• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Peco

Why do we always need a kick up the arse?

Why can't we play with humility anymore?

IwSV0.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
4 points from our first 5 looooool you're such a pussy, bro.

Derby is a one off really, we won there last year when it didn't seem like we could.

I feel like it's quite an important game though beyond the obvious reason, we've not been great against Liverpool or Chelsea. We need to play well next weekend.

I really am ;_; thought we'd get a point at Swansea, win against Palace and lose against the other three (maybe draws vs Chelsea and Liverpool if we were lucky).

I haven't been surprised in that regard - especially not our performance at Anfield, and Chelsea being fucking shite was more surprising instead of our performance - but the win at Swansea came outta nowhere.

Hopefully Moyes has learnt a few lessons from the baptism of fire he's already had. For once I don't want to see calls for going gung-ho becoz datz wot fergie wuld do. Countering City worked to a fucking huge advantage last year so I'm quite glad Moyes is a reactive manager in that regard. We just can't get caught in a halfway house like we did against Liverpool where - in the first half especially - we ceded possession and then did fuck all with it, and then when we did have it continued to do fuck all. Have to be ruthless. RVP has to be switched on. Young has to be at home.

Although he was great last year at the Etihad wasn't he?

Maybe he should play. Surprise factor again, motherfuckers.

faridmon

No that's the 10. False 9 is the Messi position; up top but constantly dropping deep, not really what you'd call a striker like Falcao or Torres are. When Fabregas plays there for Spain its because he's a midfielder, drops deep and then Silva floats in behind him a lot of the time.

Oh, cheers.

Then we don't have a false 9. But yeah, Naismith roams around behind Jelavic (mostly from right) just to collect the dead balls and make something out of it. The problem is that Jelavic is not supporting the midfield, therefore Naismith is having harder time to influence the game. Hope that goal helps him find a space in the area, because if there is one thing he lack, its intelligent movement.

I really am ;_; thought we'd get a point at Swansea, win against Palace and lose against the other three (maybe draws vs Chelsea and Liverpool if we were lucky).

I haven't been surprised in that regard - especially not our performance at Anfield, and Chelsea being fucking shite was more surprising instead of our performance - but the win at Swansea came outta nowhere.

Hopefully Moyes has learnt a few lessons from the baptism of fire he's already had. For once I don't want to see calls for going gung-ho becoz datz wot fergie wuld do. Countering City worked to a fucking huge advantage last year so I'm quite glad Moyes is a reactive manager in that regard. We just can't get caught in a halfway house like we did against Liverpool where - in the first half especially - we ceded possession and then did fuck all with it, and then when we did have it continued to do fuck all. Have to be ruthless. RVP has to be switched on. Young has to be at home.

Although he was great last year at the Etihad wasn't he?

Maybe he should play. Surprise factor again, motherfuckers.

City are looking a bit pants too at the moment so attacking them might a better bet, it's hard to say. I think we should probably sit Carrick and Fellaini in and then have Rooney and 2 others working like fucking maniacs off RVP.

It's gonna have to a bit of a percentages performance from us I think...

Young can't play Nathan. He just can't.

Nah, Sainsburys sent me an email saying it'll be dispatched from Royal Mail on Monday with first class delivery, to be here on Tuesday :(

A bit of a worry since I don't know if its ready to be sent asap, or if there's a chance Sainsburys will fuck about and wait too long to send it to the royal mail, meaning I'd get it on Wednesday.

Still, got enough games to tide me through a day in that scenario :p

We don;t get post on Sundays btw :)

I don't feel like playing anything now, just watching TV shows and films until GTA. It really sucks.

I'll go hassle the shops tomorrow for a copy, you don't get GTA early without making a few enemies!

pulga

Banned
About to play some paintball so cant watch the game, but my trusty football app has informed me belt out a VIDAAAAAAAAAL HNNGG

Fuck Merda

Wilbur

Banned
If Barkley keeps playing first team football he's going to be an absolutely top player.

City are looking a bit pants too at the moment so attacking them might a better bet, it's hard to say. I think we should probably sit Carrick and Fellaini in and then have Rooney and 2 others working like fucking maniacs off RVP.

I think Welbeck left and Valencia right would probably be the best shouts. Work their arses off all day, do defensive work and get forward, and while both have the end product of an M Night Shyamalan film, I think I'd just trust them more than I would Nani.

Shinji on his best is an automatic choice, but there's so many times he's played and he's just been ineffectual that I'd rather give him a game in Europe midweek when the pace will be slower.

GorillaJu

The thing with United at the moment that keeps you in a strong position is that you're very good in both boxes, and ultimately that's what it comes down to. You get the ball in dangerous areas and you have people like Rooney, RVP and Hernandez who can pounce on every single opportunity.

City are trying to play beautiful football, and it's not really working. The key issue for them is quality in both boxes. Their goalkeeper is poopty pants and they don't have a world-class striker pairing. Those are the key ingredients to a title challenge.

Mata off? What the fizzle? Must be slowly working his way into match fitness.

^^^ dear god this post is fucking terrible. I need to go to bed :(

Top Bottom