• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

For the people doubting Wenger, I can't find the quotes but it was said this summer that in past seasons since the move, we have no had the financial capabilities to compete with the bigger clubs on signings. I know it goes against everything that was said every summer, but it's the truth. There's also some good articles out there with comparisons on the amount of money spent on players and wages, and how a team performs, and we have overperformed every season since moving.

We have high wages, but we don't spend nearly the same as United, City and Chelsea do, and the last few seasons have spent less than Spurs, and yet we still get into the top 4. People ragging on him for the last 4 or 5 seasons needs to stop. He's been taking the brunt of the blame from the fans in order to make the club financially stable and profitable for the long haul. Now we have the money to spend and a great team. Let's see how all this plays out with the team and his contract first before shitting on his pedigree again. The footballing world is much different now than it was 10 years ago. Information is so easily available and it's harder to find good deals on great unknown players. I think we've done admirably for the amount of money we've spent.

http://swissramble.blogspot.dk/

This article kinda proves the arsenal not having money theory as bull. Arsenal could have spend big in any number of seasons but chose not to and it list a variety of reasons that they might have chosen not to.

I personally would have spent money in the past. You spend money to strengthen the team and it brings more chance of trophy success, which in turn brings in more revenue through winnings, tv money, shirt sales, increased commercial opportunities. It also keeps players happy and attracts new players.

RM spend money to make money. Arsenal could have spent less money and still seen huge revenue jumps.

Think of the two deals we have recently signed with Puma and emirates. they are huge, but they could have been even bigger if we had been winning trophies the last few years. Nike did not see it as worthwhile to match their first refusal right on the Puma offer.

Wilbur said:
Arsenal have some of the most fickle fans in the league. Not saying they all are, and christ fucking knows United do, but a lot of them wanted Wenger out before he bought Ozil and now he's a god again

oh wait now some can't wait for him to leave

Fucking spoilt, mang

I know it was not meant to me, but I am most definitely not a fickle fan.

I have been wanting Wenger gone since 09.

Right now I am happy that Wenger did spend money, but had RM not been willing to seell than we had no backup option and we were screwed. it was a terrible summer except for 24 hours. Even Wenger now says the squad is a little thin when he had all those months to strengthen it but did nothing.

I still do not thing that long term he is the right man for us. We might win the league this year, but it will be mainly down to the poor quality in the league.

I would gladly take Wenger winning the title in his last season before moving to PSG. :D

Dailystar lol.

ibfL5VxRvtkiXF.gif

Named provisional squad: De Gea, Lindegaard, Amos, Rafael, Fabio, Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Buttner, Thorpe, Valencia, Giggs, Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini, Anderson, Kagawa, Nani, Young, Cole, Welbeck, Rooney, Hernandez, Keane.

It would be a disgrace if Januzaj isn't part of it, but Cole, Keane, Thorpe, etc... are there. Still, I doubt that happens. Also, Fellaini is cup tied so that has to be wrong.

We may not have a choice with the injuries.

That is too many first teamers in your list, but you might not be too far off. Giroud especially needs a night off. It's just a shame so many of our young players are injured (like Zelalem).

I meant for Swansea. I know none of those lot, except Arteta will play tomorrow.

Salvadora

Shanks D Zoro is our equivalent of Naughty God :p

Although I can't forget Mr.Marston saying that he would sell Wilshere for £30m.
I meant for Swansea. I know none of those lot, except Arteta will play tomorrow.
I'm very interested to see that the signing of Flamini means that Arsene will play Arteta further forward.

I very much miss his creativity.

Manager

Pantilimon, Richards, Boyata, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Fernandinho, Garcia, Lopes, Dzeko, Jovetic

Marcos Lopes, very promising 17 y/o.

omgkitty

I still do not thing that long term he is the right man for us. We might win the league this year, but it will be mainly down to the poor quality in the league.

I would gladly take Wenger winning the title in his last season before moving to PSG. :D

If we win the league this season and people say it was only because the league was weak this year or other teams were shit, you don't deserve to be an Arsenal fan and can fuck off. People will make any excuse to shit on Wenger.

Wilbur

Banned
I downloaded the United vs Aberdeen pre season friendly from last year. Januzaj was already the best player on the pitch at 17 years old.

Maybe he's being saved for WBA ?!??!?!?!!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!?!!?!?!

if this is the case the cum will drip from me

What an utter terrible match lol

At least we now know that Lewandowski isn't playing bad against Bayern on purpose. He just is shit playing in the Allianz Arena. So, have fun with him next season, Bayern :D

justjohn

that would be a very tough call for the higher ups to make. If he misses out on CL qualification with the team that won the league, he would have nowhere to hide. Finishing 4th and progressing out of this CL group must be the bare minimums.

edit: Which I am sure he will do
or rather Giggs and SAF in the background
They wont sack him. Manchester united football club sticks by its managers through thick and thin. Unlike those plastic clubs in london and madrid who go through managers like its nothing. This is a real club

Wilbur

Banned
They wont sack him. Manchester united football club sticks by its managers through thick and thin. Unlike those plastic clubs in london and madrid who go through managers like its nothing. This is a real club

It'll be funny when Chelsea finish fifth and Mourinho gets sacked and you attempt to burn your plastic flag to the ground

it will only melt

I'm very interested to see that the signing of Flamini means that Arsene will play Arteta further forward.

I very much miss his creativity.
t

Will be interesting how he is used. I would prefer the Arteta/ramsey partnership to continue. They actually had the 3rd most tackles of any cm pairing. So the cunt flamini is not gonna drastically improve our ball winning abilities. Especially as he never really stays in the centre of the park. he is always going for a walk somewhere else. There were a few occssions at the weekend when you could have parked a bus between our back four and the midfield. That was what he was meant to protect and he has not done all that amazing a job.

Keep Arteta as the "protector" of the back four and Ramsey next to him as the engine. He could really develop as one of the best box to box guys in the world if he continues this form. that is even if the goals dry up.

of course i just get angry everytime i see him on the pitch so ignore me

Manager

Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, D Luiz, Cahill, Bertrand; Essien (C), Van Ginkel; De Bruyne, Mata, Willian; Torres
Blackman, Terry, Ramires, Baker, Schurrle, Ba, Eto’o.

Manager

Wigan: Nicholls, Boyce, Rogne, Barnett, Crainey, McCann, Espinoza, Gomez, Fyvie, Garcia, Dicko

Basically backup/bench players only, this is their 3rd game in 6 days. Interesting, hopefully Jovetic and Dzeko can have a good time.

City subs:
Wright, Nastasic, Toure, Navas, Nasri, Negredo, Kolarov

No Guidetti on the bench. He's never gonna play.

He wrote on his Twitter he's not ready yet, but soon.

Not a bad side we're putting out tonight. 8 changes from the weekend.

Villa's team looks like a bunch of regens. I'll look stupid if we lose, but it's true.

Salvadora

t

Will be interesting how he is used. I would prefer the Arteta/ramsey partnership to continue. They actually had the 3rd most tackles of any cm pairing. So the cunt flamini is not gonna drastically improve our ball winning abilities. Especially as he never really stays in the centre of the park. he is always going for a walk somewhere else. There were a few occssions at the weekend when you could have parked a bus between our back four and the midfield. That was what he was meant to protect and he has not done all that amazing a job.

Keep Arteta as the "protector" of the back four and Ramsey next to him as the engine. He could really develop as one of the best box to box guys in the world if he continues this form. that is even if the goals dry up.

of course i just get angry everytime i see him on the pitch so ignore me
I think you're right, he will probably stick with the Arteta/Ramsey partnership. Ramsey has been unleashed on Europe and I don't think he'll stop now, where did that clinicalness come from?!?!

Flamini is an odd one, I never really know exactly what he's doing but it seems to work.

If we win the league this season and people say it was only because the league was weak this year or other teams were shit, you don't deserve to be an Arsenal fan and can fuck off. People will make any excuse to shit on Wenger.

I would love it if Arsenal go out and win the league by 10 points a nice convincing win, but sometimes clubs just have good years when everyone else has bad.

The year city won the league is an example. Both them and United were awful and both clubs kept throwing away the chance to win the league. City did not go out and dominate the league and really deserve that title, but neither did United.

It is not just wenger, a lot of people feel Allegri won the title in Italy because everyone else around him were awful.

I do not know your credentials, but I am an Arsenal die hard and was born just down the road. My Nonna still lives 100 metres from the stadium and I have been attending games since 1994.

If something is rotting, I say it. Arsenal are bigger than one man I hopefully will be supporting Arsenal for a long time to come so I hope that the club will always have the best possible man in charge. At this moment in time I do not believe Wenger is that man.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
#THFC: Friedel, Walker, Vertonghen, Chiriches, Paulinho, Lamela, Holtby, Defoe, Sandro, Fryers, Kane.

Subs: Gomes, Soldado, Naughton, Townsend, Dembele, Dawson, Chadli. #THFC

If we get any injuries going to kill you, AVB. Paulinho and Walker shouldn't be starting this match. Shame Kaboul hasn't recovered.

I think you're right, he will probably stick with the Arteta/Ramsey partnership. Ramsey has been unleashed on Europe and I don't think he'll stop now, where did that clinicalness come from?!?!

Flamini is an odd one, I never really know exactly what he's doing but it seems to work.

It must have been from having a whole summer fully fit and in his more mature years. It is a shame whoscored dont kept last years stats on, because it defiently feels like he is getting into the box and shooting more.

I think his whole overall game is better. I think before he thought he was Pirlo and could spray the ball 50 yards and see it go out of play. Now he is a lot more composed and always seems to pick the right ball out.

Top Bottom