• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Victarion

I bought Al Jazeera subscription (living in Denmark). Just use Hola Unblocker for

Chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-unblocker/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en
or
Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/hola/

and select Egypt in the country list and it should work again just fine. :)

Holy shit! It actually works. Thanks man. :)

Love the avatar!

Wpg1z.gif

AWESOMEE

Where did you move? Are you finnish?

To Turku. No, I'm here to study for a master degree.

Get Hola unblocker for Al Jazeera Sport.

Welcome to Finland. Everything is boring here.

Thanks, actually it's quite nice here. But my opinion might change in the winter lol
Oh Btw your girls are all 7/10 and above.

Linius

Netflix really is great. Got the region trick right on my tablet by buying an unblock app for 2 euros. So now I can also watch Breaking Bad like the UK. And I saw UK has The Office too, that's something I need to watch some time.

Dibbz

It was Ozil's first day today.
WyLvoch.png

So it wasn't a dream. God damn gonna be great to see him. Although I'll be shitting it since the fucking mad man Di Canio is gonna shove a rocket up his players ass to perform and I don't want any thing to happen to Özil :(

So it wasn't a dream. God damn gonna be great to see him. Although I'll be shitting it since the fucking mad man Di Canio is gonna shove a rocket up his players ass to perform and I don't want any thing to happen to Özil :(

Hasn't worked so far, don't see why playing against Arsenal would change that

Can I make a new Steam account for my brother that has access to my library?

edit: What odd timing

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675377

subtles

Just read IGN's preview of GTA online and I'm impermeable to reason right now. I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment but just....wow.

Gaf Bounties

Just read IGN's preview of GTA online and I'm impermeable to reason right now. I might be setting myself up for disappointment but just....wow.

Gaf Bounties

I'm sure GTAV will be good and all but please, don't let yourself get hyped up by IGN. This is the people who got exclusive previews of the game and called the previous games story Oscar worthy. Chances are there are a lot of hyperbole and utterly pathetic cock sucking going on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm sure GTAV will be good and all but please, don't let yourself get hyped up by IGN. This is the people who got exclusive previews of the game and called the previous games story Oscar worthy. Chances are there are a lot of hyperbole and utterly pathetic cock sucking going on.
God Hand 3/10

God Hand 3/10
Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 (FM09) Review

This game gets a red card, and possibly a lifetime ban.
by Avi Burk

December 5, 2008 - What sports fan doesn't want to take control of his favorite team and guide it to a championship, or, better yet, a long string of championships? Well, if it means playing Worldwide Soccer Manager, you can count me in that number.

Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 gives gamers the chance to manage and coach 5,000 soccer teams from 50 countries around the globe, giving them the chance to manage every aspect of their team's roster, field questions from reporters at their team's press conferences, and coach their teams in real time as each simulated game unfolds. What it doesn't do, more importantly, is provide any compelling reason to keep "playing."

Although the game's database of more than 350,000 real-life soccer players is certainly impressive, only the most diehard fans of the sport would be able to appreciate having such a massive pool of talent to sift through, and the casual fan would almost certainly find the task overwhelming – I did.
This is a game solely intended for hardcore soccer fans.

The game's incredibly complex menu system is very difficult to navigate, even with the on-screen help box directing you through the process. In short, this game is extremely difficult to simply pick up and play. If you're unfamiliar with the franchise expect to spend a significant amount of time simply trying to figure out how to navigate the menus.

Worldwide Soccer Manager's presentation problems don't end there though, once you finally make it to your team's first game you'll find that the player renderings and animations are awful, and the stadiums you play in lack any kind of personality or detail. Each field is bordered by fences and what appear to be unfinished stands, which don't have any fans in them. And, when the ball is kicked off of the pitch, it passes smoothly through the surrounding fences, right through the stands, and disappears from view only to return to the field in the same fashion, appearing magically from the stands and passing through the fences (and goals) on its way back into play.

Then there's the sound, or lack thereof. There is no soundtrack that plays while you work in the game's menus, which you'll spend the vast majority of your time in this game doing. There is no audio narration to accompany your participation in press conferences, even though your options for how to respond to each question is incredibly limited. There is no audio commentary to accompany the action in the simulated game's you watch/coach. In fact, the only sound we found in the entire game was the tones of fans cheering as each simulated game played out – which only detracts from the game's feel of authenticity seeing as there are no fans rendered in the stands.
Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 deserves a bicycle kick into the circular file.

As far as traditional gameplay goes, there really isn't any in Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009. Apart from managing your roster and coaching your team, there really isn't anything to do at all. So, unless you really enjoy clicking on menu buttons, you'll find your interaction with this game extremely disappointing.

However, if you're a big footie fan and big fan of sports simulation, you'll be extremely impressed with the depth of Worldwide Soccer Manager, which allows you to control just about every facet of your team and draw from a player pool that is simply mindboggling.

Closing Comments

This game obviously aims to provide the deepest soccer simulation experience possible for the sport’s most passionate and informed fans, but it offers little to nothing that would appeal to a casual fan of the sport or to the average videogame enthusiast. The menus are complex and difficult to navigate, graphics are terrible, the sound is non-existent and there is no traditional gameplay to speak of. I couldn’t imagine why anybody would prefer Worldwide Soccer Manager to FIFA 09 or Pro Evolution Soccer 2009.

Ratings
4.0 Presentation

Although the menus are extremely involved and tough for beginners to navigate, the game’s depth is amazing.
2.0 Graphics

While I appreciate that the introduction of 3D in-game graphics is a step forward for the franchise, those graphics are simply terrible.
0.5 Sound

The only sound you’ll find in this game is the roar of the non-existent crowd… Absolutely worthless.
4.0 Gameplay

Yes, the depth of management in this game is impressive. But, it’s not impressive enough to make up for the fact that you aren’t actually playing soccer.
2.0 Lasting Appeal

This game is aimed at a very specific audience, and it’s inconceivable to me that anybody outside of that audience could play even an hour of this game before turning it off for good.

Terrible OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

They have since removed it lol

Netflix really is great. Got the region trick right on my tablet by buying an unblock app for 2 euros. So now I can also watch Breaking Bad like the UK. And I saw UK has The Office too, that's something I need to watch some time.

Are you using an Android tablet?

Hasn't worked so far, don't see why playing against Arsenal would change that

Can I make a new Steam account for my brother that has access to my library?

edit: What odd timing

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675377

About time, 10 computers is a lot but I am not complaining.

50 cents for yours =P

Sleep, Killer and Rangers I'm in clubs btw.

I'll join you guys in a bit if you're still playing.

subtles

I see what you're getting at but you need not worry. My excitement is contained within the online component of GTA as I typically don't enjoy online games. I honestly take the story component of video games as it comes as there are quite a few disappointments around, but the rare gem makes it worthwhile in the end.

Quite the cheek for a gormless, expendable lump of Muscle :p

Don't hesitate to give the order. We'll take care of him the moment he logs on. United are scheming every moment of every day so you must be ruthless.

Meier

They have since removed it lol

Haha, that's hilarious. Dumbasses.

I haven't been to IGN in literally years. I see they gave FM 13 a 9.0 though so at least they've wised up since this review. They liked Classic Mode in 13.. I still haven't touched it actually.

Arnie

2013%2f9%2fSusotopimage.jpg

Suso – Almería (on loan from Liverpool)

Unable to find a role for him in the current Liverpool setup, Brendan Rodgers judged it correctly that Suso needed more playing time elsewhere. Almería it seems, might just be the perfect move despite their impending battle with relegation across the course of the season. Suso has been handed the responsibility of playmaker-in-chief and with it a free role which allows him to penetrate defences from a variety of areas. Already he’s managed 2 assists, one of which a perfectly weighted pass behind the defence after roaming centrally.

2 key passes per game since the season began make him the joint-most efficient for Almería, while his 14 successful dribbles per game is the best in La Liga. More important than any assist or dribble however, is the continuity that Suso will gain from the loan. Rather than be in and out of proceedings, he’s been earmarked as a vital cog in the works that operate to keep Almería in La Liga – all while still just 19 years old.

THE RECKONING

tumblr_mdoxa9KYz61qbzd1go1_500.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Simone Pepe is out for 20 days with a muscle tear.

Yeah, the same muscle that ruled him out for a season.

Iaquinta 2.0

Barzul

Man great to see Özil is at Colney and meeting the other players. Glad Ox can walk for some reason thought he was on crutches. Hope we get so see him back sometime this year.

OT: How do I get added to list of ArsenalGAF in the OP?

Salvadora

Man great to see Özil is at Colney and meeting the other players. Glad Ox can walk for some reason thought he was on crutches. Hope we get so see him back sometime this year.

OT: How do I get added to list of ArsenalGAF in the OP?

pm Lambda with abuse

subtles

Do we know if Sturridge and Johnson will be fit for Swansea?

I'd take a draw

I think Johnson is out for 2 months and Sturridge will be a last minute decision.

I want us to go for a win not because I'm suddenly confident we're top dogs but because we don't have as much to lose as we've had a brilliant start.

Clegg

Michael Cox on Fellaini

Fellaini is a very different player to David Moyes's other central midfield targets – Luka Modric, Cesc Fábregas, Ander Herrera and Thiago Alcântara are neat, technical passers, whereas the Belgian is more renowned for his physique. At Everton, Moyes used Fellaini in four entirely different roles – as a makeshift lone striker, a second striker, a box-to-box midfielder and a deeper, more defensive player – and his role at United is likely to be a combination of the latter two. Michael Carrick remains United's first-choice central midfielder, and his positioning and passing over the past two years has been exceptional. Moyes will be reluctant to disturb his role, so Fellaini will presumably play in Tom Cleverley's position – battling in deep positions before shuttling forward into attack. It also gives United more license to play with a midfield trio against strong opponents – with Fellaini at the head of the triangle, pressing high up.

fuenf

As a Bayern I can only say that the PES demo is pretty amazing. Super Bayern Super Bayern hey hey. :) Now if only I could score a goal or dribble without losing the ball. :(

Labadal

Playing FIFA14 demo and sucking real hard. 50/50 in wins and losses on intermediate. I guess you guys play at highest difficulty?

subtles

ACNL bros: Holy shit, I've only been diving in a few times and just have turned in items to Blathers. I had nfc that they were worth so much potentially! :O

http://segmentnext.com/2013/06/10/animal-crossing-new-leaf-diving-and-sea-creatures-guide/

I caught two giant isopods in like 15 mins over lunch.. wow.

It's insane. The bank balance some of the more dedicated players have blows my mind.

I haven't enjoyed the game as much as I thought I would online as the AC community has been difficult to get into, but maybe that's just me.

Top Bottom