• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Fergie

Banned
@ManUtd: One million followers and counting. Thanks for your support. We hope you've enjoyed the journey so far... #mufc http://t.co/KmKMWrfY0M

Well you got your wish Woodward.

BUhiK9uCUAAzXal.jpg

Federico Macheda said:
"Disappointed about the choices of Manchester? No, I'm not because I already knew how things would turn out. In spite of the new coach, things have not changed. Moyes has decided to focus on more established players giving less space for youngsters. Now I only think about me, to continue to better my career, to grow and improve."

:lol

Pls.

Welbeck is the same age as you.

kharma45

Edit: was going to make a really clever "Kharma incoming in 3... 2..." joke but I was too late already

I hear a sniff of Windows Phone and I'm in there like swim wear.

Is the 520 any good?

It's really cheap for a smartphone s I'm wondering if there might be some sort of catch.

520 for what you pay (it was £60 here for a while) is a great little device. You don't get a flash on the camera nor a front facing camera, and the screen isn't as good quality as the rest of the range but it's a really fantastic budget device and better than all the landfill Android options. My brother picked up a 520 recently and I was impressed with how it felt (I had a 920 previously and now have a 620) and responded. You won't get the app selection of the other two big OSs nor the same number of games but for some people that won't matter, it all depends on what you use a phone for.

I'm looking to buy a new phone.

Are the Nokia Lumia's any good?
I had a 620 which I was well impressed with, I know Kharma had a few issues with his though. Upgraded to an 820 which has been pretty great. You can get 820s cheap now, but think you'd be better going for one of the 9xxs for a few extra quid.

Clegg

I hear a sniff of Windows Phone and I'm in there like swim wear.

520 for what you pay (it was £60 here for a while) is a great little device. You don't get a flash on the camera nor a front facing camera, and the screen isn't as good quality as the rest of the range but it's a really fantastic budget device and better than all the landfill Android options. My brother picked up a 520 recently and I was impressed with how it felt (I had a 920 previously and now have a 620) and responded. You won't get the app selection of the other two big OSs nor the same number of games but for some people that won't matter, it all depends on what you use a phone for.

Thanks man.

Used to have an iphone and am giving my S3 to my little bro. Just want something new. Think I'll get the 520 or 620. I'm terrible with phones tho. Usually want to switch all the time so I don't think I'll go for the more expensive models.

Edit: Thanks for the suggestions Kyle.

Some chelsea meltdown on twitter happening right now. It seems like all our preseason optimism has been completely shattered and we're absolutely stunned. I've absolutely no idea what's going on.

We need to steady the ship. Hazard was poor and needs to be dropped vs Fulham, Oscar has been great so far he should stay. Mata, Willian and Oscar with Torres up top will be my preference.

Lampard and Rami. We need JT in there I think Mou realises he needs a leader in EVERY game and having taken off Lampard we fell apart (not that we were playing great with him there).

In my opinion he still needs to go back 4-3-3, and he will.

I'm looking to buy a new phone.

Are the Nokia Lumia's any good?

I bought a Lumia 820 in July and so far I never had a problem with it. Windows Phone 8 is pretty fast and good looking, and since I was used to WP7 (bought a LG Optimus 7 a month after the release), I felt at home after five minutes. Newcomers might need some more time (not a lot, really), but it's definitely a great system - the only complaint one could make is that there aren't as many apps and games as you'll find on Android/iOS: personally, I've never felt the need to have my phone loaded with useless stuff, the default apps are good and usually some more (first and third party apps) could easily satisfy your needs.

I haven't been following closely the newest Lumia devices, but at least I can vouch for the OS, after trying Android and iOS, I still prefer WP. Once you get used to that speed, you'll never want to use anything else.

kharma45

I had a 620 which I was well impressed with, I know Kharma had a few issues with his though. Upgraded to an 820 which has been pretty great. You can get 820s cheap now, but think you'd be better going for one of the 9xxs for a few extra quid.

Thanks man.

Used to have an iphone and am giving my S3 to my little bro. Just want something new. Think I'll get the 520 or 620. I'm terrible with phones tho. Usually want to switch all the time so I don't think I'll go for the more expensive models.

Edit: Thanks for the suggestions Kyle.

Yeah the volume button broke on my 620 twice and the GPS stopped working once, but to be fair one of the times the volume button stopped was me dropping it about four foot onto a tiled floor so I was lucky the screen didn't get smashed up.

The 520 is a good way in to Windows Phone to see what you make of it. It's the same basic user experience as the 820, 92x and 1020 models but just not quite as snappy as it's got half the RAM and not as fast a processor.

It'll all come down to what you want from a phone in the end. If you're big into apps and games you'll have some problems, but if it's just the big names you want WP has it covered mostly. Even the GTA app that's on iOS only at the minute is coming to WP.

pappe

Mou is just getting used to playing without a player like Cr7 in his side. Hazard, is the closest he has in that mould but he has been dog shit till now. Besides its difficult to leave a tactic he had been using for past 3 years and move on just like that.

faridmon

Is the 520 any good?

It's really cheap for a smartphone I'm wondering if there might be some sort of catch.

No, if you are buy Lumia, only go for higher end ones. The mid tier ones are awful stay away from them.

Lumia 925 is worth it and its not that expensive at the moment. People will tell you wait for the newer ones, but all they are doing is increasing the screens size and adding superfluous stuff which aren't worth the bigger splash. I find the Lumia 1020 really irritating with its bigger size hardware.

EDIT: Rereading your comment, if you want a budget phone that does its job at being a phone, then Yeah, i don't see why won't go for it. But personally, WP is not about budget but tier technological leaps.

Zabojnik

The team played like shit against Celtic, but still 2 - 0 is a good result. Fuck the haters #GraziePresidente #ForzaMilan #BigDick #GrazieAllegri

Juve, you're a fucking shame.

I take it you haven't seen the match? Not that we were brilliant or anything, but it was one of those games we'd win 9 times out of 10, if played repeatedly. Unlike Milan, we don't have Culovic.

tutsep19.jpg

"Is he only beautiful?"

/DEAD

Amazing.

kharma45

No, if you are buy Lumia, only go for higher end ones. The mid tier ones are awful stay away from them.

Lumia 925 is worth it and its not that expensive at the moment. People will tell you wait for the newer ones, but all they are doing is increasing the screens size and adding superfluous stuff which aren't worth the bigger splash. I find the Lumia 1020 really irritating with its bigger size hardware.

EDIT: Rereading your comment, if you want a budget phone that does its job at being a phone, then Yeah, i don't see why won't go for it. But personally, WP is not about budget but tier technological leaps.

The low end stuff from Nokia is what is getting them all the marketshare and they're great devices at that price point. The new Lumia's aren't all going to be huge phablets like the 1520, the 92x successor will likely retain the same 4.5" size, maybe got a bit bigger but then the 820 successor will fill that gap. The reason to wait is mainly for the new Snapdragon SoCs that they'll have, like the 800 in the 1520. What is it about the 1020 that is irritating? It's the same physical size as the 925 bar thicker with the camera hump.

WP is primarily about good budget phones at present, at the high end they're not established enough to properly take on the likes of the S4 and the iPhone.

IT CAME IT CAME

Mine did too :D

faridmon

The low end stuff from Nokia is what is getting them all the marketshare and they're great devices at that price point. The new Lumia's aren't all going to be huge phablets like the 1520, the 92x successor will likely retain the same 4.5" size, maybe got a bit bigger but then the 820 successor will fill that gap. The reason to wait is mainly for the new Snapdragon SoCs that they'll have, like the 800 in the 1520. What is it about the 1020 that is irritating? It's the same physical size as the 925 bar thicker with the camera hump.

WP is primarily about good budget phones at present, at the high end they're not established enough to properly take on the likes of the S4 and the iPhone.

Mine did too :D

925 is the perfect size as its thinner than all of the high end ones, not to mention way lighter. Sorry, but I really don't like the bulkier feel of the newer one since it just feels bulky. Although the ram is doubled in the newer one, I don't see it attractive for me. I just read somewhere, that they are trying to increase the screen size, and I hope that is bull, because I think the size of the screen is perfect now.

What I mean about the technological leap is the camera feature. Yeah, the app system is quite poor, but those camera in Nokia Lumia higher end are just amazing. The lower end ones don't have that feature, but I get it, they are good for budget.

Yen

Who says he survives?
I have watched two episodes, so I don't know what happens. I'm just saying, if I went to prison, they'd snap my arms like twigs.

The invoice from flubit days it cost £46 from simply games, talk about loss leader.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zabo, Yurt, in what Juve site/forum do you go usually? I go to Vecchiasignora

VS, Tifosibianconeri, Juventiknows and mostly twitter.

I seriously hate the knee-jerk reactions and pessimists on the forums though.

-

Uber supersub

BUhOC_aCEAAskOe.jpg

L1NETT

Lingard to Birmingham on an (apparently extendable) one month loan ?

Er, ok.

Lee Clark (good manager in my book) has been bringing in a quite a few recently, they have had some injuries and quite a poor start to the season.

Month loans are usually rubbish, can't see the point in them apart from a stop gap.

Meier

This will probably be pretty funny/weird to this thread. Quite different than transfers..

Trent Richardson learned about trade from Browns to Colts on the radio
“Yeah, I found out on the radio,” Richardson said during an interview with 19 Action News in Cleveland. “Actually, one of my friends called me. He was like, ‘You got traded?’ I was like, ‘Man, shut up talking to me. Get off my phone.’ I turned on the radio, and all of a sudden I heard, ‘Cleveland Browns running back has been traded to the Colts.’ It just hit me in my face like I can’t believe … I didn’t see it coming. I had good relations with everybody. I guess it’s the best for the Browns. At the end of the day, it’s the best move for both of us, I guess. I want to be a Brown. I didn’t see it coming, but at the same time, I’m a Colt now, so I got to move on get ready for Sunday’s game.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-trade-browns-colts-radio-125110397--nfl.html

Lee Clark (good manager in my book) has been bringing in a quite a few recently, they have had some injuries and quite a poor start to the season.

Month loans are usually rubbish, can't see the point in them apart from a stop gap.

It's because last season he didn't really get to play regularly. They're probably doing it to gauge how much the manager will rely on Lingard. If he doesn't play much, he'll go back to United and play u21 matches.

Lingard needs to go on loan and play.

Chipotle

What Europa games are people watching tonight? No GTA for me this evening cos my housemate's having a lady over and needs the living room for his seduction manoeuvres. Inconsiderate bastard.

phaze

This will probably be pretty funny/weird to this thread. Quite different than transfers..

Trent Richardson learned about trade from Browns to Colts on the radio

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-trade-browns-colts-radio-125110397--nfl.html

Wait you can sell/trade players in NFL without their agreement ? Doesn't that go against some workers rights or something ?

E: Read up and apparently you can. It can't be nice having to move from one end of US to the other just because they tell you to.

Top Bottom