• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Wilbur

Banned
Just booted up the new Pes demo and holy fuck @ Rooney.

What the bloody hell happened to him?!

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool oh my fucking god

Hope the demo's good. Three minutes into FIFA 14 I felt like I was playing last year's version again. Fucking resting on their laurels like Pro Evo did.

Mastadon

Banned
Catching up on music as I've been away from keeping up to date for a bit. Liking the Weeknd's new album. Need to give it one or two more listens though I think.

Any other recommendations?

The Chvrches album is amazing. New Danny Brown album is out next week if you're into that.

dc89

My mates FB status alludes to the fact United are charging Liverpool fans £15 more than the price of a home ticket.

Dispite the fact Liverpool offered United fans a lowered rate of ticket recently. And fans from both clubs had a banner against ticket prices.

United = no class.

Tc91

hahaha. incredible.

You're not ready for this.

Zhl52MW.jpg

Yen

My mates FB status alludes to the fact United are charging Liverpool fans £15 more than the price of a home ticket.

Dispite the fact Liverpool offered United fans a lowered rate of ticket recently. And fans from both clubs had a banner against ticket prices.

United = no class.

Would say the senior management of most senior (English) clubs don't care about the fans.

dalVlatko

Zlatan's book keeps on giving
That guy could take you down with a few words. For instance, he’d come into the changing room and say in an icy-cold voice: ‘You’ve done zero today, Zlatan, zero. You haven’t achieved a damn thing,’ and in those situations I didn’t shout back. I didn’t defend myself – not because I was a coward or had excessive respect for him, but because I knew he was right. I hadn’t achieved a thing, and it didn’t mean jack shit to Mourinho what you’d done yesterday or the day before. Today was what counted. It was right now: ‘Go out and play football.’ I remember one match against Atalanta. The following day I was supposed to receive the award for Best Foreign Player and the Best Player Overall in Serie A, but we were down 2– 0 at half-time and I’d been pretty invisible, and Mourinho came up to me in the changing room. ‘You’re gonna get an award tomorrow, eh?’ ‘Huh? Yeah.’ ‘Do you know what you’re going to do when you get that award?’ ‘Er, what?’

‘You’re going to be ashamed. You’re going to blush. You’re going to know that you haven’t won shit. People can’t get awards when they play so terribly. You’re going to give that award to your mum, or somebody who deserves it more,’ he said, and I thought, I’ll show him, he’ll see I deserve that honour, just wait until the second half, never mind if I can taste blood in my mouth, I’ll show him. I’m going to dominate again. There were things like that all the time. He pumped me up and cut me down.

Meier

Dying at those PES models. LOLOL

Here is my last month via last.fm..

1 Lord Huron 69
2 Ellie Goulding 66
3 White Lies 52
4 Macklemore & Ryan Lewis 35
5 The Rifles 32
6 The Weeknd 30
7 Kanye West 29
8 Bastille 22
9 Janelle Monáe 19
10 Arctic Monkeys 17
10 Charli XCX 17
10 Best Coast 17
13 The Housemartins 16
13 Bleached 16
13 Two Door Cinema Club 16

Hixx

FIFA 14 feels almost exactly the same as last year except its a little faster and everyone's got a really shit first touch. Yawn. Just feels so inorganic.

I think you are the first person I have seen say it is faster.

And that's because it really fucking isn't. It is a lot slower.

Wilbur

Banned
That's really weird, I thought some of the models in the leaked demo were brilliant, and I've just seen one of RVP my bro showed me that was great.

Koko

Banned
FIFA 14 feels almost exactly the same as last year except its a little faster and everyone's got a really shit first touch. Yawn. Just feels so inorganic.

Say what? If anything is slower.

To me it doesn't feel like 13 at all.

Wilbur

Banned
I think you are the first person I have seen say it is faster.

And that's because it really fucking isn't. It is a lot slower.

Maybe its because I play on slow on 13 and it was on normal here, but defo didn't feel it. Ball was faster, the first touch of everyone was really really heavy. Wasn't feeling it at all, just 13 with updated kits.

the wait for a good football game continues

I remember last year saying that Wilbs was playing a different version to everyone else.

Same this year.

Movement and shots are way different to last year.

Faster? :lol :lol

Hixx

Maybe its because I play on slow on 13 and it was on normal here, but defo didn't feel it. Ball was faster, the first touch of everyone was really really heavy. Wasn't feeling it at all, just 13 with updated kits.

the wait for a good football game continues

Sorry Wilbury but that is absolute horseshit.

Linius

Dying at those PES models. LOLOL

Here is my last month via last.fm..

1 Lord Huron 69
2 Ellie Goulding 66
3 White Lies 52
4 Macklemore & Ryan Lewis 35
5 The Rifles 32
6 The Weeknd 30
7 Kanye West 29
8 Bastille 22
9 Janelle Monáe 19
10 Arctic Monkeys 17
10 Charli XCX 17
10 Best Coast 17
13 The Housemartins 16
13 Bleached 16
13 Two Door Cinema Club 16

This for me

BahYHne.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kozak once sent both Bonera and Legrottaglie to the hospital in the same match against Milan. Ans now Pasqual.

Wilbur

Banned
Honestly, maybe its just me. Animations a bit better, menus are faster, nicer interface. Graphics are the same, shooting feels a little bit tighter, first touches are really heavy, CPU incapable of misplacing a pass. Just feels really similar to me. Not gonna get it.

Linius

Honestly, maybe its just me. Animations a bit better, menus are faster, nicer interface. Graphics are the same, shooting feels a little bit tighter, first touches are really heavy, CPU incapable of misplacing a pass. Just feels really similar to me. Not gonna get it.

Never judge a footey game by it's demo.

Hixx

All I want to do is go to bed and watch Netflix on the xbox. BUT IT WONT LOAD

I can get on Netflix on my PC fine. FUCK MICROSOFT

Yeah Fifa has changed quite a bit, the movement feels way different (and better) and the shooting is much better.

All I want to do is go to bed and watch Netflix on the xbox. BUT IT WONT LOAD

I can get on Netflix on my PC fine. FUCK MICROSOFT

Time to turn on your ps3 mang.

Wilbur

Banned
fucking bright colours, some shit fucking generic baggy trousered cunt from a japanese game and a duck

'so good'

Linius

So 360 GTA V bros, we still don't have a gang right? If no one does it I guess I'll get to that tomorrow. We can't be some gangless fellas riding trough life as lone wolves.

Top Bottom