• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

GorillaJu

I never got into Halo, didn't find it particularly "fun"

Which is strange since I like FPS games.

Halo is floaty with projectiles, military FPS's are grounded and heavy with instant bullets.

Kind of like comparing a kart racer and a car racer. Fans of one fork of the genre certainly don't have to like the other.

DEUS EX!

It restored my hope in gaming and nicotine gum.

HR? I haven't played it, but I do have it on Steam. Of course the original DX was awesome, but that was in an era with System Shock 2, CS Beta, Half Life, Quake 2, Jedi Knight, etc. not exactly a dry spell in terms of quality

Mario Kart maybe fun but after 9 or so games I forget when it was still fun and new, who knows which one bud even means. CTR will always be great because there is only one and it is a pure awesome kart racer.

dat incredible female in your avatar

Also he's right.

I think Destiny is gonna restore my faith. Bioshock was good. Dishonored doesn't count I suppose.

Hes not. Halo, Killzone, Deus Ex: HR, Bioshock, Half-life 2 (not a fan personally but lots of people love it), Call of Duty, Battlefield, Far Cry, Crysis (first one anyway), Borderlands… I'm sure there are more.

Gaming is only getting better and better. We need a bit more variety going forwards but nostalgia is a terrible thing.

Titanfall looks good, dunno what other FPS are announced? Destiny, although I'm personally not interested in it currently.

FootballFan

Looooooooool

I'm sorry FF <3 but I simply had more fun with NV. The characters, quests and humour was so much better. F3 was too depressing and...brown.

Mr House!

lol I feel the opposite way.

I played FO3 on ps3 where it's supposed to be really glitchy(wasn't for me) and played NV on pc then tried again on ps3, just didn't enjoy it as much as fo3.

The story grabbed me more I guess. And Megaton was awesome. + Liam Neeson.

GorillaJu

Hes not. Halo, Killzone, Deus Ex: HR, Bioshock, Half-life 2 (not a fan personally but lots of people love it), Call of Duty, Battlefield, Far Cry, Crysis (first one anyway), Borderlands… I'm sure there are more.

Gaming is only getting better and better. We need a bit more variety going forwards but nostalgia is a terrible thing.

Titanfall looks good, dunno what other FPS are announced? Destiny, although I'm personally not interested in it currently.

See to me, out of all the games you listed, only Halo, Bioshock and Half-Life 2 are good. I don't think any of those other ones are good games.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
lol I feel the opposite way.

I played FO3 on ps3 where it's supposed to be really glitchy(wasn't for me) and played NV on pc then tried again on ps3, just didn't enjoy it as much as fo3.

The story grabbed me more I guess. And Megaton was awesome. + Liam Neeson.

Massive spoiler
did you MEET Mr.House?

One of the greatest moments this gen, truly.

FootballFan

As for Mario Karts I don't even know which I've played lol. I know for certain I played MK64, MK Wii, MK DS but I'm sure I've played a few others(not the gamecube one that's all I know)

sohois

Hes not. Halo (2001), Deus Ex: HR (2000), Bioshock(1994), Half-life 2(2004) (not a fan personally but lots of people love it), Call of Duty(2003), Battlefield(2002), Far Cry (2004), Crysis (first one anyway), Borderlands… I'm sure there are more.

In the 9 years since HL2 and Far Cry, that's 2 non-sequels that have been released into the fps genre. And we might as well consider Crysis as a Far Cry sequel (though the actual Far Cry sequels have been different enough themselves to warrant a place on the list).

I got rid of Killzone because its Killzone.

See to me, out of all the games you listed, only Halo, Bioshock and Half-Life 2 are good. I don't think any of those other ones are good games.

I missed Fallout too. Well, I'm not much of a fan of all of them at all, but I can see they're good games even if I'm not interested in them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No I didn't, I couldn't play past 10 hours or so of the game. Doubt I'll ever get back to it either, which is why I clicked your spoiler.

Oh well what are we doing here then? You can't compare the two without playing them to completion.

FF

trust me

you know nothing
about Mr.House

bud

fry8 --> schweini is genuinely the worst name change on this forum. ever.

what made you want to do that?

go back to fry, fry. you're fry. i always call you fry. i will keep calling you fry.

In the 9 years since HL2 and Far Cry, that's 2 non-sequels that have been released into the fps genre. And we might as well consider Crysis as a Far Cry sequel (though the actual Far Cry sequels have been different enough themselves to warrant a place on the list).

I got rid of Killzone because its Killzone.

Killzone 2 and 3 are excellent.
I could name games like Resistance (1/2/3) which I enjoyed, Bulletstorm which was excellent, Homefront a game I enjoyed a lot, Left for Dead, Portal, Dishonoured is listed under FPS on Wiki…
Metro, STALKER, ZombiU.

Theres more, I was trying not to list every FPS series but focus on the ones generally I thought were good. Theres plenty of quality and plenty of new stuff.

Titanfall looks good too, there will be more.

Fry

I really can't tell if you're serious or not. Felipe pls

I'm deadly serious. Embracing the mighty Yeezus.

fry8 --> schweini is genuinely the worst name change on this forum. ever.

what made you want to do that?

go back to fry, fry. you're fry. i always call you fry. i will keep calling you fry.

I tried, but it won't happen. I can't even pm the fry dude because he hasn't logged in in years, and I don't want Fry8 back. :(

It's either Fry or Felipeezus.

dc89

Pellegrini: "I know he had results against City when he managed Everton, I also have a good record against Everton"

FootballFan

Oh well what are we doing here then? You can't compare the two without playing them to completion.

FF

trust me

you know nothing
about Mr.House

But you laugh at Mad Men vs BreBad without seeing even 2 mins of MM, at least I tried NV :p

But no I agree, you're right.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm deadly serious. Embracing the mighty Yeezus.

I tried, but it won't happen. I can't even pm the fry dude because he hasn't logged in in years, and I don't want Fry8 back. :(

It's either Fry or Felipeezus.

Felipe Melo

But you laugh at Mad Men vs BreBad without seeing even 2 mins of MM, at least I tried NV :p

But no I agree, you're right.

But that's different!

It's like enjoying S1 of Mad Men then hating S2 without seeing even 2 mins of it.

My Mad Men hate is tongue-in-cheek. :p

Top Bottom