• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Lightning

Banned
Wenger says Arteta could be back for this weekend against Stoke. Oh yeah, that is great news and no new injuries.

If we get our players back we will be a force.

Splatt

Sandra Goldschmidt ‏@SanBorussia 13m
Klopp watched the match with Napoli's janitor on his couch after he was sent off and got the janitor Reus' shirt after the match. #BVB

DAT KLOPP!!

C0BU5Q1.jpg

?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
We could go for Mata in January mmm

I'll help!

He owns D.C United and Philadelphia 76ers.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

What's so funny about owning those teams? He has been a shit owner. (DC United fan) They finally announced a stadium deal that is still several years away and it still might not happen. They have neglected every other aspect of the team while trying to set up the new stadium.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We beat you again at the Emirates after you tried to screw our Ozil deal by delaying the Bale deal and even reports of Levy trying to ruin it afterwards when it was basically done. That Real partnership working out for ya?

You're going down!

Welcome back!

You'll see dude. In the reverse fixture Eriksen will strike you down and Sandro will eat Ozil.

You scored a nice goal in the derby but I think like the United-Chelsea match, it came a bit too early in the season to be indicative of anything. Still, it was a close game and we nearly pinched a point at the end, after two 5-2 defeats a 1-0 at least shows some kind of improvement. I think too many of our new signings just weren't ready for the battle that day, and having to play Dembele as a no 10 is not ideal. Arsenal were hungrier and wanted it more, it was a fair result but by the standards of recent NLDs a horrendously boring match.

Lightning

Banned
You'll see dude. In the reverse fixture Eriksen will strike you down and Sandro will eat Ozil.

You scored a nice goal in the derby but I think like the United-Chelsea match, it came a bit too early in the season to be indicative of anything. Still, it was a close game and we nearly pinched a point at the end, after two 5-2 defeats a 1-0 at least shows some kind of improvement. I think too many of our new signings just weren't ready for the battle that day, and having to play Dembele as a no 10 is not ideal. Arsenal were hungrier and wanted it more, it was a fair result but by the standards of recent NLDs a horrendously boring match.
Lets be honest we both know what we really want and that's to kick the crap out of Chelsea. How delightful will it be for Spurs and Arsenal to send Mou and Chelsea into the Europa league? Oh I so want us to beat Chelsea.

And the NLD was a bland game. We had too many injuries and you had too many new faces. Return leg should be a cracker of a game if we both have our full squads available to us.

We could go for Mata in January mmm

523b526f8636b.jpg

Conte should stop dicking around with these systems and just go 4-4-2. Tevez up top with the big man Llorente next to him. Perfect combination. Then Pogba with Vidal in the middle for that defensive steel and long range goals. Then you've got Pirlo on the right to whip in some crosses to the big man, and Marchisio on the left because there's nowhere else he can play.

I guarantee you'll win the Cornetto

Manager

I'm starting to get pre-derby nerves. I'll be a lot calmer if I knew Giggs and Young definitely weren't starting.

Rooney, Carrick and Felliani/Anderson will walk all over Yaya and Fernandinho if Pellegrini keep letting them be the only ones to cover central midfield. Aguero isn't gonna go as far back defensively as Rooney seems to be doing (?).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lets be honest we both know what we really want and that's to kick the crap out of Chelsea. How delightful will it be for Spurs and Arsenal to send Mou and Chelsea into the Europa league? Oh I so want us to beat Chelsea.

This is my dream. I will gladly link arms and dance into the CL with Arsenal if it means Chelsea finish 5th. We play them in 10 days and I think we have a great chance, their CM is dogshit and their strikers are all has-beens.

The defeat to Basel was delicious, keep laying those eggs Mou!

bjaelke

Thirty-two FAs considering EURO 2020 bids
The 32 member associations that have stated their interest, together with their proposed provisional host cities, are:
Armenia (Yerevan), Azerbaijan (Baku), Belarus (Minsk), Belgium (Brussels), Bulgaria (Sofia), Croatia (Zagreb), Czech Republic (Prague), Denmark (Copenhagen), England (London), Finland (Helsinki), France (Lyon), Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (Skopje), Germany (Munich), Greece (Athens), Hungary (Budapest), Israel (Jerusalem), Italy (Rome, Milan), Kazakhstan (Astana), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Poland (Warsaw, Chorzow), Portugal (Lisbon, Porto), Republic of Ireland (Dublin), Romania (Bucharest), Russia (St Petersburg), Scotland (Glasgow), Serbia (Belgrade), Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia), Sweden (Solna), Switzerland (Basel), Turkey (Istanbul), Ukraine (Kyiv, Donetsk) and Wales (Cardiff).

"We are extremely proud to see the huge interest in the bidding process, with more than half of our member associations willing to host matches at UEFA EURO 2020," said UEFA President Michel Platini. "The finals will be a great celebration of football across the European continent, and the 60th anniversary edition will be truly special, by really coming to the doorstep of all football fans."

Since hosting the 2020 EUROs doesn't grant automatic qualification to the tournament I'm baffled by the amount of interest shown.

Rooney, Carrick and Felliani/Anderson will walk all over Yaya and Fernandinho if Pellegrini keep letting them be the only ones to cover central midfield. Aguero isn't gonna go as far back defensively as Rooney seems to be doing (?).

My honest feeling is that it will be a turgid affair and both sides won't want to lose. It has draw written all over it.

Paul Kennedy ‏@pkedit
Proposed FIFA calendar from FIFA bid chief @MayneNicholls would have WC Qatar 2022 final same day as Super Bowl

League break: December 19th - February 13th.
World Cup: January 6th - February 6th.

Ridiculous. The leagues better fight it.

Kenka

Thirty-two FAs considering EURO 2020 bids

Since hosting the 2020 EUROs doesn't grant automatic qualification to the tournament I'm baffled by the amount of interest shown.
Full list of bidding countries:

Armenia (Yerevan), Azerbaijan (Baku), Belarus (Minsk), Belgium (Brussels), Bulgaria (Sofia), Croatia (Zagreb), Czech Republic (Prague), Denmark (Copenhagen), England (London), Finland (Helsinki), France (Lyon), Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (Skopje), Germany (Munich), Greece (Athens), Hungary (Budapest), Israel (Jerusalem), Italy (Rome and Milan), Kazakhstan (Astana), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Poland (Warsaw and Chorzow), Portugal (Lisbon and Porto), Republic of Ireland (Dublin), Romania (Bucharest), Russia (Saint Petersburg), Scotland (Glasgow), Serbia (Belgrade), Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Valencia), Sweden (Solna), Switzerland (Basel), Turkey (Istanbul), Ukraine (Kyiv and Donetsk) and Wales (Cardiff).

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fifa preload starts tonight at 7pm BST for pc owners :D

Lightning

Banned
This is my dream. I will gladly link arms and dance into the CL with Arsenal if it means Chelsea finish 5th. We play them in 10 days and I think we have a great chance, their CM is dogshit and their strikers are all has-beens.

The defeat to Basel was delicious, keep laying those eggs Mou!
Cardiff away is a banana skin fixture. People just expect to win these games when they can easily end in an annoying draw.

You seem to be getting some injuries too at a bad time. I really want you to beat Chelsea and they can be beat. Mou has pissed the bed with the way he has handled Mata who was their best player 2 years in a row and no one brought in is good enough to replace him. I can't understand what Mou's problem with Mata is, every team needs creativity, and Mata brings that and goals as well and better than anyone else in the Chelsea team.

The more Mata doesn't play the better for everyone else. Chelsea made an error letting Lukaku go, can't understand the logic behind that decision. Would have made sense if they got Rooney but they didn't get Rooney, they got an over the hill Eto'o.

pappe

Cardiff away is a banana skin fixture. People just expect to win these games when they can easily end in an annoying draw.

You seem to be getting some injuries too at a bad time. I really want you to beat Chelsea and they can be beat. Mou has pissed the bed with the way he has handled Mata who was their best player 2 years in a row and no one brought in is good enough to replace him. I can't understand what Mou's problem with Mata is, every team needs creativity, and Mata brings that and goals as well and better than anyone else in the Chelsea team.

The more Mata doesn't play the better for everyone else. Chelsea made an error letting Lukaku go, can't understand the logic behind that decision. Would have made sense if they got Rooney but they didn't get Rooney, they got an over the hill Eto'o.

Secret agent Mou.. He is destroying Chelsea from within before revealing himself as the real successor to SAF and taking over when Moyes is no longer needed.

Lightning

Banned
I wonder if the Emirates crowd will sing for Ozil during his first home game for our club? Hope so. Better be a great atmosphere there and better yet get a great result.

Top Bottom