• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Manager

MEN saying Rodwell is available for tonight.

Agreed. Jack really flourished in that attacking role at the end of last season.. struggled early on with some defensive blunders which I think really hurt his confidence. When he's given some room to get forward, he looks more comfortable.

The less we have to play Javi, the better.. so if it means fewer forward runs for Fernandinho so that he stays fit, I'm all for it. :lol

Javi Garcia... incredible buy.

He went to Barca. He didn't leave Arsenal for a shitty side, or it wasn't a sideways move. He went to arguably the best side in the world, you know? Same with Fabregas.

RVP went to a side with a manager who was one of the only ones better than Wenger, and were in an instant position to win the league.

I think Wenger is very flawed at times, but he's certainly a far bigger plus for Arsenal than a minus.

hence the loyalty. RVP could have gone to Juve but he embarrassingly forced Wenger to sell him to a club he said he would never sale anyone to.

Song jumped ship first time a major club came calling.Vidal turned down RM because he wanted to stay at Juve. He buys into Conte. Pires and Overmars left when Barca were in a dodgy period.

Also it is amazing that the cunt Flamini is back, he basically did the same thing to us that Sol did to Spurs.

Meier

Walcott having abdominal surgery and he'll be out at least a month.
Arsenal have suffered yet another injury blow with the news that Theo Walcott will require surgery on his abdomen, ruling him out for at least a month.

Walcott pulled out of the squad to face Stoke on Sunday just minutes before kick-off with a “mysterious muscular abdominal injury”, with Arsene Wenger unable to confirm when he would be fit to return. But the Frenchman has now confirmed that the 24-year-old has suffered minor damage to his posterior abdominal wall, although he stresses it is not a hernia.
It has now been confirmed that Walcott will need surgery on his abdomen, ruling him out of England’s crucial World Cup qualifiers against Montenegro and Ukraine at Wembley next month. He is set to fly to Germany to have the minor procedure before beginning his rehab immediately.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...o-undergo-surgery-on-his-abdomen-8837035.html

Shanks D zoro guy ain't giving Wenger enough credit. Without him I don't know where Arsenal would be atm. Ozil has repeatedly said he joined because Wenger convinced him.

L1NETT

Wahey finally got Internet working at Uni. Hope you all been good.Haven't had anytime for GTA, just been sitting there.

Haven't seen any footy either, nice to see Liverpool still being Liverpool though.

Shanks D zoro guy ain't giving Wenger enough credit. Without him I don't know where Arsenal would be atm. Ozil has repeatedly said he joined because Wenger convinced him.

We might of had a couple of titles in the bag the last few years and a few FA Cups.

I was so sad when Ancelotti was saying that he wanted another job in London before he took PSG and everyone knew who he meant. We might now be champions of Europe.

I give Wenger credit for Ozil, but many people seem to thing Wenger was some great saviour and Arsenal were a scrub team of no hopers. i think the board and a lot of fans believe their is no life after Wenger and that is why he has been able to get away with so much, and has actually lessened our big club status because we are hostage to a single man.

rvy

Banned
Yesterday I was watching a Batistuta doc and some Roma vs Nazio matches from the early 00s and 90s. I miss that time in football.

Cunts and UEFAlona is all we have now.

Zabojnik

But moves like this (especially making it public) with hugely respected players like Pirlo are super dangerous for anyone but the very top clubs.

Yep. Although Conte did soften the blow quite a bit by saying that Pirlo did in fact nothing wrong, since it was not a "rule" we had until now, and that it was a decision they all reached together (he, the other managers, the players) in perfect harmony and with no drama whatsoever. He didn't exactly exonerate Pirlo and at the same didn't come across as a dictator, which I assume is how someone like Di Canio would've come across if he did the same.

They found Brescia's AWOL coach Marco Giampaolo.
KuGsj.gif

Haha, what happened to him???

Langerak - Durm, Sokratis, Hummels, Großkreutz - Bender, Sahin - Kuba, Mkhitaryan, Reus - Lewandowski

Let's do this!

Once again a home match in the Allianz Arena :D

Wilbur

Banned
I was so sad when Ancelotti was saying that he wanted another job in London before he took PSG and everyone knew who he meant. We might now be champions of Europe.

i cant stop laughing

You think Ancelotti could have won the CL with your 2011/12 squad? Jesus fucking christ hahahaha. Come on man.

Moyes is probably going to get an entire season, no matter how badly he does. Even if he misses CL qualification, I think due to SAF's influence they will let him stay. Which is too bad for United, you can now very clearly see the difference that SAF's godlike management made to the not-quite-worldclass players in the squad like Valencia etc.

i cant stop laughing

You think Ancelotti could have won the CL with your 2011/12 squad? Jesus fucking christ hahahaha. Come on man.

it is why I said might.:D

And sorry I was meant to put a little :p at the end of the sentence.

But in all seriousness, he would have had a better chance in getting a result for the Barca return leg. But I doubt even Carlo could have.

arkon

Moyes is probably going to get an entire season, no matter how badly he does. Even if he misses CL qualification, I think due to SAF's influence they will let him stay. Which is too bad for United, you can now very clearly see the difference that SAF's godlike management made to the not-quite-worldclass players in the squad like Valencia etc.

Valencia was shit last season too.

that would be a very tough call for the higher ups to make. If he misses out on CL qualification with the team that won the league, he would have nowhere to hide. Finishing 4th and progressing out of this CL group must be the bare minimums.

edit: Which I am sure he will do
or rather Giggs and SAF in the background

omgkitty

I'm looking forward to the day Wenger leaves. Hopefully he takes Gazidis with him.

I agree about Gazidis leaving, but anyone who thinks Arsenal will be better off when Wenger leaves is wrong. Also, who criticizes a manager when his team is sitting at the top of the table?

Salvadora

Wenger does adapt his tactics regularly.

You can see this recently especially as we've transitioned from more of a possessional team to a counter attacking one. The players are or at least have been the problem, not Wenger.

You're breaking my heart Shanks :(

many people seem to thing Wenger was some great saviour and Arsenal were a scrub team of no hopers.

Because it's true. You guys had good players obviously, but not good enough to win the title. You can place blame on Wenger for not bringing in the best players (could be his fault or the board), but you are unfairly putting blame on him when it comes to getting the best out of that squad.

Sorry, but they weren't good enough.

Clegg

Moyes is on a 6 year contract.

He'll get at least 3 seasons.

You can see this recently especially as we've transitioned from more of a possessional team to a counter attacking one. The players are or at least have been the problem, not Wenger.

I just feel he changed his philosophy for a few months to squeak 4th, but has not really changed much for the last 5-6 years. Regardless of how the opponent players he just sticks to the same team. It is why Fergie could always stick 5 in midfield and destroy us.

Sorry for breaking your heart.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/24/dennis-bergkamp-teletext-arsenal-joy?CMP=twt_gu

I hope this cheers you up

purs was mentioned, and that had been Hoddle's team, but even then I considered Arsenal to be a bit above Spurs. I'm not sure why.

We get the BBC in Holland so I know about Ceefax. I call up Page 301 and I'm shocked. The first two lines are in huge letters: "BERGKAMP JOINS ARSENAL." For the first time it hits me: "Woah! What's going on here?" I'm in this big country. I'm in London. I'm in this huge strange city where they drive on the left and … I'm on teletext. Me! They must rate me here, they still expect me to be like Van Basten or Gullit. I don't think of myself like that. Quickly, I go to Page 302, the football page, and there it is in more detail: "DUTCH STRIKER GOES FOR £7.5 MILLION." It was the first time it really hit what people expected of me. I looked at Henrita: "This is amazing! I have to step up."

I might have to buy this book

omgkitty

For the people doubting Wenger, I can't find the quotes but it was said this summer that in past seasons since the move, we have no had the financial capabilities to compete with the bigger clubs on signings. I know it goes against everything that was said every summer, but it's the truth. There's also some good articles out there with comparisons on the amount of money spent on players and wages, and how a team performs, and we have overperformed every season since moving.

We have high wages, but we don't spend nearly the same as United, City and Chelsea do, and the last few seasons have spent less than Spurs, and yet we still get into the top 4. People ragging on him for the last 4 or 5 seasons needs to stop. He's been taking the brunt of the blame from the fans in order to make the club financially stable and profitable for the long haul. Now we have the money to spend and a great team. Let's see how all this plays out with the team and his contract first before shitting on his pedigree again. The footballing world is much different now than it was 10 years ago. Information is so easily available and it's harder to find good deals on great unknown players. I think we've done admirably for the amount of money we've spent.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Haha, what happened to him???

>
AWOL Brescia Coach Marco Giampaolo has contacted his family to say he’s alright after disappearing for three days.

The tactician had not turned up to training on Sunday, Monday or this morning, despite the fact Brescia play a Serie B game this evening.

“He told me not to worry, that everything was fine and he’s at his home by the sea in Giulianova,” his brother Federico Giampaolo told ANSA news agency.

“All I know about the situation is that Brescia turned down his resignation. He had his phone turned off and I couldn’t get hold of him.”

The disappearance occurred after a meeting with angry Brescia fans, who demanded an encounter with President Gino Corioni and the captain following a 2-1 home defeat to Crotone.

“What’s happening is illogical. We are just at the start of the season and I doubt results are to blame,” added Federico Giampaolo, who is a Coach at the Pescara youth academy.

Giampaolo’s assistants will take charge of the team for tonight’s game.
-
Batistuta x Rui Costa destroying the Serie A :(

rvy pls

Rosicky could be back for Swansea.

Happy days. Brightened me up a bit after hearing that Theo is going in for surgery.

How do you see our lineup???

I wonder if Wenger will go

giroud
ozil wilshere ramsey
flamini arteta

or

giroud
ozil wilsher gnarby
wilshere arteta

I personally hope for the later. I dont want to see Rambo stuck on the wing again.

Wilbur

Banned
I agree about Gazidis leaving, but anyone who thinks Arsenal will be better off when Wenger leaves is wrong. Also, who criticizes a manager when his team is sitting at the top of the table?

Arsenal have some of the most fickle fans in the league. Not saying they all are, and christ fucking knows United do, but a lot of them wanted Wenger out before he bought Ozil and now he's a god again

oh wait now some can't wait for him to leave

Fucking spoilt, mang

Salvadora

How do you see our lineup???

I wonder if Wenger will go

giroud
ozil wilshere ramsey
flamini arteta

or

giroud
ozil wilsher gnarby
wilshere arteta

I personally hope for the later. I dont want to see Rambo stuck on the wing again.
We may not have a choice with the injuries.

That is too many first teamers in your list, but you might not be too far off. Giroud especially needs a night off. It's just a shame so many of our young players are injured (like Zelalem).
Arsenal have some of the most fickle fans in the league. Not saying they all are, and christ fucking knows United do, but a lot of them wanted Wenger out before he bought Ozil and now he's a god again

Fucking spoilt, mang
We've been through this already, football is a fickle business.

Ed Woodward signs Ronnie next season and you'll be the first to line up and suck him off.

Dibbz

Fucking spoilt, mang

Some fans are mongs. Wenger is our most successful manager, managed to pull us through our toughest period after the stadium change whilst still getting CL spots and is still a massive pull to bring in top players. Anyone who has wanted him out are dumb as bricks.

I know he is going to wait until the end of the season to look at his contract but fuck me it would be a colossal fuck up if we lost him. Diaby also needs to get a new contract. Serious.

We may not have a choice with the injuries.

That is too many first teamers in your list, but you might not be too far off. Giroud especially needs a night off. It's just a shame so many of our young players are injured (like Zelalem).

We've been through this already, football is a fickle business.

Ed Woodward signs Ronnie next season and you'll be the first to line up and suck him off.

I would still shit on Woodward.

Just look at his name. That says it all. Woodward. You just know he's a cunt.

Barzul

Yeah he really does, he also seems to be developing a more defensive attitude especially in latter stages of the game. Also I've noticed a greater emphasis on set pieces we score a lot more than we did previously from them. I also think our injury crisis is forcing him to experiment more. Wilshere on the left has been working out great so far. OT: But it looks like Podolski might be back sooner than expected if he's ahead of Ox who Wenger says is a month and a half away then he might be back towards the end of October. And with Rosicky and Carzola both back by the Napoli game, our injury crisis seems to be looking up.

omgkitty

Some fans are mongs. Wenger is our most successful manager, managed to pull us through our toughest period after the stadium change whilst still getting CL spots and is still a massive pull to bring in top players. Anyone who has wanted him out are dumb as bricks.

I know he is going to wait until the end of the season to look at his contract but fuck me it would be a colossal fuck up if we lost him. Diaby also needs to get a new contract. Serious.

:\

If he was never hurt I would agree, but I just don't see it happening. I thought for sure he was going to get over his issues last season, but he got hurt again.

Top Bottom