• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Garjon

Chelsea seem to be hammering Everton from all directions yet just can't find a way through the back line. As a result, though their chances are few, Everton seem a bit more dangerous. Soaking up pressure is nothing new for these defenders after all.

EDIT: HAHA Chelsea let Naismith score, ridiculous.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
rafa-benitez.jpg
Inter are tied with us on 6 points too.

cremino

Juve-GAF, I missed most of the first half. Who's the better side? Please be honest and don't lie about it regardless of your hatred for Inter because then you are cheating on me just as you cheated to victory for some scudettos.

We're playing better but that's not saying much, shitty match overall and Juve were denied a penalty for a doubtful handball

faridmon

Chelsea seem to be hammering Everton from all directions yet just can't find a way through the back line. As a result, though their chances are few, Everton seem a bit more dangerous. Soaking up pressure is nothing new for these defenders after all.

EDIT: HAHA Chelsea let Naismith score, ridiculous.

Hammering? What are you on about? Both team had their fair of chances...

Tc91

Barkley set up that goal. Been playing really well, I'm starting to understand the hype a bit.

Aye he's quality, hope he doesn't fade though as the season goes on it seems to happen to a lot of young players in the PL.

The OX and Sterling are 2 that spring to mind, burst on to the scene and then fade away.

Eto'o is finished.

Mourinho wanted Rooney to suck it to United after losing out on his dream but it would have been a good move anyway, their strikers are hopeless.

faridmon

He has been pretty championship so far tbh, from what I have seen. And Heskey on medication could have scored that.

I have explained why. He have been wasted on the right midfield where he can't play for shit. His strength was always maximised as a false 9.

GorillaJu

Fuuu. Not sure Im confident of Aspas being the striker, but it's a very winnable match.

I think we'll be okay without Studge if he isn't available. Aspas and Coutinho will have more space against Swansea than they had against Villa, Stoke or United. Moses will really make it interesting as well. Can't wait to see what he's got for us.

L1NETT

Italy gaf how have Napoli been getting on so far this season. I went to Naples and got a 3 euro pizza the size of county durham which tasted like the gods, so I will root for them based on that.

Fry

I think we'll be okay without Studge if he isn't available. Aspas and Coutinho will have more space against Swansea than they had against Villa, Stoke or United. Moses will really make it interesting as well. Can't wait to see what he's got for us.

Definitely excited to see Moses.

Garjon

Hammering? What are you on about? Both team had their fair of chances...

Erm, they are bursting into the Everton final third like nothing else but are struggling to get in deep whereas Everton go for the counter, they waste no time in getting to the Chelsea area and as a result they are testing the keeper from closer distances and appear the more dangerous side. As evidenced by the end of that half.

faridmon

You beat City 2-0 in April.

I should have said Manchester was an anomaly for us.

Erm, they are bursting into the Everton final third like nothing else but are struggling to get in deep whereas Everton go for the counter, they waste no time in getting to the Chelsea area and as a result they are testing the keeper from closer distances and appear the more dangerous side. As evidenced by the end of that half.

One could also argue the fact that a counter-initiative team is as dangerous as the one who is initiating the attack. Just because Chelsea ''appeared'' to be dangerous, doesn't mean they were, as evidence as by the chances we had with Jelavic and Osman(?)

Yen

Fuuu. Not sure Im confident of Aspas being the striker, but it's a very winnable match.
Aspas was brilliant in pre-season, pace and goals to go with his teamwork and intelligence. I would worry about him versus Chico and Williams.

Would like to see Alberto gets some gametime too.

Top Bottom