• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Seriously, when we were drawn in this group I went to the Atletico's forum to take a look at the comments and how the fans were looking at their opponents. Surprisingly (or maybe not) they were all fuckin happy claiming they're favourites and they'll finish top of the group easly. I hate this kind of atitude and hopefully we'll show them how it's done. About Hulk, I'll be standing on my feet aplauding him when he comes to our stadium, we love him and we want him to suceed but he needs to lose against Porto :p. Oh and fuck Danny and his stupid celebration :p.

BTW, what did you think of Austria Vienna? How did they look against Porto? Do you think they'll be the group whipping boys or do they have the potential to steal some points?

RaGe_pt

BTW, what did you think of Austria Vienna? How did they look against Porto? Do you think they'll be the group whipping boys or do they have the potential to steal some points?

They did look great against us today but we didn't play well at all. Our midfield was a mess (Defour couldn't play and we couldn't replace him with someone with great midfield presence because Herrera is not yet prepared for a match like this, we played Josue instead) and the defense made lots of mistakes (Otamendi was a disgrace). Austria Vienna played better than I expected but that can be explained by our mistakes throughout the match. Anyway, at Vienna's home, Zenit and Atletico have to be carefull with their powerfull and quick counter attacks. I think the team that drops points against Austria is going to have a tough time in this group. It won't be that easy to get a win over there.

They did look great against us today but we didn't play well at all. Our midfield was a mess (Defour couldn't play and we couldn't replace him with someone with great midfield presence because Herrera is not yet prepared for a match like this, we played Josue instead) and the defense made lots of mistakes (Otamendi was a disgrace). Austria Vienna played better than I expected but that can be explained by our mistakes throughout the match. Anyway, at Vienna's home, Zenit and Atletico have to be carefull with their powerfull and quick counter attacks. I think the team that drops points against Austria is going to have a tough time in this group. It won't be that easy to get a win over there.

Jackson also played badly, I thought. He didn´t win many challenges against the defense and the few times he did, he was to slow deciding what to do next.

Thanks. Hmm...our last game is away to Vienna. I can already feel the choke coming from here. Oh well, at least another choke in Europe ensures that Spaghetti is fired.

No worry, Spalletti is an expert in chokes

Oh I know, trust me. He sometimes makes me miss ol' Dick Advocaat. Advocaat may have been a moron who refused to ever play anybody but the first 11 (he never even made subs) but at least he wasn't a coward. Spalletti's disgusting approach to European away games is getting tiresome.

cremino

Oh I know, trust me. He sometimes makes me miss ol' Dick Advocaat. Advocaat may have been a moron who refused to ever play anybody but the first 11 (he never even made subs) but at least he wasn't a coward. Spalletti's disgusting approach to European away games is getting tiresome.

LOL Spalletti was famous in Italy for his attacking football.....I wonder what's happened in Russia that made him change his style

LOL Spalletti was famous in Italy for his attacking football.....I wonder what's happened in Russia that made him change his style

936full-aleksandr-kerzhakov.jpg
What's the point of attacking if this is supposed to be your goalscoring threat?

Buy a good striker?? Gazprom doesn't lack money

We were supposed to :( Everyone and their mothers were expecting Zenit to buy a striker this summer but Spalletti bought two defenders instead.

And we actually made money on transfers this last window. Maybe Gazprom is broke.

Lightning

Banned
Olivier Giroud needs to stop mentioning RVP in the same sentence as Theirry Henry. RVP doesn't have a patch in Arsenal's hearts that Henry has... there really is no comparison other than the position.

Suen

We were supposed to :( Everyone and their mothers were expecting Zenit to buy a striker this summer but Spalletti bought two defenders instead.

And we actually made money on transfers this last window. Maybe Gazprom is broke.
Impossible. But then if you're taking back players like Arshavin to strengthen up in that part of the pitch then I guess buying a decent striker was never an option. Based Spalletti.

Impossible. But then if you're taking back players like Arshavin to strengthen up in that part of the pitch then I guess buying a decent striker was never an option. Based Spalletti.

We brought back Arshavin because he is a Zenit legend. And you know what? He's showing flashes of his former self. 3 goals and 3 assists so far, mostly coming from the bench. Not too bad at all. Once he regains full fitness I wouldn't be surprised if Capello gave him a call up.
ibzCqOCCcv8zIq.gif

Tymo on the other hand? He's past it :(

Suen

Pipita indirectly called La Liga a two-team league and that Serie A is tougher. It's all about Serie A

#HiguRespect
#BestLeague

Suen

Just turned 21 today FootyGAF.
Happy birthday!

We brought back Arshavin because he is a Zenit legend. And you know what? He's showing flashes of his former self. 3 goals and 3 assists so far, mostly coming from the bench. Not too bad at all. Once he regains full fitness I wouldn't be surprised if Capello gave him a call up.
ibzCqOCCcv8zIq.gif

Tymo on the other hand? He's past it :(
Sviato pls, he was a Zenit legend. Wenger took his soul and abilities.

Kidding! Former Arse player so I'm happy if he does well!

The Chelsea supporters get Benetiz booted out so their 'Messiah' can return. Judging by the start of their season and tonight's debacle it was an idiotic move of the highest order. Napoli are top of Seria A unbeaten and tonight they played Dortmund out off the park.

phaze

This set of results warms my heart. Ramsey continues his beast mode.

I will have to watch a few Napoli games, don't have a clue what to expect from them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Klopp "I behaved like a monkey out there. I went too far."

Mou spent the better part of 3 years being an utter prick at Madrid and pulled that club through the dirt in the process. He was never out of the papers taking potshots at Barca and Pep (Barca players were also cunts in that regard).
That's his shtick.

FeD.nL

Poulsen made me cry yesterday... so bad. Though I think we played a decent first half and Denswil will be a class defender, which makes the 3,5 million for van der Hoorn.. ah well nevermind. I hope de Boer will try Bojan as striker against PSV.

Gambit

Missed everything last night. as I left the German rain behind and flew to Spain for a week. So only catching up now.

809703657.gif

Klopp really lost it today

Nice to finally see Klopp's game face on international level.

Mia San Worldwide ‏@MiaSanWorldwide 3m

So one of our members reported that Ajax fans were singing in their match against Barcelona: "super Bayern super Bayern, hey hey" #MiaSanMia

Awesome.

Alright, pics time. I had less chances to take pictures because we were pretty late to the match (we arrived to our seats a couple of minutes before the CL anthem).

Outside San Siro:
Near the gates:
Just arrived to our seats:
Right before the match, you can already see the players on the pitch:
The Curva Sud, where the you'll find the most passioned supporters (Inter supporters gets the other side of the stadium)
Constant out, Robinho in (when the match changed, right there):
A random moment of the second half:

Seeing a game in the Curva isn't as good as it seems: our seats were already taken and we had to go some rows below (not a big deal plus we already knew that it was going to be like that) and of course we had to stand up the whole game. When you walk (pretty fast too) for more than 2 km (from the parking lot to San Siro) you'd like to be seated for a bit.

Whatever, at least I got back to San Siro and, while the game wasn't nearly as good as one would expect, it felt pretty good.

Jack cw

Klopp "I behaved like a monkey out there. I went too far."

That's his shtick.

Love it. Its nice too see how he tries to downplay this miserable performance of Dortmund by leading it to this particular scene :D
809703657.gif

They made the same mistakes from 2 years ago. Never kept calm and that hilarious defending. Reus was of no use...
Anyway, deserved defeat.

Still, best thing last evening was Ajax crowd singing SUPER BAYERN! Sooo good :D

Linius

Ajax crowd singing Super Bayern? What's that about Jack CW?

Also, Neymar refused to trade shirts with Van Rhijn yesterday. Probably because he was angry with him for that tackle he received in the first half :lol

Top Bottom