• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Wes

venison crêpe
Anyone else watching this new Football show on BBC? It's on for 45 minutes. Like a paper review/news show.

Manager

That's just infuriating.

Knee jerk reactions, revisionism, etc.

Incredibly disrespectful to a manager of Pelligrini's calibre, and far too kind to Mancini who was abysmal in Europe and tore the club apart from the inside. Oh but he was fun to the media. Great.

The most ridiculous thing is at 0:50. "Only the players who weren't regulars had a problem with him! Yaya had no issue with him, Aguero neither, only the ones who weren't always in his eleven. Alright, maybe he didn't get along with everyone but it was a style that drove everyone on"

Well fuck me Yaya and Aguero, world class players who are on £140k a week and play every week, they just won the title. Mancini pissed off everyone outside of that and you're saying that isn't a problem? The rotation players were pissed at him since he never talked to anyone and kept publicly slagging them off (even Kompany, Hart, Nasri). Not even mentioning how he handle Balotelli and Tevez.

What I really disliked the most was how he had to comment everything, every other manager, every other club, his own players performances ("he was poor!", "I want to punch Nasri in the face!"). Pellegrini being very supporting on his own players and never commentating other players is such a fresh set of air, even though the journalists hates it.

It's funny how they keep fishing headlines out of Pellegrini. That Ladyman kept asking him about the mental state of City players, three times. Pellegrini finally said "City players have stronger mental state, they're strong", being supportive. Obviously was all over the headlines next day, they finally got something out of him.

I'm glad Manager is back with us.

Where were you last year?

I think City will win 2-0 but any result is realistically possible. Also expecting a poor quality game.

Manager

I'm glad Manager is back with us.

Where were you last year?

I think City will win 2-0 but any result is realistically possible. Also expecting a poor quality game.

Thanks, finishing up last part of university so I've had to cut off foruming and gaming, so I've mostly been here on match days.

Manager

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud
Viviano, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Arteta, Monreal, Bendtner, Gnabry.

Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Huth, Pieters; Walters, Wilson, Nzonzi, Adam, Arnautovic; Jones
Sorensen, Whelan, Pennant, Palacios, Crouch, Etherington, Ireland.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mancini pulled the same merda with Merda until they sacked him.

Just an awful coach and human being. I'm glad his Sampdoria teammate(s) fucked his wife.

Thanks, finishing up last part of university so I've had to cut off foruming and gaming, so I've mostly been here on match days.
Gaming Is crap anyway.

Good luck with Uni, feels great when you're done with "education". Felt great for me anyway.

I don't really think they pooped on Pelligrini that much in that video clip. Neil Custis just loved Mancini and it's him going on about it. I think the few points they made about Pellegrini are right, not been a great start, too early to judge and he fits the "holistic" approach.

Manager

Gaming I crap anyway.

Good luck with Uni, feels great when you're done with "education". Felt great for me anyway.

I don't really think they pooped on Pelligrini that much in that video clip. Neil Custis just loved Mancini and it's him going on about it. I think the few points they made about Pellegrini are right, not been a great start, too early to judge and he fits the "holistic" approach.

They focused a lot on how Mancini shouldn't have been fired, but anyone should've been able to see a change was needed. Pellegrini still seem like the logical choice with the options available and I don't see Mancini possessing anything Pellegrini doesn't.

It was also interesting to see them comparing City's approach with directors, and United's "manager decides all" approach. It's great if you have Ferguson, but will Moyes be able to be as good decision maker? A lot of United fans didn't seem to like how he let some coaches go, and he did say/do some weird things regarding the summer transfers. But still early days obviously and I guess we don't know yet if Moyes will have less power than Ferguson had.

They focused a lot on how Mancini shouldn't have been fired, but anyone should've been able to see a change was needed. Pellegrini still seem like the logical choice with the options available and I don't see Mancini possessing anything Pellegrini doesn't.

It was also interesting to see them comparing City's approach with directors, and United's "manager decides all" approach. It's great if you have Ferguson, but will Moyes be able to be as good decision maker? A lot of United fans didn't seem to like how he let some coaches go, and he did say/do some weird things regarding the summer transfers. But still early days obviously and I guess we don't know yet if Moyes will have less power than Ferguson had.

I think people are being hugly revisionist with Alex Ferguson, and acting as though the power he had at Man Utd was a club-wide doctrine granted to him as soon as he became manager, rather than him earning that power year after year.

Moyes should not be given that amount of power until he's proved himself capable of handling it

As I said I think it's just Neil Custis who keeps on banging that drum. He was a massive mate of Mancini's and always has and seemingly always will continue to support him. It's a more pro-Mancini piece than anti-Pellegrini, different things IMO.

We will find out about Moyes but for now I am happy with the manager being in charge of most things. I'm sceptical about the whole DoF thing, it's successful elsewhere and it's starting to show some signs of success here but for our club I just don't think it fits right.

From the media's point of view you have to remember the DoF approach is alien to us here, we doubt it and I think generally we don't really understand it. The way Sam Wallace spoke about Ancelotti in that segment sums it up, for us that kind of thing is a little weird...elsewhere it's just normal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Official Juventus XI: Storari; Barzagli, Bonucci, Ogbonna; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah; Tevez, Llorente

The%20Lion%20King%202.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Merda winning 7-0.

Would it be possible to just relegate Sassuolo now and let the other 19 sides have a by-week when their match comes up?

and I can't believe Francesco Acerbi was in Prandelli's squad not that long ago. Milan dodged a fucking bullet.

Anderson

Theo out, Gnarby in. That's a shame, was hoping he would press on from his volley mid week, just illness though

Interesting to see Gnarby

Top Bottom