• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

What are some good matches to watch tonight?

I wish the Europa League had the multi-match selection like the CL, so good to have all that choice.

Shit. According to people in the OT (minor GTA world-state spoiler)
even with the heists, it is very, very difficult to make enough money to build your property and vehicle portfolios

Knew I shouldn't have wasted all my money in Ponsonby's :p

FootballFan

Yeah he's hilarious. The employee review scene, dunno if you've seen that yet but it makes me cry every time it's so funny

Yeah that's the one I was laughing at haha. He is just answers "don't know.." to the easiest questions and makes Gervais read over the options like 6 times.

It's been really good so far, I'm enjoying it more than the original US version.

7w8cr6K.gif

:p

Wilbur

Banned
even with the heists, it is very, very difficult to make enough money to build your property and vehicle portfolios

Work them stocks! I wasted loads in there too, shooting shit in Trevor's tuxedo is the best

How the fuck is anyone going to be able to afford
the golf course

Work them stocks! I wasted loads in there too, shooting shit in Trevor's tuxedo is the best

Trevor's my only character who has enough already to make the big bucks in the stock market :(

Can't be bothered with the slow growth, gonna have to rob some security vans. How do you do it?

Trevor's my only character who has enough already to make the big bucks in the stock market :(

Can't be bothered with the slow growth, gonna have to rob some security vans. How do you do it?

I blocked one in with my car, sneaked round back of the van and put a clip of silenced rounds into the back doors then ran off with the money in my car again :D

Wilbur

Banned

I'm poor as fuck at the moment, waiting for my money from the first heist to come in. And every time I die with Trevor it costs me 4 grand at hospitals, why :(

Shoot the guards before they get in and shotgun the back of the truck before the po turn up is the best thing to do I think

Yes, I watched the game and had a smile on my face for 90 minutes.
So let me summarize what you are trying to say:
- You were outcoached by Benitez
- You couldnt find an answer against counter attacking (normally its Dortmund that counters) because there was no plan b
- You lost control because you were helpless resulting in a red card for the goalie and Klopp
- Injuries happens, that's a misfortune
- Your defense was hilarious as usuall when the game gets tight and your offense cant play out their counters anymore

Yup, its the game I saw yesterday too. By the way, now that I think about it, Dortmund has lost the last 3 CL matches in a row :D

blablabla Dortmund sucks, Bayern for life, suck me Pep

You just fucking said we were helpless after we had the chances to equalize after a 2-0 Napoli lead with one man down, are you fucking kidding me. You know, that Napoli against which your almighty beloved FC Bayern didn't manage to win either.

Cheers guys

I'm poor as fuck at the moment, waiting for my money from the first heist to come in. And every time I die with Trevor it costs me 4 grand at hospitals, why :(

Shoot the guards before they get in and shotgun the back of the truck before the po turn up is the best thing to do I think

Its annoying knowing that Michael will lose all of his mony before I get to spend it
:(

pappe

:lol quelle surprise.

Don't think it's out of the question that Arsenal will go through, but for me Dortmund are a stronger side and Rafa's a better cup manager. Arsenal will have real problems coming up against Dortmund and Napoli at home who explicitly know how to counter attack effectively, and it could even be the same away considering you won't change your gameplan much. If you go through I won't be surprised, but if you go out I wouldn't be either. It's a tough group.

If Arsenal sit back and invite the pressure from Napoli and Dortmund they will get fucked. Unless they end up playing with 4 fullbacks on the wings and 3 Center halves.

Clegg

Have you unlocked Franklin's missions for Lester?
He tells you who the target is and what company will benefit from that persons death. Just invest all of Franklin'smoney in that company's stocks and watch them soar after the assassination. There's a way to make even more money too but you'd have to use a guide to know what asassination missions are coming up. Before you trigger the mission with Franklin invest Michael and Travor's money in the company the guide tells you to. You have to do this before the mission because you can't switch characters when it starts. Then begin the mission and invest Franklin's money. A week after the assassination you should have at least 100k profit.

Not Big Sam: Truth-bombs on the thorny issue of homosexuality in football

Can't... actually.... breath...

As Jeffrey’s truth-bombs exploded around me, I became drunk with the very liquor of accepted wisdom. Two supposed stats in particular rocked me to the very core of my being.

“Did you know that 1 in 10 people in this world are gay, Big Sam?” he asked knowingly. “And four in 13 people are Chinese.”

As my mind was flooded with information and provocation, I could feel the anger rise throughout my body. I thought about my squad; my legion of trusted soldiers. There was definitely more than 10 players in my squad, so I soon calculated that there was at least one homosexual. I didn’t think I was a homophobe, but I also knew I wasn’t someone who appreciated being lied to. I was livid. I threw Archer aside like a polio-ridden orphan, and marched into the dressing room. Alas, I had become completely cocooned in rage by this point, and had completely lost my train of thought.

“Which one of you f**kers is Chinese?!” I roared, focusing my ire on Ivan Campo, and beating him to a smugless pulp.

Kenka

You just fucking said we were helpless after we had the chances to equalize after a 2-0 Napoli lead with one man down, are you fucking kidding me. You know, that Napoli against which your almighty beloved FC Bayern didn't manage to win either.
He is right though about the lack of nerves though. Borussia quite didn't manage to contain Pipita and I agree Subotic should have gone back in the field before the goal, but this should not result in Klopp going havoc.

It made for a nice gif though.

Blablurn

809703657.gif

He tells you who the target is and what company will benefit from that persons death. Just invest all of Franklin'smoney in that company's stocks and watch them soar after the assassination. There's a way to make even more money too but you'd have to use a guide to know what asassination missions are coming up. Before you trigger the mission with Franklin invest Michael and Travor's money in the company the guide tells you to. You have to do this before the mission because you can't switch characters when it starts. Then begin the mission and invest Franklin's money. A week after the assassination you should have at least 100k profit.

Cant you know who is going to get assassinated, quit the mission, put all the money in that company snd make profit?

I'll try it for the next mission.

Quickest way in to a security van is sticky bomb on the back doors.

Also, don't know if this is really a spoiler but in regard to funds by the end of the game...
You'll still be fucking fleeced. Each characters cut seems nice until you buy up a few properties and then you'll be pretty low again. No idea what you're supposed to do to raise enough cash for the golf course.

He is right though about the lack of nerves though. Borussia quite didn't manage to contain Pipita and I agree Subotic should have gone back in the field before the goal, but this should not result in Klopp going havoc.

It made for a nice gif though.

What lack of nerves? It was an intense game and Napoli also misplaced lots of passes before the red card. It's absurd to say we should have played calmer with one man down when Napoli gave us lots of pressure.

justjohn

Some chelsea meltdown on twitter happening right now. It seems like all our preseason optimism has been completely shattered and we're absolutely stunned. I've absolutely no idea what's going on.

Can't you just switch quickly after the mission and then invest?

Clegg

Can't you just switch quickly after the mission and then invest?

You could. But by then the cost of buying stock will be more expensive than before the mission. You wouldn't be making as much profit. But yeah, you could invest just afterwards as the share price increases day after day for a few weeks.

Kenka

What lack of nerves? It was an intense game and Napoli also misplaced lots of passes before the red card. It's absurd to say we should have played calmer with one man down when Napoli gave us lots of pressure.
I am talking first half. Second half was better with Dortmund being more focused.

Blablurn

i wouldnt say a lot. it was like 10 minutes into the game. dortmund wasnt that stable either

kharma45

I'm looking to buy a new phone.

Are the Nokia Lumia's any good?

They are although there should be new hardware coming soon-ish, first one will be announced in a week or so with the new 6" Lumia 1520. I'd hold off on the Lumia's at present unless you're getting a really good deal on one, like here in the UK Tesco have the 920 at £220 SIM free. Don't know what prices are like in the south.

Google will also have the new Nexus in November or so too.

Meteorain

I'm looking to buy a new phone.

Are the Nokia Lumia's any good?

I got the 920. Loving it.

You don't get certain apps that Android and iPhone have, but then again most apps aren't worth shit. TBH I got mine due to the fact it was something different from all of the current popular phones.

You could. But by then the cost of buying stock will be more expensive than before the mission. You wouldn't be making as much profit. But yeah, you could invest just afterwards as the share price increases day after day for a few weeks.

I did I with Michael and made about $300,000 profit.

Edit: Return percentage was only 45% so far compared to 80% though

Clegg

They are although there should be new hardware coming soon-ish, first one will be announced in a week or so with the new 6" Lumia 1520. I'd hold off on the Lumia's at present unless you're getting a really good deal on one, like here in the UK Tesco have the 920 at £220 SIM free. Don't know what prices are like in the south.

Google will also have the new Nexus in November or so too.

Is the 520 any good?

It's really cheap for a smartphone I'm wondering if there might be some sort of catch.

Top Bottom