Athletic."

IT'S HAPPENING

Edit: "The article is short, I know, but it does say at the bottom “More information in the printed edition of El Correo”. I’m assuming tomorrow’s."

:D

K1LLER7

Finished it today actually.

Liked it. I'll post my lengthy impression on it tomorrow on the Anime thread. wanted to discuss with you but you kept ignoring me.

Where is my Anime brotherhood pact we made, dude?
I probably missed your posts, sorry bro :'(

I don't post in the Anime thread but our Anime Brotherhood pact is still going intact <3

Can't wait for new Hunter x Hunter and Attack on Titan tomorrow :D

I'm on the last episode of Steinsgate. Will probably finish it tomorrow. I'll read your post in the Anine thread.

Nicktendo86

IT'S HAPPENING

Its happening.gif

Mastadon

Banned
Very nice. I am surprised though, Chelsea doesnt have THAT big a squad, makes you wonder if they have some incoming?

They've signed Atsu I think? They have an absolutely wealth of midfield options though, so doubt they'll miss him :p

The bit about us not having an option to buy makes me think we have another attacking midfielder lined up.

I don't think we have anyone lined up as such, but I think we'll have another look in January.

hiroshawn

Banned
If I dream about the North London derby I will make a prediction tomorrow.

The night before the 2nd leg against Fenabache I had a dream of 5 goals and Aaron Ramsey. I was thinking Ramsey was gonna score 5 goals, but the dream actually meant that Arsenal will win 5-0 on AGG and Ramsey will be on the score sheet. True story.

sneaky77

IT'S HAPPENING

The only article I see is that Manchester will be willing to pay the whole buyout clause tomorrow.

Regardless of the outcome, if they pay the 36m and Herrera wants to go nothing we can do so see ya later.

Also, the transfer ending on week 3 of the new season is retarded.

Arnie

I know how much you wanted him at Anfield. It's okay Arnie, we'll have him on loan in 2015.

I'd rather have Victor Moses, and that's saying a lot.

Time for a sleep, and then in the morning I'll be ready for Django to loosen the shackles and silence the D.

As in David.

As in the cave slug.

As in the Dickhead.

Fergie

Banned
If I dream about the North London derby I will make a prediction tomorrow.

The night before the 2nd leg against Fenabache I had a dream of 5 goals and Aaron Ramsey. I was thinking Ramsey was gonna score 5 goals, but the dream actually meant that Arsenal will win 5-0 on AGG and Ramsey will be on the score sheet. True story.
Dream on some bets for me.

K1LLER7

Fourth Official
"Hearing that Everton and Man United HAVE agreed a deal for Fellaini, McCarthy will join the toffees and Powell will join Wigan"

Fellani and Herrera in would be brilliant.

Mastadon

Banned
If Sakho, llori and Moses all come in as planned, I'll be very, very happy with our work in the market this year. Would have been lovely to have the big marquee signing, but we've improved the squad immeasurably.

Walshy

I don't think we have anyone lined up as such, but I think we'll have another look in January.
I dunno, there seems to be lots of talk that we had looked at that Yarmolenko. Ben Smith thought there was interest there and that Di Marizo guy also seemed to think we actually bid.

Moses is a right winger right? It would be a bit contradictory from Rodgers considering what he said about wanting a left winger specifically.

They've signed Atsu I think? They have an absolutely wealth of midfield options though, so doubt they'll miss him :p

Apparently going straight on loan to Vitesse. But yes, got more than enough in his position, don't need him. He's decent though, so would have preferred to not loan him to another premier league club.

The only article I see is that Manchester will be willing to pay the whole buyout clause tomorrow.

Regardless of the outcome, if they pay the 36m and Herrera wants to go nothing we can do so see ya later.

Also, the transfer ending on week 3 of the new season is retarded.
Do you think he would do well in England?

Fwiw I don't think we will trigger the clause.

Fergie

Banned
I'd rather have Victor Moses, and that's saying a lot.

Time for a sleep, and then in the morning I'll be ready for Django to loosen the shackles and silence the D.

As in David.

As in the cave slug.

As in the Dickhead.
518cff4421a429f8b1311a1d3cd5fa65.gif

K1LLER7

"Earlier today we covered news from regional Basque newspaper El Correo who insinuated that Athletic Club had taken an extra player on the trip to Madrid just in case Ander Herrera wouldn't be playing.

The newspaper explained that it was usual for the club to take 18 players in a travelling squad but that this weekend they had taken 19 and the gist was it could be due to a impending departure for the young midfielder. They questioned the club's manager on this and he informed them that Herrera had not stated he didn't want to play but said he'd talk to the player before the game to check everything was fine.

This evening they have said that Herrera has informed Athletic Club that he wants to leave. El Correo headline the very small article 'Herrera says yes to United and waits', the waiting part is down to the two clubs agreeing a fee but after other reports in Spain that Manchester United would up their bid and were determined to get the player, it looks like the deal could happen.

The player will not force through a transfer if his club are set against it but Athletic sounded like they were softening their stance earlier and have not ruled out the prospect of a transfer happening during this window. Manchester United would up the player's wages significantly and provide Herrera with the chance to play in the Champions League. An excellent season could see him fight his way into contention for the Spanish World Cup squad, and that will be something of a dream if not a scenario expected at this stage.

El Correo say they'll have more on the story in their Sunday newspaper. That hasn't been released yet but when it does we'll bring you coverage of what they're saying in Bilbao about a move which would be Manchester United's record signing. "

Looks like we'll find out tomorrow.

Fellani looks very likely now.

Arnie

If Sakho, llori and Moses all come in as planned, I'll be very, very happy with our work in the market this year. Would have been lovely to have the big marquee signing, but we've improved the squad immeasurably.
I see Sakho as a marquee signing, to be honest.

I think he's got that five star quality that we've seen in Sturridge, Coutinho, and Mig.

Not just a squad buffer (like Ilori).

Also means Wisdom can go out and get minutes, hopefully.
Mburouabe.

Queue for hippierom is well lyony

I'd be drinking too if I was about to be take a rectal stuffing from Jordan Henderson.

Yen

The bit about us not having an option to buy makes me think we have another attacking midfielder lined up.

Then Chelsea would be reluctant to set a (low) price for him after our last bits of business between the two clubs.

Happy with the signing. Lots of pace, strong, can play on both wings. Decent option.

sneaky77

Do you think he would do well in England?

Fwiw I don't think we will trigger the clause.

Playing as an attacking Center Midfielder I think he would do well, probably playing in the spot Rooney played vs Chelsea linking to the forward.

I guess I'll find out when I wake up at 6am to watch Madrid put 5 past us for the nth year in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom