• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

The mastermind behind the title

UaZhH1c.png

Arnie

Arsenal fans predicting doom and gloom because of a single poor week is understandable. Arsenal's season inevitably falls apart in such a week during February. They're used to it.

You watching the match today Lightning or having another kip?

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal fans predicting doom and gloom because of a single poor week is understandable. Arsenal's season inevitably falls apart in such a week during February. They're used to it.

You watching the match today Lightning or having another kip?
What is kip? And your result against Southampton hasn't changed my view on Liverpool. I've said you weren't a threat before that loss and nothing has changed that.

And of course I'm going to watch the stoke game.

Manager

Things I'd love to see today:
- Fernandinho showing signs of getting used to the pace of PL
- Navas, run fast, I've seen it on Youtube
- Nasri continuing his good form
- Central midfield not being overrun completely
- Yaya not deciding to take a day off

I'm not gonna ask Dzeko to not miss a sitter because it defeats the Law Of Dzeko. And hopefully Jovetic and Negredo will get their chance as subs today.

fuenf

footyGAF I need your technical advice, I've got the choice between 2 different internetptoviders:
  • one offers cable with 100mbit/s down and 2,5mbit/s up
  • the other one offers vdsl with 50 / 10 mbit/s

cable would cost a little bit less than 30€ a month on 2 year contract, vdsl 35€ a month without a contract. I'm leaning towards cable, but I'm unsure whether the 10mbit upload would be beneficial for the ps4 & more future proof in general.

Sassuolo: Pomini; Gazzola, Rossini, Acerbi, Ziegler; Kurtic, Magnanelli, Chibsah; Schelotto, Floro Flores, Missiroli

Inter: Handanovic; Campagnaro, Ranocchia, Juan Jesus; Jonathan, Guarin, Cambiasso, Taider, Nagatomo; Alvarez; Palacio

Fuck Mazzarri and is hatred of youth. Last year no Insigne and now he wants to keep Icardi on the bench.

Hixx

Mirror thinks Di Matteo is who we would replace Di Canio with.

While I'm not calling for Paolo's head yet, I wouldn't be too upset with that. He's got to show he has more up his sleeve than 4-4-2 against Liverpool and Man United or we are going to get tucked 4 or 5 in each game.

Salvadora

I feel like there'll be a lack of cutting edge across the board. Don't expect City to do much, either.
We saw glimpses of the old Rooney against Bayer Leverkusen, think if they have any joy it'll be from him.

Really don't know what to expect from City though, didn't watch their CL game but they've been playing rather poorly so far from what I've seen.

footyGAF I need your technical advice, I've got the choice between 2 different internetptoviders:
  • one offers cable with 100mbit/s down and 2,5mbit/s up
  • the other one offers vdsl with 50 / 10 mbit/s

cable would cost a little bit less than 30€ a month on 2 year contract, vdsl 35€ a month without a contract. I'm leaning towards cable, but I'm unsure whether the 10mbit upload would be beneficial for the ps4 & more future proof in general.

If you're going to be using remote play on PS4 go for the higher upload.

1273570_10151736177452713_1947367386_o.jpg

I would love to get my hands on one. 100 years of North London dominance. Nearly 20 years since my first game at Highbury.
1-0 win against Torino

Manager

You haven't seen Navas' pace, Manager? Sure we saw it against Newcastle in the first game.

Lovely little player he is.

I've seen a few short sprints, but most of the time he doesn't get in positions where he has open space to run on. Most opposition teams obviously back up, minimising that space for him. City fans are also blaming Zabaleta a bit, saying he runs too much into that space Navas should be. IDK.

Anyway, if United go on a bit more offense than Hull and Stoke, Navas might get some more space to run on. I don't expect much though. Navas is pretty good at free roaming, passing, better than I expected. He alone created like 6 corners against Plzen by just short burst and cross.

Arnie

More excited for Milan Napoli than the Manchester game, to be honest. The derbies are rarely exciting, and more just a battle between two sides desperate not to lose. It's like a game of slappies.

Wilbur

Banned
More excited for Milan Napoli than the Manchester game, to be honest. The derbies are rarely exciting, and more just a battle between two sides desperate not to lose. It's like a game of slappies.

Game at the Etihad last year was great.

Gutted I'm missing it. Gonna try and get my break so I can pop down the pub and watch the last 20 minutes

Manager

I think they have been very good ever since that 4-3 Owen late winner. 6-1, the 1-0 game which created the City PL title, Rooney over-head kick, RVP last-minute freekick winner, all good action.

Arnie

Game at the Etihad last year was great.

Gutted I'm missing it. Gonna try and get my break so I can pop down the pub and watch the last 20 minutes
Can't remember it.
I think they have been very good ever since that 4-3 Owen late winner. 6-1, the 1-0 game which created the City PL title, Rooney over-head kick, RVP last-minute freekick winner, all good action.
There have been some crackers, but the ones that stick out in my mind are those that end up a stalemate, punctuated by one or two moments of adventure. I just feel like every season I get really excited for this one and it lets me down, so I've learnt to not expect too much.

And of course this is ending a draw.

Haha Brøndby are about to make Boulahrouz their most wage expensive player in their history.... a man who has played less than 100 matches since 2006.

Also Erikssen is claiming he declined City last year.

K1LLER7

Fiorentina
Juventus
Napoli
Arsenal
Tottenham
Rubin Kazan
Porto
Benfica
Madrid
Villareal

All to win. Listen to me Lambada pisscum.

Manager

Fuck I don't get it, a lot press keep saying "City should've kept Mancini". Mancini never had a plan B and criminally underperformed with the squad he had. And the fact that he REALLY wanted to spludge £50-60m on Cavani this summer shows that FFP and him doesn't go hand in hand. And the fact that a lot of people seemed to hate him in the club, that he acted like some diva and wouldn't greet people and support players.

When you act like Mancini and it goes well, you win matches in the beginning, you "create winners".. But over time you create more and more enemies and at some point it boils over. Di Canio is an expert on this too apparently.

Sky pooping on Pellegrini today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WMhzak6iefA

Arnie

Also Erikssen is claiming he declined City last year.

A wise move on his part.

He has the opportunity to go and be a star at Spurs. For City he'd just be another good player in a handful of good players, all of whom would be pressured to start because of the price tag associated with them.

Top Bottom