• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

LTWheels

So Brendan has put down to not starting Enrique due to problems with his knee. He was afraid that if he gets properly injured then we would be without any fullbacks at all. Still says Kelly needs to get his fitness up.

K1LLER7

Just seen the Liverpool result.

Southampton are looking good. Lolerpool making a comeback. Can't wait till they finish 7th while the Moyes Boys win the league.

Its incredibly abject. I don't understand it. Why is Torres not playing? Eto'o does look livelier but half of them (Hazard, Rami, Mikel) haven't come back from summer holidays.

Mikel is just sank. Seriously, he just adds nothing. Why not put Essien in there? I have no idea if he'd be worse but I doubt thats possible.

The problem is the formation is shit. Jose was trying out 4-3-3 in the preseason friendlies. It has to happen even if it means sacrificing Oscar who has played well. Schurrle, Willian, KdB or Mata, whoever you fancy on the other wing to Hazard.

374046.jpg

Couldn't help myself

Ramires is just shit at the moment and has been for a seasons time. He runs around like a clueless headless chicken, makes lots of mistakes when passing it around especially around the box and doesn't even get in the way of much defensively, this means all play through the middle gets destrotyed as the other CM is Mikel who is also anything but a creative mastermind, it's fine having one not so technical gifted in there but when both can't put some tempo into the match to save their lives the match starts playing like this.

Meanwhile Cahill and Terry is a disaster in the back, Cahill will keep backing until he's in his own goal and Terry is just too slow. Then when Hazard and Oscar can't create something by themselves out of nothing there is no real goal chances.

Thinking Eto'o is doing fairly well with the little he is being given, he has also tried to create a bit himself, but at this moment a big fucker like Lukaku to just cross the ball into would be good... If only Chelsea had such a player....ugh

Edit : and fuck the waiter.

Arnie

Nitrocharge your game?

Have a word with adidas marketing Arnie
To be fair I think the Nitrocharge campaign is pretty good, even the slogan. They've carved out a niche for a line of boot that isn't the Predator or the F50, and that's not easy. #theengine

In a pit of football despair at the moment, but at least turgid MouBall is rivalling our own woefulness. Going to go watch Rush later with some salted popcorn and a pepsi. Need the white glare of a cinema screen to burn the tears from my eyeballs.

bud

Ramires is just shit at the moment and has been for a seasons time. He runs around like a clueless headless chicken, makes lots of mistakes when passing it around especially around the box and doesn't even get in the way of much defensively, this means all play through the middle gets destrotyed as the other CM is Mikel who is also anything but a creative mastermind, it's fine having one not so technical gifted in there but when both can't put some tempo into the match to save their lives the match starts playing like this.

Meanwhile Cahill and Terry is a disaster in the back, Cahill will keep backing until he's in his own goal and Terry is just too slow. Then when Hazard and Oscar can't create something by themselves out of nothing there is no real goal chances.

Thinking Eto'o is doing fairly well with the little he is being given, he has also tried to create a bit himself, but at this moment a big fucker like Lukaku to just cross the ball into would be good... If only Chelsea had such a player....ugh

Edit : and fuck the waiter.

lukaku won't change anything about the way chelsea are playing. what they need is a creative number ten to feed eto'o. i'm sure oscar will score a few goals here and there, but he's not the creative midfielder that chelsea need right now; he's more of a dribbler and goal scorer than a passer, imo.

if only they had a player like juan manuel mata garcia, commonly known as juan mata.

Walshy

if suso's supposed to be as 'good' as henderson, then i am so, so sorry.
Henderson has been great this year

But it was evident 2nd half of the swansea game he needed a rest, he looked exhausted.

Should of played allen or alberto in the middle

faridmon

Hope we loan Mata in January and buy him during the summer. Mata strikes me as sort of player who won't ask for huge wages.

FreeMata

To be fair I think the Nitrocharge campaign is pretty good, even the slogan. They've carved out a niche for a line of boot that isn't the Predator or the F50, and that's not easy. #theengine

I guess it doesn't need to sound correct, as long as they get the idea of energy across through colours and crazy words. I wouldn't be good at marketing.

Top Bottom