• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

omgkitty

Except the Gotze thing started in April and Bernard moved after Micky (and they'd already signed Micky's replacement in Wellington Nem), etc. It's misleading.

Clever enough though I suppose.

Which is why mine works better, but this is a good six degrees of separation graph, even if it doesn't completely work.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Napoli Coach Rafa Benitez says if Gareth Bale is worth €100m, “then Marek Hamsik is priceless.”

This is not the first time the former Chelsea and Liverpool tactician has praised Hamsik, as he also declared the Slovak was “more tactically intelligent” than Steven Gerrard
hamsik-o.gif

jtb

Banned
Why does no one care about the Ciprian Marica stuff? Beuller? Beuller?

The rumors have been going for the past two months. It didn't materialize during the window, I'd be surprised if it happened now. I suspect it's just an agent trying to talk up a client who hasn't managed to find a club yet. And if it does turn out to be true... well, he makes up the numbers I guess. It'll be interesting to see who's Arsenal career has more appearances (or goals, even)—him or Park.

omgkitty

The rumors have been going for the past two months. It didn't materialize during the window, I'd be surprised if it happened now. I suspect it's just an agent trying to talk up a client who hasn't managed to find a club yet. And if it does turn out to be true... well, he makes up the numbers I guess. It'll be interesting to see who's Arsenal career has more appearances (or goals, even)—him or Park.

Well I knew that, but I didn't know we were still interested in picking him up. I mean we already have Park. I know he was decent at Monaco and he always seems to do well for Korea. Not sure why we just act like he no longer exists. I'd rather play him then some no name guy.

jtb

Banned
Well I knew that, but I didn't know we were still interested in picking him up. I mean we already have Park. I know he was decent at Monaco and he always seems to do well for Korea. Not sure why we just act like he no longer exists. I'd rather play him then some no name guy.

They're both no-names and not good enough as far as I'm concerned. Picking Marica up does seem a bit redundant when we have Park, and honestly even in the ultimate injury crisis, Wenger will prefer to place false 9s or some makeshift striker than either of them so it's a pointless signing. Just gotta hope that if we do sign him, it's on a one year deal.

at the very least, Bundesliga > Ligue 1 so... meh.

Timurid

They have a veritable force of FM wonderkids now. I am tempted to play a save of theirs in FM14.

They're pretty fun in FM. You can pretty much play them like you do with Porto. Personally I prefer to kick out the Brazilians and play with a full Ukrainian squad. It's pretty tough. :(

Meier

They're pretty fun in FM. You can pretty much play them like you do with Porto. Personally I prefer to kick out the Brazilians and play with a full Ukrainian squad. It's pretty tough. :(

Yeah, I can imagine that would be the case. About half the squad is from Brazil or Argentina. I can imagine that the lack of quality regens in the Ukraine would probably make it pretty tough to flourish with only those players.

I have been enjoying my Sheffield United save and have actually had a lot of success in bringing in South Americans even with the work permit restrictions, but even with an improved squad, it's tough to beat the big four/five. I did win the league though in 2018/2019. I am still keeping my contracts low because I prefer to not give in and start paying a shitload but I may have to finally do it. My highest paid player is around $60k a week.

omgkitty

They're both no-names and not good enough as far as I'm concerned. Picking Marica up does seem a bit redundant when we have Park, and honestly even in the ultimate injury crisis, Wenger will prefer to place false 9s or some makeshift striker than either of them so it's a pointless signing. Just gotta hope that if we do sign him, it's on a one year deal.

at the very least, Bundesliga > Ligue 1 so... meh.

At this point I'd rather play one of the youth players up there. We still have Afobe and Akpom, both of which didn't go out on loan.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_mj3d27sJKP1qjnqapo1_500.gif

Del Bosque "In the 1st half of the match we suffered against their wingbacks. Isla was troubling us on the right & we had to contain him."

Timurid

Yeah, I can imagine that would be the case. About half the squad is from Brazil or Argentina. I can imagine that the lack of quality regens in the Ukraine would probably make it pretty tough to flourish with only those players.

I have been enjoying my Sheffield United save and have actually had a lot of success in bringing in South Americans even with the work permit restrictions, but even with an improved squad, it's tough to beat the big four/five. I did win the league though in 2018/2019. I am still keeping my contracts low because I prefer to not give in and start paying a shitload but I may have to finally do it. My highest paid player is around $60k a week.
You'll love the Ukrainian league because their relax foreigner rules. You can start up to 7 foreigners (not Ukrainian) in your starting XI and that's not including your bench. So you can stack up your bench with foreigners. You'll probably run in problems with the UCL, but Shakhtar starts with a very good Ukrainian crop.

I also love their huge winter break they have. It's from December to March.

Is it true in the past the demo of PES was better than the final game? How does that even happen?

The demo is quite a bit of fun but what is wrong with the keepers in the game? They always push the ball into the net or sometimes not even bother moving to get it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f9%2fSusotopimage.jpg

Suso – Almería (on loan from Liverpool)

Unable to find a role for him in the current Liverpool setup, Brendan Rodgers judged it correctly that Suso needed more playing time elsewhere. Almería it seems, might just be the perfect move despite their impending battle with relegation across the course of the season. Suso has been handed the responsibility of playmaker-in-chief and with it a free role which allows him to penetrate defences from a variety of areas. Already he’s managed 2 assists, one of which a perfectly weighted pass behind the defence after roaming centrally.

2 key passes per game since the season began make him the joint-most efficient for Almería, while his 14 successful dribbles per game is the best in La Liga. More important than any assist or dribble however, is the continuity that Suso will gain from the loan. Rather than be in and out of proceedings, he’s been earmarked as a vital cog in the works that operate to keep Almería in La Liga – all while still just 19 years old.

rvy

Banned
Bale is such a fucking wannabe. People should start calling him Poor Man's Ronaldo.

That's gonna be my BAL name in PES 2014.

Carbonox

This woman on Pointless, holy shit she is fucking stupid. Every round she's throwing answers that have nothing to do with the subject or are downright ludicrous. Her partner's probably well pissed he has to stand next to her.

L1NETT

This woman on Pointless, holy shit she is fucking stupid. Every round she's throwing answers that have nothing to do with the subject or are downright ludicrous. Her partner's probably well pissed he has to stand next to her.

I remember one episode where the question was name US states with a coastline. The bloke said Mexico.

Victarion

So I just moved to Finland, now my fuckin Al Jazeera Sport subscription does not work. Apparently it's geolocked or some nonsense. So is there a cheap subscription service for streaming Champions League matches that works here? (Europe)

So I just moved to Finland, now my fuckin Al Jazeera Sport subscription does not work. Apparently it's geolocked or some nonsense. So is there a cheap subscription service for streaming Champions League matches that works here? (Europe)

I bought Al Jazeera subscription (living in Denmark). Just use Hola Unblocker for

Chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-unblocker/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en
or
Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/hola/

and select Egypt in the country list and it should work again just fine. :)

Yen

Love the avatar!

panty

AWESOMEE

Where did you move? Are you finnish?

Rad-

Get Hola unblocker for Al Jazeera Sport.

Welcome to Finland. Everything is boring here.

deroli

YES I will soon attend my first game in the Arroganz Arena. Got a ticket for the DFB-Pokal match of my beloved Borussia against 1860 München, which is already sold out. I'm very excited to see how many fellow fans in black and yellow will join me in the stadium. So living in Munich definitely has its perks ;)

Top Bottom