• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

L1NETT

James Wilson may have a future at United. He's only 17 so it's probably too early to tell for sure though. But he has scored some excellent individual goals for the U18's in recent months.

Cheers, bit odd United haven't produced, or don't be seeming too, produce many good british players in recent years while other clubs have. Will look out for him, hope he doesn't turn into Ravel 2.0.

Good, because you clearly don't watch the two play. I don't care if you happen to live with season ticket holders. What does that have to do with your assessment of players?

I could get into a massive argument about this point right here, but I think for the sake of clogging up this thread I won't. Let's just say I trust people who go every single week to watch their team and know a good deal about football.

Hope you aren't actually cheesed off btw, sorry if I pissed you off, but opinions and all that :).

tri_willy

De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Buttner, Nani, Jones, Giggs, Kagawa, Rooney, Hernandez
Amos, Fabio, Anderson, Carrick, Zaha, Januzaj, Welbeck

Evil Kagawa will be happy then.

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 12m

Good evening Capitol one of cup. I Kagawa. Tonight I shall be play-a-making!

EDIT: beaten

Salvadora

I'm not surprised at all. They had a dreadful result at the weekend and they need to reassert themselves. I'm glad they're going for it because they stood no chance with their second string.

Yeah, me neither.

Momentum is big, a win against United would do wonders for the players. They haven't got European commitments to worry about either.

James Wilson may have a future at United. He's only 17 so it's probably too early to tell for sure though. But he has scored some excellent individual goals for the U18's in recent months.

Ben Pearson is another one.

Lingard has already been mentioned before, but I feel like he doesn't have the same potential Pearson, Ravel, and Wilson have.

Lightning

Banned
------------------------------------------Viviano---------------------------------------

-------------------------------Vermaelen Mertesacker--------------------
Bellerin/Jenkinson----------------------------------------------------Monreal

----------------------------------Flamini---------Arteta----------------------------

Miyaichi-------------------------------------------------------------------Gnabry
-----------------------------------Eisfeld/Olsson-----------------------------------

---------------------------------------Bendtner--------------------------------------

I reckon this will be out line-up tonight.

I just can't see where the goals are coming from though..
I would be okay with this team.

Couple of surprises there, but fairly predictable.
Predictable line up. But why did we bring Viviano and not test him out? My only disappointment.

Clegg

Cheers, bit odd United haven't produced, or don't be seeming too, produce many good british players in recent years while other clubs have. Will look out for him, hope he doesn't turn into Ravel 2.0.

There's Jesse Lingard too but I don't think he'll make it at United. He's 20 and hasn't broken into the first team yet. He could always do a Cleverley and become a regular when he hits 22/23. Of course there's the argument that Clev isn't good enough to be in United's team either but let's not get into that. Lingard seems to be doing well at Championship level tho. 4 goals on your debut is nothing to be sniffed at.

kharma45

There's Jesse Lingard too but I don't think he'll make it at United. He's 20 and hasn't broken into the first team yet. He could always do a Cleverley and become a regular when he hits 22/23. Of course there's the argument that Clev isn't good enough to be in United's team either but let's not get into that. Lingard seems to be doing well at Championship level tho. 4 goals on your debut is nothing to be sniffed at.

Being 20 and not having broken into the team isn't exactly that bad a sign considering how poor we've been of late with blooding youth players.

Guess who's back

nmlWRPC.jpg

PowderedToast

imo sturridge needed resting, looked totally knackered on saturday

lucas and gerrard are BR's golden boys and they'll never not start or be subbed even if they have an absolute mare. i can see both having no legs at 60 mins, hopefully not tho. henderson deserves to start in the middle.

Mastadon

Banned
I think United might sneak it today because it's probably more important to them to win. Surprised our first choice team is playing though.

ShogunX

So nervous about the match. Got a bit of grub in the oven but I don't feel hungry.

Mate's coming to stop at mine, too, so he better get here quick. I need a pint.

Don't know how I'll feel seeing Suarez on the pitch again.

Me too. Looking at both sides we are better on paper but since when has that meant anything in cup competitions?

I'm going for a 1-2 for us - Hernandez - Sturridge, Gerrard (pen earned by Suarez).

Being 20 and not having broken into the team isn't exactly that bad a sign considering how poor we've been of late with blooding youth players.

He can definitely make it at United, but as a squad player. He's not special enough to become a starter. Wilson and Pearson seem special in the u18s. That can change though if they fail to impress in the u21s. As of right now though, it seems like they have the potential to do it.

I thought about fifa broken while reading this post and got confused. He's an all around better player than Fabio and Buttner tbh.

deroli

Asamoah in the Schalke squad?? Please pleeeease Darmstadt beat them. It doesn't matter how. You may play dirty, cheat or dive, as long as I see an unhappy Asamoah today.

jtb

Banned
He's injured, mentioned it on his twitter.

I see.

Captain Vermaelen will lead us straight to conceeding 2 goals in this game. Our defence is solid apart from that.

I would've preferred to see a second-choice player in for Mertesacker. But I guess we don't have any? I dunno how you feel about the cup, but personally, I think we shouldn't play first choice players in the league cup anytime before the semi-final.

also I'm not sure why Viviano isn't playing. We already know have a good idea of Fabianski's limitations, we're not going to get a much better chance to play Viviano w/o risk.

Barzul

Wenger doesn't want to win this. Our bench, Park Chu Young is on it ffs. Don't know if I should blame Wenger or not, on the one hand Capital One cup seems like a trophy we can win on the other this seems like the first season since 07-08 where we can actually have a good go at the league.

Lightning

Banned
I would've preferred to see a second-choice player in for Mertesacker. But I guess we don't have any? I dunno how you feel about the cup, but personally, I think we shouldn't play first choice players in the league cup anytime before the semi-final.

also I'm not sure why Viviano isn't playing. We already know have a good idea of Fabianski's limitations, we're not going to get a much better chance to play Viviano w/o risk.
I said something very similar a few days ago but not many agreed with me. League Cup cannot come before league points.

And yeah we don't have another CB so either Merte, Kos or Sagna needed to play. I guess Wenger thought Per was the better choice to try and compliment Vermaelen's poor positioning,

I want us to wn this game because with all the players we have to come back we should be able to field stronger teams in future games but it is what it is so if we lose less fixture congestion for us until Christmas. FA cup though we better be playing strong team to win the game.

just laid a bet on WBA.

Ozil FC's time is up.
How did Stoke work out for ya?

Mastadon

Banned
It's going to be difficult to watch Sassuolo bring Rafa and Napoli back down to earth, but now we've lulled Serie A into a false sense of security, it's time to strike.

Top Bottom