• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

jtb

Banned
It must have been from having a whole summer fully fit and in his more mature years. It is a shame whoscored dont kept last years stats on, because it defiently feels like he is getting into the box and shooting more.

I think his whole overall game is better. I think before he thought he was Pirlo and could spray the ball 50 yards and see it go out of play. Now he is a lot more composed and always seems to pick the right ball out.

I agree with this. He's not the best passer in the world, but he seems to have improved his decision making, along with really improving his close control. He's best utilized as someone who can carry the ball through midfield, rather than just pass it, I think. I'm really looking forward to an Arteta/Ramsey pairing.

LTWheels

Is there a recall clause?

:(

Nah keep him out there. Let him develop. If he was in the uk, he and Alberto would be both competing to be Cout's cover. This way it gives a chance for both to develop.

They are playing tonight at around 9pm uk time I think. Will be a nice preview for tomorrow. :)

Salvadora

It must have been from having a whole summer fully fit and in his more mature years. It is a shame whoscored dont kept last years stats on, because it defiently feels like he is getting into the box and shooting more.

I think his whole overall game is better. I think before he thought he was Pirlo and could spray the ball 50 yards and see it go out of play. Now he is a lot more composed and always seems to pick the right ball out.
I seem to remember him being a Mikel-esque figure last season when it came to shooting. He got the odd goal, but so many shots went into space. I agree about him being mature, you watch his interviews and he looks wise beyond his years. That time on the sidelines must have shaped his person and made him the player he is now.

I think you're being a tad hyperbolic in regards to Arsenal as a whole. Yeah things haven't gone smoothly over the past few years (Wenger was responsible for at least some of it), but there is a great many things to be proud of. City and Chelsea have spend incredible amounts of money to get to where they are now. I think Wenger does a fantastic job on the pitch*, it tends to be the off the pitch stuff that gets to me.

*Something is definitely rotten in our medical team.

FootballFan

Munchen's keeper is wearing sweat pants.

And there's a visible ring of sweat around his buttocks.

image.php

flyover

Wonder how many matches it'll be til people realise how stupid the notion of 'Liverpool are better without Suarez' is. 1, hopefully.

How many journalists/analysts were disappointed when Liverpool lost on Saturday? I'm sure some already had pre-written a story template with exactly that as its lede, to be used the first time Liverpool lose after his return.

justjohn

3-0 and I switched off. Im sure I'll regret it when sociedad mount an epic 4-3 comeback to confirm lol liga as the most exciting league in the world.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck Messi could have four now if he didn't suddenly suck at finishing haha

I like watching Barca when they play like this. Bit boring they win so easily but they're lovely to watch when they actually try and get forward with pace instead of just knobbing it about endlessly.

FootballFan

Messi pls. Neymar would have 3 assists if you finished.

Need a gif of that amazing passing and dribbling(and then stop the gif just as Messi kicks).

Meanwhile in the Champions League, Madrid won 6-1 and Barca won 4-0.

Just that good bro.

Serie A is the best league in the world, there are no easy games that by the time the knockouts come the Italian teams have spent more energy than spain or germany.

RM and Barca can have fun in their league:D

FootballFan

I like watching Barca when they play like this. Bit boring they win so easily but they're lovely to watch when they actually try and get forward with pace instead of just knobbing it about endlessly.

It's Neymar, he adds directness, and Martino isn't obsessed with possession, so that helps too. Just gotta sort out the defending... 27 year old Puyol come back pls.

Suen

Agree with this, absolutely amazing when they push hard.

FootballFan

Serie A is the best league in the world, there are no easy games that by the time the knockouts come the Italian teams have spent more energy than spain or germany.

RM and Barca can have fun in their league:D

Nowhere did I say that isn't true. :) just pointing out, Barca and Madrid do the same to 80% of the teams in the CL.

Serie A is great.

Top Bottom