• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
The mandate of the past few years has been to strengthen the side in order to regain our position as title challengers. And so, it has to be said, the signing of any one individual -- whether it be Draxler, Suarez or even Lionel Messi -- would not be enough; we need to sign several great players. The mandate is no longer to strengthen but to rebuild into strength.

There is an argument to be made that every single one of our players, except Sagna and Cazorla, are not Champions/Premier League winner material; we have quite a few problem areas that need improving. Look at the signing of Cazorla as an example. Despite demonstrating his fantastic talent, not even he himself can control the midfield and spur the entire team on. He needs help in front, beside him and behind.

But it's just not going to happen
you got that yaya songo guy

be happy

Messi

Seriously this picture still totally looks like wilbs.

ZZ1F89DD83-550x386.jpg

Harry potter stole his look

Anyone seeing the tech stuff coming out of Infamous: SS. If that's what Sucker Punch are doing, what in God's name are Naughty Dog and SSM capable of?

D/l'd Infamous 2 a few days ago, got bored at like 5 mins in and deleted it. I really WANT to like it, and it looks cool and all, but it just depresses me and I hate the main character.

Lunchbox

Banned
D/l'd Infamous 2 a few days ago, got bored at like 5 mins in and deleted it. I really WANT to like it, and it looks cool and all, but it just depresses me and I hate the main character.
that's normal

you're supposed to hate shit games. play journey to wash that trash off your memory

Clegg

£21m?

But our bid was reported as €30m. Which is like £26m.

If our first bid really was £21m, then yeah, no chance we pay the release clause.

Kinda makes sense. Why would we make our opening bid just 4m below the release clause? Unfortunately £21m sounds like a much more realistic opening bid.

I think we need to stage a coup.

FootballFan

For your information; Detective Conan is the longest running series ever. Started 95 and still going strong.

Hunter x Hunter isn't that long. Its around Brotherhood-like number which you can handle. and the story follows a series of evolving plot rather than self contained episodic nature like Detective Conan.

and its will go fast, because its so good!

Just wiki'd it, which Hunter X Hunter would you recommend ? 1999 one or the reboot from 2011. What about the OVA?

cremino

1377984210_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

the stage madrid was going to use to present Bale today is being taken down. fucking lol

As says that the stage is being taken down because of the game tomorrow and will be rebuild after the game

http://as.com/diarioas/2013/08/31/english/1377985086_708561.html

This evening, Real Madrid were forced to dismantle the staging area next to the President’s box in the Santiago Bernabéu. The stage had been erected especially for the presentation of marquee signing, Gareth Bale. The stage was assembled on August 23rd but the delays in finalizing terms of the agreement with the player and his financial advisors has prevented Bale’s much-anticipated unveiling.

There was a possibility that Bale might have been presented today. Saturday’s training session, originally scheduled for the morning, was switched to the early evening but by 16:30, when Carlo Ancelotti began his pre-match press conference, there was still no official word from the club while the coach primed journalists beforehand that he would not be answering questions about the Welsh winger.

Sunday’s midday kick-off meeting with Athletic Club was arranged back in mid-August and cannot be rescheduled. Madrid pulled down the staging area on Saturday night but the structure will be put back in place immediately after tomorrow’s match, when, it is believed that Madrid will make an official announcement to confirm Bale’s arrival.

The presentation is likely to take place on Monday evening, after Bale has passed a medical examination. A room has been reserved for Bale at the Sheraton Mirasierra Suites Hotel, where the club usually puts up new arrivals until they can find permanent accommodation. Bale’s stay in Madrid however, will be brief as he is due to join up with the Wales squad for next week’s crucial 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Macedonia and Serbia.

K1LLER7

Interesting read on the tax situation for players in Spain. Regarding the Martinez transfer.

"The Basque midfielder is on the brink of signing for Bayern Munich with tax formalities being cast aside after revelations from Spanish treasury and LFP.

Athletic Bilbao star, Javi Martinez, has been linked with a move to German Bundesliga as Bayern Munich look to pounce on the opportunity of his acquisition. The Spanish World Cup winner has a buyout clause of 40 million Euros, a sum that bring complex tax proceedings with it.

Bayern do not like the summary of activities associated with the transfer and have asked Los Leones to aid them in the way.

Chairman of the Bavarian club’s board, Karl Heinz Rummenigge, acknowledged that there are difficulties in the negotiations, and revealed that they are getting tired of the position Bilbao have taken.

"Termination clauses that have all the Spanish players are structured in a way so complicated, it might create some problems in the legal and tax aspects."

After several discussions and meetings, Spanish media is rife with suggestions that the deal could be completed over the weekend. The supposed tax issues do not come into play in the said transfer, giving the Bundesliga giants area to roam around.

The transfer operation of Javi Martinez is tax exempt and will not have any VAT or income tax added on the deal. Bayern will have deposit the 40 million Euros in the bank account of Athletic Bilbao to get the player they have been craving for the duration of 2012 summer transfer window.

Statute of the FIFA Article 17.2 comes into action which paves way for Bayern in their capture. The article states that the buyout clause must be paid by the player and his new club together and there is no obligation on the new club and respective player to pay taxation monies.

The transaction is exempt from VAT following the precedent set by Ronaldo’s transfer to Real Madrid 10 years ago. Liga de Futbol Profesional has it in good accord that binding the specified payment of the clause; clubs are exempt from this tax as it is considered compensatory in nature.

On the other hand, the proceedings are exempt from income tax depending on FIFA’s Article on Players' Status. Bayern together with the player will make payment of the clause, and hence, it will be a transaction between two clubs, two legal entities.

Since there is no individual involved, no income tax will be levied on the whole deal. The personal income tax applies only to individuals and therefore it is inapplicable in the current scenario."

So €36m and he's ours.

MPW

if I was perez I would have said deal is off

but perez loves his galactico signings

Levy knew that all too well and delayed the deal long enough so the stage has to be taken down and built again

arkon

For your information; Detective Conan is the longest running series ever. Started 95 and still going strong.

Hunter x Hunter isn't that long. Its around Brotherhood-like number which you can handle. and the story follows a series of evolving plot rather than self contained episodic nature like Detective Conan.

and its will go fast, because its so good!

There's been longer running ones. Shit like Sazae-san and Doraemon.

hiroshawn

Banned
Do you guys think that I could install fifa 14 on a 12gb PS3? I want to get the early access download 3 days early. I don't want to wait until the PS4 version is out and kunts like KSI have a leg up on me.

Linius

Please don't start about shit like that. GTA V is giving me a headache weeks before release. My poor 20GB HDD can't hold all these GBs rockstar demands. Gonna need to remove a shitload of stuff. I really hope MS doesn't screw me by pulling the plug some day. Probably deleting Bioshock and the Walking Dead from my HDD to do the trick :/

K1LLER7

Please don't start about shit like that. GTA V is giving me a headache weeks before release. My poor 20GB HDD can't hold all these GBs rockstar demands. Gonna need to remove a shitload of stuff. I really hope MS doesn't screw me by pulling the plug some day. Probably deleting Bioshock and the Walking Dead from my HDD to do the trick :/
What's the size of GTA V?

I've got around 15gb available, ordered the hard copy.

Nicktendo86

I feel silly for asking this but, why don't you get a bigger hard drive? My 250gb is a godsend.

K1LLER7

Yeah, I think he will lose though. I kinda hope he does just so I can sleep haha. Andy's got this.
C'mon bruv, you got to support the underdog.

If he came up against Andy, i'd want him to win.

Think Robrredo has too much for him, but saying that, Evans has played very well at times. Still lacking experience though, silly mistakes.

Nadal got this :p

Linius

I feel silly for asking this but, why don't you get a bigger hard drive? My 250gb is a godsend.

That Xbox is almost past tence. Normally you never have to install games so it would have lived just long enough till I get the PS4 sometime next year. But now Rockstar decided on forcing us with 8gb of files to install, well... :(

I'm not buying an extra HDD for that in any case.

I really surf the wrong subreddits.

If you're really hungry, do you have a baby around?
NSFW

Maaaan, there's a reason why you should avoid /r wtf :lol

Let me just put this out there, /r gone wild has some good stuff from time to time. Other than that I only browse the mainpage and post my own gifs on there.

K1LLER7

I believe it was 8gb you need.
Oh that's okay then. Cheers :)

Hopefully it doesn't crash my 60gb like TLoU :(
Remember you need twice as much space as the download for PS3 games.
It should be okay but if it doesn't work out, I'll just delete Infamous. Got it for free and never bothered to play it for longer than 2 hours.

GTA will probably be the last game I buy for PS3. Finish Uni around May and then after E3 get a PS4.

Linius

Oh that's okay then. Cheers :)

It should be okay but if it doesn't work out, I'll just delete Infamous. Got it for free and never bothered to play it for longer than 2 hours.

GTA will probably be the last game I buy for PS3. Finish Uni around May and then after E3 get a PS4.

You're waiting with the PS4 and GTA V is your last game? How are you gonna last that long? :/

I decided to buy at least Watch Dogs, AC IV and Batman on the current gen.

Maaaan, there's a reason why you should avoid /r wtf :lol

Let me just put this out there, /r gone wild has some good stuff from time to time. Other than that I only browse the mainpage and post my own gifs on there.
/r/Busty petite, /r/AsianNSFW and /r/camwhores are great

K1LLER7

You're waiting with the PS4 and GTA V is your last game? How are you gonna last that long? :/

I decided to buy at least Watch Dogs, AC IV and Batman on the current gen.
Last year of University will take most of my time :(

Not a fan of the Batman series or Ass Creed. Watch Dogs may tempt me but that's coming for PS4 too if I remember correctly. Could pick it up next year some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom