• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Don't worry, Arsenal-GAF will go back to demanding he be sacked next time you lose.
This isn't a fair representation of Arsenal-GAF.

Some wanted Wenger gone (like Shanks) and haven't changed their opinion. Some wanted him to stay and haven't changed on that either. Some, like myself, changed their opinion gradually over the summer due to turbulent events (which I've already spelled out to Wilbur). I think all are valid opinions to hold, but we'll go through this fickleness arguments another million times this season undoubtedly.

kharma45

I'm definitely going to try it.

Curious as in "curious if I have to get a new gpu on Friday".

If you could play BF3 you can play BF4.

I'm looking forward to the PC beta, gonna have to wait until it's opened up as I don't have access to the early thingy that some have.

Just got back from a trip to the radiography section of the hospital. The doctor suggested it, and apparently everything's fine, it's just really really swollen. And it still hurts. A lot.

Anyway, according to some reports, Milan is interested in Casillas, and it's possible to sign him in January. That would be great, Abbiati was good when he wanted to, but we should get another goalkeeper to fix Zapata's crap.

Edit: I'll be in the BF4 beta as well tomorrow. Which means that I'll download it, play it ten minutes, then forget about it when Milan starts his match vs Ajax and never ever launch it again.

jordisok

no no no no.

Seriously this guy is to blame for the trophy drout. he fucked our squad and alienated key players in the dressing room. he had a philosophy of how he wanted to build a team and stubbornly stuck to it and then years later he decided to change his philosophy. he refused to spend money WHEN WE HAVE HAD LOADS OF MONEY FOR YEARS and people say he has done such a great job because he keeps getting us 4th.

errrr excuse me. If he was not such a complete tit we would have won something in the last 8 years.

I can not forgive him for what a complete embarrassment and joke he has made Arsenal the last 8 years.

Yeezus Christ this fucking post. Last time I checked Wenger didn't own Arsenal nor was he CEO. Nor has his philosophy changed.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kevin de Bruyne's Chelsea future has been thrown into question after the Belgium international was dropped from Jose Mourinho's first-team and told to train with the Under-21 squad.

lol

Mou really is a dick.

lol

Mou really is a dick.

Any other source than the daily mail on that? I know it's popular to believe them when it comes to anything Chelsea related, but lets wait and see.

He was out issuing a warning to De Bruyne a few weeks back though, hinting at him being lazy at training. If he is that and won't change then by all means throw him out.

Salvadora

BVaVeSNCAAEjlsr.jpg:large
Fuck, this picture is magical.

Any other source than the daily mail on that? I know it's popular to believe them when it comes to anything Chelsea related, but lets wait and see.

He was out issuing a warning to De Bruyne a few weeks back though, hinting at him being lazy at training. If he is that and won't change then by all means throw him out.

I assume he's lazy at training in the same way that Mata is.

GorillaJu

The BB final was indeed great. The whole last season was a huge transformation for the show from its humble, experimental beginnings. Glad to have been along for the ride.

GorillaJu

Just catching up on MOTD now. "We have the top four all in action...

... and Manchester United"

:lol holy shit I love how biting English pundits can be.

Clegg

Ed Wood in July

"We haven't got money burning a hole in our pocket but we have got a strategy on player purchases and if David wants to go after a stellar player he can do that."

Lying prick.

Our end of year accounts were published last week and they showed we have £94m cash in the bank. Spend it.

Salvadora

This is how many points we've amassed in this calendar year:
pfYgoEs.png

God I'm so tempted to say that this is our year but I know what will probably be coming :/

GorillaJu

Holy shit, I watched Villa v City instead of United v WBA but I missed a real cracker. Both teams had loads of chances.

What's up with Evra? Is Moyes just building a meritocracy and playing Buttner to reward him for participation in the victory over Liverpool? Because he is absolute dogshit defensively. Cleverley is practically in the LB position due to how much covering he's doing for the Butt.

Great game though. Moyes needs to just play the exact team Ferguson played and make minor changes.

Sessegnon was amazing. When he's on fire, he's in the top 5 creative players in the PL. Berahino, what a kid. After his traumatic upbringing I hope he's got lots of great moments ahead of him as a footballer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
pfYgoEs.png

God I'm so tempted to say that this is our year but I know what will probably be coming :/

The London sides have really stepped it up recently, I love how competitive it is now. Liverpool are looking like they can have a go as well, every weekend is getting really exciting with so many potential challengers.

Manager

pfYgoEs.png

Looking at that, most of the points Utd and City lost compared to Arsenal is from this season. I guess Arsenal just managed to keep up with Utd and City last spring, thought they actually did better than those two.

Plasma

Banned
pfYgoEs.png

I'm trying not to get my hopes up because it will just hurt more if we don't win anything.

I still think we could use a few more players to improve the depth of the squad before we're really considered real contenders.

Feorax

Arsenal will dip, just like every team does. It's all going to be about how they respond to a couple of bad games in a row which will determine how far they can go this season.

It's looking promising at the moment though tbf.

pfYgoEs.png

You know what is coming? "It's too early" don't jinx Arsenal.

Look at how depressing United fans are each year. This is how you win trophies, underestimate your club. Srsly.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Uli Hoeness "We have a completely different opinion than Zlatan Ibrahimovic. We are very satisfied with Pep Guardiola.

"Ibrahimovic is a bitter prima donna if you ask me. He has never really gotten over his Barcelona exit.

"No team has ever been happy with him. He always brings problems with him."

p5rqP.gif

sohois

pfYgoEs.png

Statistically this doesn't really tell us much at all; I certainly wouldn't draw even minor conclusions from such a table.

Yeezus Christ this fucking post. Last time I checked Wenger didn't own Arsenal nor was he CEO. Nor has his philosophy changed.

His philisophy was to build a kids but he finally gave up after the 8-2. Thus wenger failed with his philosoohy of winning with a young team that he could groom. That experiment was a complete and utter failure.

The board have been open to soending for some time. Wenger has felt he did not need the money.

Ozil is a prime example of what a mess Wenger has become. He had always wanted Ozil but was not willing to spend the money when we was at Schalke and Werder. Finally Wenger realised he was going to have a mutiny on his hands so he finally gets Ozil at 30million more than what he could have 4 years ago.

And everyone says whay a great buy.

Messi

Why do I feel Gravity is gonna be Castaway in Space....

People keep saying it's excellent but I dunno if I wanna watch Sandra Bullock cry and talk to herself the entire movie.

Anyone seen Rush? That and Prisoners are my next 2 movies.

I seen rush. I really liked it a lot .

Salvadora

Results taken out of context of the season they're in is utterly pointless.

It's great 'this is our season' bait though.

We're sitting here at the top of the table and I've just got a cheque for hundreds of pounds from the taxman, so fuck it, it is never getting better than this:

Arsenal are going to win a trophy this season and finish in the top four, season long avatar bet. Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom