• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Meier

this seems like the first season since 07-08 where we can actually have a good go at the league.
I don't see it. The injuries will continue to mount and Arsenal's depth is minimal. A top 4 finish would be a realistic at best expectation.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wenger doesn't want to win this. Our bench, Park Chu Young is on it ffs. Don't know if I should blame Wenger or not, on the one hand Capital One cup seems like a trophy we can win on the other this seems like the first season since 07-08 where we can actually have a good go at the league.

Arsenal went out to Bradford last season. The players don't give a shit and neither does Wenger, not with these injuries. With a tough CL group there's no point playing a strong team here.

Into

Suarez looks miserable

Or is that just how he always looks? He looks like a guy who just lost a roll on a item in World of Warcraft after 6 hours of raiding

Mastadon

Banned
I don't see it. The injuries will continue to mount and Arsenal's depth is minimal. A top 4 finish would be a realistic at best expectation.

Yeah I agree with this. Arsenal seem to be in a much better place mentally and Ozil is obviously a wonderful addition, but I think Arsenal are a year off at least.

Into

Giggs.gif

Lightning

Banned
Wenger doesn't want to win this. Our bench, Park Chu Young is on it ffs. Don't know if I should blame Wenger or not, on the one hand Capital One cup seems like a trophy we can win on the other this seems like the first season since 07-08 where we can actually have a good go at the league.
How can you blame Wenger? When would you rest our players? We have Swansea, Napoli and West Brom in the league coming up in the next 9-10 days and against Stoke our players were tired.

You can't compete in 4 competitions playing the same 11 players. Since the start of the season our lineup has only changed to accomodate injuries so these players need a rest.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
3 at the back for Liverpool. Jones/Giggs CM for United.

dis gun be gud

Barzul

We have Walcott, Carzola and Rosicky all fit by the end of the next international break and we have Podolski back by the end of October and our first big game isn't till Nov. 2 against Liverpool in the league. We are in a pretty good position if you ask me.

Barzul

How can you blame Wenger? When would you rest our players? We have Swansea, Napoli and West Brom in the league coming up in the next 9-10 days and against Stoke our players were tired.

You can't compete in 4 competitions playing the same 11 players. Since the start of the season our lineup has only changed to accomodate injuries so these players need a rest.
Can't really blame him. Given the options, I'd sacrifice the league cup too.

jtb

Banned
I wouldn't call it "sacrificing" the cup; we've always played younger players in the cup. Especially in the early rounds (just about all the other teams, minus Utd/Liverpool are playing weaker teams too). And they usually get the job done. This team is capable of winning tonight, and has a much better chance of winning than a first choice team that doesn't give a shit would.

Barzul

I wouldn't call it "sacrificing" the cup; we've always played younger players in the cup. Especially in the early rounds (just about all the other teams, minus Utd/Liverpool are playing weaker teams too). And they usually get the job done. This team is capable of winning tonight, and has a much better chance of winning than a first choice team that doesn't give a shit would.
I'm more worried about our bench tbh.

Lightning

Banned
Can't really blame him. Given the options, I'd sacrifice the league cup too.
We're not sacrificing nothing, These players can beat West Brom. We might not win but we have a chance with the players on the field, there is a bit of talent in our team.

Open game. Lets go gooners!

Top Bottom