• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Jack cw

Ajax crowd singing Super Bayern? What's that about Jack CW?
bildschirmfoto2013-09o0c2n.png
Ajax fans bringing up memories of the 0:7 Barca vs. Bayern semi final.

Wilbur

Banned
Dunno how you could predict Europa league results and line ups lol

Hope my loan's come, I'm so poor. Wanna go out and get fucked

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hear hear

The most striking feature though in this whole Llorente affair is that the decision making of Conte is being questioned. After taking a side who finished seventh in consecutive seasons to winning back-to-back titles, it’s pretty safe to say that Antonio knows how to judge a player. Don’t forget, it wasn’t too long ago when La Signora would take to the field of play with Christian Poulsen, Tiago and Amauri in their ranks.

After returning the Old Lady to their rightful place where their history suggests they deserve to be, there has to be a trust in a Coach who bleeds black and white. He makes decisions in the interests of winning a game, not to pamper to the club’s summer transfer campaign as the recent examples of Ziegler and Eljero Elia testify. If Llorente wants a game there is only one way of getting one – to impress on the training field. And as Conte sees him on a daily basis, it’s only right that the ultimate decision is left to him.

Show some respect (Juventini) motherfuckers. #InConteWeTrust

They made the same mistakes from 2 years ago. Never kept calm and that hilarious defending. Reus was of no use...
Anyway, deserved defeat.

Come on now, that's just bullshit. Have you even watched the game? We weren't really good at the start because Benitez had the right idea. He let Napoli sit very deep when we were attacking and made it very hard for us. Napoli didn't do shit, either, though.

Just when we were getting better, Subotic got a cut over the eye, the ref didn't let him in when it was fixed and Napoli took advantage of this short time "chaos" by scoring from the corner when Subotic was just running back to the box. Then Klopp out, Hummels injured and the red card.

The second goal was a perfect free kick. While our defense definately wasn't at it's best (hardly surprising with Großkreutz as RB, Bender as CB and just ten men on the pitch), you can't call that hilarious defending when Napoli couldn't even score from open play.

Wilbur

Banned
2-1 away at Napoli with ten men isn't bad at all, considering that one goal was iffy because of Subo and one was an incredible free kick. Dortmund are a good enough side not to lose any of the other games in their group. On last night's showing Marseille will cause no trouble, and Arsenal aren't looking as strong at home and I wouldn't assume they're just going to turn up in Westfalenstadion and win it. Gonna be real tough but for my money they've already got the hardest game in the group out of the way.

FootballFan

2-1 away at Napoli with ten men isn't bad at all, considering that one goal was iffy because of Subo and one was an incredible free kick. Dortmund are a good enough side not to lose any of the other games in their group. On last night's showing Marseille will cause no trouble, and Arsenal aren't looking as strong at home and I wouldn't assume they're just going to turn up in Westfalenstadion and win it. Gonna be real tough but for my money they've already got the hardest game in the group out of the way.

wilbur pls giv napoli the credit they deserve.

Wilbur

Banned
Seen pretty much extended highlights on all the other games. Tuesday > Wednesday. Already can't wait for the next round.

Fuck, the Champions League makes me giddier than Ribery at a nursery. Nothing else compares, not even the World Cup.

Jack cw

Come on now, that's just bullshit. Have you even watched the game? We weren't really good at the start because Benitez had the right idea. He let Napoli sit very deep when we were attacking and made it very hard for us. Napoli didn't do shit, either, though.

Just when we were getting better, Subotic got a cut over the eye, the ref didn't let him in when it was fixed and Napoli took advantage of this short time "chaos" by scoring from the corner when Subotic was just running back to the box. Then Klopp out, Hummels injured and the red card.

The second goal was a perfect free kick. While our defense definately wasn't at it's best (hardly surprising with Großkreutz as RB, Bender as CB and just ten men on the pitch), you can't call that hilarious defending when Napoli couldn't even score from open play.

Yes, I watched the game and had a smile on my face for 90 minutes.
So let me summarize what you are trying to say:
- You were outcoached by Benitez
- You couldnt find an answer against counter attacking (normally its Dortmund that counters) because there was no plan b
- You lost control because you were helpless resulting in a red card for the goalie and Klopp
- Injuries happens, that's a misfortune
- Your defense was hilarious as usuall when the game gets tight and your offense cant play out their counters anymore

Yup, its the game I saw yesterday too. By the way, now that I think about it, Dortmund has lost the last 3 CL matches in a row :D

TrueBlue

Chelsea-GAF: Real talk for a minute. Disregarding last night, do you think our start has been that bad? Looking at our first four league games, I think 7 points is a decent tally considering who we've played. I was expecting the United and Everton results to be reversed but there you go.

Whatever the case, it's imperative we win on Saturday, especially with the Manchester derby the following day.

Wilbur

Banned
United's twitter page is embarrassing this morning lol

Chelsea-GAF: Real talk for a minute. Disregarding last night, do you think our start has been that bad? Looking at our first four league games, I think 7 points is a decent tally considering who we've played. I was expecting the United and Everton results to be reversed but there you go.

Whatever the case, it's imperative we win on Saturday, especially with the Manchester derby the following day.

Two wins from two games you easily should have won, so you can only really judge things off the other games you've played so far this season.

The Bayern match I'd be most impressed with because there was a real fight in Chelsea's game. Maybe it was the Pep factor because aside from results the performances have been bad.

I can't remember a poorer looking Chelsea side coming to Old Trafford, and it was the same team that were the only side to beat Everton at Goodison last year.

There's something wrong there but I can't put my finger on it necessarily. Even accounting for the striker dilemma and their complete lack of options in the middle - should give Chalobah a go - Chelsea are a good enough side that they should be beating Basel at home.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't wait for all the arsenal may Sayers to eat crow.

:lol quelle surprise.

Don't think it's out of the question that Arsenal will go through, but for me Dortmund are a stronger side and Rafa's a better cup manager. Arsenal will have real problems coming up against Dortmund and Napoli at home who explicitly know how to counter attack effectively, and it could even be the same away considering you won't change your gameplan much. If you go through I won't be surprised, but if you go out I wouldn't be either. It's a tough group.

TrueBlue

United's twitter page is embarrassing this morning lol

Two wins from two games you easily should have won, so you can only really judge things off the other games you've played so far this season.

The Bayern match I'd be most impressed with because there was a real fight in Chelsea's game. Maybe it was the Pep factor because aside from results the performances have been bad.

I can't remember a poorer looking Chelsea side coming to Old Trafford, and it was the same team that were the only side to beat Everton at Goodison last year.

There's something wrong there but I can't put my finger on it necessarily. Even accounting for the striker dilemma and their complete lack of options in the middle - should give Chalobah a go - Chelsea are a good enough side that they should be beating Basel at home.

Aye. I wasn't too disheartened with the Bayern or Everton performances, because I felt there were positives to build on. Last night was the first in which there was none.

No fight, no incisiveness, just nothing.

As poor as we were against United, we got a valuable point away from home. I'd also say that both sides in that game were pretty bad.

As well as a striker, we did need someone behind the trio and in front of the back four. I'd like to see Chalobah, think he could be something special with the right moulding.

Top Bottom