• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

I keep seeing comments from Jose saying that Mata hasn't been playing well, yet I can't remember him playing much at all recently to prove himself. Meanwhile, Hazard seems to play constantly and I don't think he has been particularly great. Certainly has yet to live up to his hype. Makes me wonder what is going on.

Zabojnik

I keep seeing comments from Jose saying that Mata hasn't been playing well, yet I can't remember him playing much at all recently to prove himself. Meanwhile, Hazard seems to play constantly and I don't think he has been particularly great. Certainly has yet to live up to his hype. Makes me wonder what is going on.

It's all a prelude to Abramovich abandoning ship and Chelsea selling players Anzhi-style. We'll take Mata and Eva.

It was a compliment, since you actually do take the time to listen/watch. It may take you some time, but better late than never. :p

Aha, isn't that the truth. There's so many things to watch, play and do these days it's hard to keep up, it doesn't help when you have an obsession with experiencing everything.

#Yolo truly

GorillaJu

Managers see their players 25+ hours during the week in training and 90 minutes or less on the weekend. We only see a small fraction of the player.

Zabojnik

I can't hate any club these days, only Inter remains. We'll see how it goes with Napoli and how obnoxious their fans (not counting Footy-GAFers, of course) will get over time, but for now ... I'm actually enjoying having them as adversaries, unlike in previous seasons. I guess much of it has to do with Walter 'Human Turd' Mazzarri finally leaving. Rafa's alright.

Manager

Today is Nasri day! He'll be incredibly important today, been so good lately and he must take revenge after that freekick. If Silva is out, he'll be the main creative outlet, most stuff has been coming through him in the last few matches.

Salazar

Today is Nasri day!

tyUKYOM.gif

Lingard must be so hyped. Cracking start.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LTTP: Anime/Manga/etc discussion

The only relevant one is Jojo. Everything else pales/sucks in comparison. Not that I'm pretending to be an expert or anything.
Llorente finally starting, wohooo.

du0l.gif

And Storari, lol.

Conte is setting himself up nicely for a media backlash.

I might be the only Juventino on earth who doesn't rate Storari (anymore). He was very good during Delneri's reign of terror, but now he's just fat and his attention span is shorter than mine during an episode of Orange Is the New Black.

I can't hate any club these days, only Inter remains. We'll see how it goes with Napoli and how obnoxious their fans (not counting Footy-GAFers, of course) will get over time, but for now ... I'm actually enjoying having them as adversaries, unlike in previous seasons. I guess much of it has to do with Walter 'Human Turd' Mazzarri finally leaving. Rafa's alright.

Napoli are alright. I'm immensely proud of their European exploits and their newly acquired 'hipster team' status.

Sooner or later, Rafa will open his mouth though.

Zabojnik

And Storari, lol.

Conte is setting himself up nicely for a media backlash.

I might be the only Juventino on earth who doesn't rate Storari (anymore). He was very good during Delneri's reign of terror, but now he's just fat and his attention span is shorter than mine during an episode of Orange Is the New Black.

Judging by the word on Juve forums, you're most definitely not the only one who doesn't rate Storari. :D I share your opinion, but I don't care enough about our 2nd keeper to be really bothered by it. And to be perfectly honest, as far back as I can remember, that's how it's always been with 2nd/3rd keepers. It's kinda unrealistic to expect greatness from a player that barely gets to play. Rampulla was the same as Storari. Good on a good day / year, not that unreliable on any other day / in his twilight years. It's just how it is.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Judging by the word on Juve forums, you're most definitely not the only one who doesn't rate Storari. :D I share your opinion, but I don't care enough about our 2nd keeper to be really bothered by it. And to be perfectly honest, as far back as I can remember, that's how it's always been with 2nd/3rd keepers. It's kinda unrealistic to expect greatness from a player that barely gets to play. Rampulla was the same as Storari. Good on a good day / year, not that unreliable on any other day / in his twilight years. It's just how it is.

Then why use him? No reason to rest Buffon whatsoever.

I still blame him for Coppa Italia's defeat.

FootballFan

Had no idea PSG was playing Monaco. A lot of games I want to watch, all at f'ing 1am to 7am. :(

Roma - Lazio
Man C - Man U
Milan - Napoli
PSG - Monaco

PSV - Ajax too. Sevilla and Valencia are doing shit so far but would like to watch that as well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
From Tim Parks’ "A Season With Verona" book.

It was a game against Juventus that finally shifted something in my psyche. I’d been in Italy about twelve years by then (twenty now). For a couple of seasons I’d been a desultory spectator at the Bentegodi. I had the excuse of my son, Michele, who was now just about old enough to sit through a game. Anyhow, the ground was unusually full that day, and when Juventus scored I realised why. The Curva Nord, the ‘guest area’, exploded with joy. That was to be expected. These people had bought their tickets in Turin. But then large areas of the more expensive stands were on their feet too, cheering and waving their black-and-white scarves. These people must be Veronese, born and bred. Yet they were supporting Juventus, a team synonymous with money and power, a team, in short, like Manchester United.

The Curva Sud rose as one man, besides themselves with rage, hurling their bodies against the perimeter fences. “Bastardi” they shrieked “Traditori.” My son too, in his shrill voice, was shouting, “Bastardi!” He meant it. Verona is a small club, it needs all the help it can get. “We know your names!” the fans began to chant. “We have your addresses!”

Then, caught up in the intensity of the emotions, I made a weird association. I have their addresses too, I thought. They are the addresses of all those well-to-do families whose children I gave English lessons to when I first arrived in Verona, families who paid late, cancelled at the last minute, asked if you had a proper hanger for their fur coats, departed without warning for Cortina or Buenos Aires and, in general, lived lives of enviable and obtuse complacency. People like that, I told myself, can’t bring themselves to support a team that might go into Serie B, so they whore after the interminable success of the wealthy giants.

Fucking Juanpablos, let's burn them to the ground.

bjaelke

Nicklas Bendtner will return from the football wilderness on Sunday after being surprisingly included in the Arsenal squad to play Stoke City, Goal can reveal.

i have produced a bet:

- Arse to draw
- City to win
- Fiorentina to win
- Benfica to win

10€ nets me 150€ profit.

probably gonna do a crazy 1€ bet.

GorillaJu

Praying that Stoke do the business. City as well. Need badly to feel better after last night.

Haha you got it, Yurt :)

But if you wanted extra nerd cred you could have said "pawned" before millions of idiots misunderstood the concept and it got changed to "pwned"

Lightning

Banned
Cardiff better not screw up and lose...

Liverpool fans should get used to what happened against Southampton. It's going to happen more often, your team sucks.

Lol. Not sure how I feel about Bendtner wearing the Arsenal shirt again after everything he's said and done. Depends how he performs I guess, I'm not expecting anything from him.

I suspect he will use us for match fitness only.

Seeing him and that c*nt Falamini on the field sickens me. I dont hate Bendtner as much as Flamini, but all his talk about never wanting to play for Arsenal again and then not being willing to lower his wages to move makes me so angry.

I root for Flamini to get a broken leg everytime he has the ball, Bendtner I hope gets a hamstring injury and goes back to obscurity.

Code:
Futebol - Itália - Serie A
Sassuolo - Inter
Resultado :Sassuolo  (Quotas : 4.30)

Futebol - Itália - Serie A
Milan - Nápoles
Resultado :Nápoles (Quotas : 2.75)

Futebol - Espanha - Primera
Bétis - Granada
Resultado :Granada (Quotas : 4.75)

Futebol - Inglaterra - Prem. League
Crystal Palace - Swansea
Resultado :Swansea (Quotas : 2.10)

Futebol - França - Ligue 1
Paris SG - Mónaco
Resultado :Mónaco (Quotas : 4.25)

Futebol - França - Ligue 1
Lorient - Bordéus
Resultado :Bordéus (Quotas : 3.10)

Futebol - Portugal - Primeira Liga
Nacional - Académica
Resultado :Nacional  (Quotas : 2.10)

1€ nets me 3250€. if i win i'll buy one of you knobs a Vita.

GorillaJu

Cardiff better not screw up and lose...

Let's be realistic here. Stoke are proper shit away from home but you'd never discount the possibility of an upset or a goalless draw with them.

Cardiff are gonna get pooped on.

Liverpool fans should get used to what happened against Southampton. It's going to happen more often, your team sucks.

I'm inclined to agree, especially coming from an Arsenal fan. You guys definitely understand the feeling of having a shit team.

Top Bottom