• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Conte, Klopp, AVB would have all done a good job.
Mancini, Jose, maybe Pep

Answer me this.

Do you think Wenger did a better job than what SAF could have done????

Conte and Pep would never have come. AVB, Mancini and Jose all better than Wenger? Jose is 3 years maximum, and lol at the other two plonkers. You really want stodgy dull Italian football that Mancini would have brought?

Klopp maybe, but Wenger considering the influx and expansion of these fake clubs did pretty damn well in my book to get supposedly the worst Arsenal squad for a while to fourth.

At the bolded, what a benign point. So Wenger isn't as good as the best manager there has ever been. So what? Next.

Is it really that good?

I desicover bands through Last Fm, blogs and sometimes by sheer luck.

It's really good if you're into discovering music. If you have a specific taste or hate listening to random music, which over the course of recommending it to people I've discovered many do hate listening to anything that is like a radio today, it will work with a US iTunes account. Doesn't matter where you are it seems.

I have been using it every day actually. I'm surprised my favorite radio station has been Katy Perry's. She's got a rather varied taste in music. I've listened to the stations more closely aligned with my musical taste (folk, indie, dream pop, etc.) but there's so much derivative junk in indie music that I prefer the more hand-picked quality of the "guest DJ" streams. Occasionally something awesome pops up like Youth Lagoon or Baths on the indie stations, but most of the stuff I'm not already aware of I haven't really liked. Some stuff has been down-right offensively mediocre, like Bass Drum of Death, who are like a shit version of Exploding Hearts, or this band who rip off Interpol, who rip off Joy Division.

The station I listen to the most is Katy Perry's as well, Pure Pop is really good too.

I've been listening to a lot of my old music recently and found it really tough to find new music, so this is exactly what I needed. The one time I tried listening to a custom station most of the music that came up were things I was already aware of, you can tap the i in the now playing screen and change the station from Hit songs only to Varied or or just put it on Discovery. The Muse channel went from a lot of MGMT and Snow Patrol to niche Radiohead songs.

jtb

Banned
Mancini is a shit manager, let's not even throw him into this conversation. Let alone ahead of Pep or Mourinho.

GorillaJu

It is a game to them. Those gangnam girls are all about the money. Best to go to Hongdae at 3am on a Monday morning. that is when the young uni party girls are out.

I just find Koreans have a huge number of 6-9/10. Both have their 10s, but after the 10s japan just jumps down to belows 5s. All the best looking women in Japan, were actually korean haha

Spent plenty of nights in Hongdae, but mostly stayed around Gangnam because that's where Club Mass was and it was like shooting fish in a barrel. There and Volume as well, which is in Itaewon. Lots of plastic beauties who want something on the side and I made myself available for them but every time I looked for a relationship it was poop. Total divas over there man. Their idea of a good boyfriend is one who carries their Goyard bag around for them and holds their hair while they puke out samggetang in the gutter.

Hongdae and Eiwa are alright but the best girls over there are the Japanese students who come over to study Korean. At least they don't go out in fleece track suits and a baseball cap :lol

Conte and Pep would never have come. AVB, Mancini and Jose all better than Wenger? Jose is 3 years maximum, and lol at the other two plonkers. You really want stodgy dull Italian football that Mancini would have brought?

Klopp maybe, but Wenger considering the influx and expansion of these fake clubs did pretty damn well in my book to get supposedly the worst Arsenal squad for a while to fourth.

At the bolded, what a benign point. So Wenger isn't as good as the best manager there has ever been. So what? Next.

That is the thing there are tons of managers out there. it is foolish for fans and a club to have grown so attached to one man and think all of our success is down to one man.

AVB is tactically when of the best managers out there. Mancini has won wherever he has gone, even without huge budgets like with Fiorentina and Lazio.

Jose also is better tactically and gets the most out of every team he works with.

I would not say that SAF is the best manager of all time. He is the greatest winner. he has an iron will and would have made that team win. he would not have made the foolish mistake of getting rid of all our veterans and building a team of youth. he knows you build up your teams with a mix of both.

I also think Pellegrini and Prandelli would arguably do a better job.

Of course we will never know what would have been, but dont act like Wenger is a god and that there are no options out there. Maybe we would have failed and finished 5th are first year, but who knows what would have happened after.

Remember, most Arsenal fans had not even heard of Wenger when he came to the club. In 12 years of managing before Arsneal all he had to show was one league title, two national cups and a super cup

Mancini is a shit manager, let's not even throw him into this conversation. Let alone ahead of Pep or Mourinho.

Please dont say he is a shit manager. He won with two teams that had no money in Fiorentina and Lazio, and Jose inherited his core Inter team.

The guy is a winner.

Peco

I want Shaz Totti:D Rossi. That front line would win the world cup. Totti is the perfect player to set up Shaz and Rossi. He also can do everything Balo can, but better.

I have said it a few times on here, but Shaz and Balo can not play together. balo is too selfish. He needs the ball at his feet and he either gets fouled and takes a free kick, or he shoots.

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/mimrrfhxokgtob2vmrk0kw/Show/Player-Focus-Mario-Balotelli-Milans-Super-Lone-Ranger

that article back it up.

El Shaa was physically dead when Balotelli joined us in january and so far he's basically only played against PSV where he scored a goal. I firmly believe that Allegri is too stupid and can't provide an adequate tactical solution not only for them but for the whole Milan team, so the outcome of them playing together for us has been pretty average. Prandelli is slightly better than Acciuga at this kind of tactical dilemmas, I hope he finds a way to get the best out of them and maybe with a striker like Pepito Rossi the job will be way more easy for him.
Totti is still great, but the only chance he has to play in Brazil is by winning the Scudetto and that's a pretty big task even for him.

Please dont say he is a shit manager. He won with two teams that had no money in Fiorentina and Lazio, and Jose inherited his core Inter team.

The guy is a winner.

Wenger is so superior to Mancini, its an insult to Arsene to even talk about the comparison

Sounds like Wenger is a Rafa fan as well, so he can come round mine for dinner any time

jtb

Banned

The guy is a winner.

He's a shit manager. Mourinho inherited his Inter team, then gutted it and proceeded to win the treble. And he didn't impress during his time at City.

El Shaa was physically dead when Balotelli joined us in january and so far he's basically only played against PSV where he scored a goal. I firmly believe that Allegri is too stupid and can't provide an adequate tactical solution not only for them but for the whole Milan team, so the outcome of them playing together for us has been pretty average. Prandelli is slightly better than Acciuga at this kind of tactical dilemmas, I hope he finds a way to get the best out of them and maybe with a striker like Pepito Rossi the job will be way more easy for him.
Totti is still great, but the only chance he has to play in Brazil is by winning the Scudetto and that's a pretty big task even for him.

Fuck Juve, change me to Roma(shocking that there are no Roma fans on this forum). he can do it. he has even turned Gervinho into a goal scoring machine.

Yeah Shaz was tired, but Balotelli holds the ball to long, so when Shaz was running into the box he was still waiting for fouls.

Shaz works too hard out on the wing. i remember in Barcelona he was constantly playing in defense because of the scrub LB. de sciglio needs to come back. When he and Shaz were on the left together they were much better and Shaz was not working as hard defensively.

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris
Mourinho walks out of press conference: "I don't like this tendency that you only ask about the players not selected"

He's a shit manager. Mourinho inherited his Inter team, then gutted it and proceeded to win the treble. And he didn't impress during his time at City.

Only Eto, Milito and Motta were different between the two teams. the rest were basically the same.

An FA cup and a league, boy you have some high standards. I think he did a decent job seeing he had a team that was built on money grabbing whores.

Peco

But really, the #10 in the Italian nt belongs only to Er Pupone: this motherfucker aged like good wine and discovered a new way to play after all the injuries and the bad Roma's management decisions.
He's the last italian legend in italian football, total respect for him.

faridmon

I don't know what sort of emotion I will have if Moyes get the sack. I do have have some love/hate feeling towards that man :(

All the best Davey.

L1NETT

Mourinho or Moyes to get sacked first?

Mourinho, but far too early to be even talking about this. If United had sense they would keep stability, no matter how hard Moyes transition is. Only chumps think that chopping and changing a manager after 6 months is a good idea.

Stability works.

---

Ugh Windows 8 is so guff Hitch :/

But really, the #10 in the Italian nt belongs only to Er Pupone: this motherfucker aged like good wine and discovered a new way to play after all the injuries and the bad Roma's management decisions.
He's the last italian legend in italian football, total respect for him.

I think he is the greatest player I have ever seen. Perez called him the one that got away, and had he gone to RM he would have won ballon d'ors and they would have won a couple of CLs already.

hachim1-e1355693846725-178x300.jpg

I cant wait to see him Hachim hit the big time, a worthy heir to Totti.

Tc91

Mourinho, but far too early to be even talking about this. If United had sense they would keep stability, no matter how hard Moyes transition is. Only chumps think that chopping and changing a manager after 6 months is a good idea.

Stability works.

Apparently the Glazers don't give a fuck about Tampa Bay coaches when they don't bring them success. But yeah probably this:

I think at the very least Moyes will get 2 years, regardless of how he performs.

Manager

Stability works.

---

Ugh Windows 8 is so guff Hitch :/

IDK what guff is, but Windows 8.1 is some neat stuff. Seems so much faster than Windows 7 too. With the new customization options with 8.1, I don't see any reason whatsoever to stay with Windows 7. I've been able to re-create everything that made W7 good, to me. There's also some real neat options everywhere, new Task Manager, better maintenance.

edit
May I add I've removed most stuff (without modding) that seemed better fit for touch devices

Empty

I think at the very least Moyes will get 2 years, regardless of how he performs.

yep. the club has put way too much stock in him being fergie's choice and talking up long term stability to not do this

well barring something crazy like him getting us relegated or having a racist meltdown

Manager

yep. the club has put way too much stock in him being fergie's choice and talking up long term stability to not do this

well barring something crazy like him getting us relegated or having a racist meltdown

Which people in the upper management would have the final say in a sacking?

IDK what guff is, but Windows 8.1 is some neat stuff. Seems so much faster than Windows 7 too. With the new customization options with 8.1, I don't see any reason whatsoever to stay with Windows 7. I've been able to re-create everything that made W7 good, to me. There's also some real neat options everywhere, new Task Manager, better maintenance.

edit
May I add I've removed most stuff that seemed better fit for touch devices

Guff is a fart
so he was calling it shit

I think he is the greatest player I have ever seen. Perez called him the one that got away, and had he gone to RM he would have won ballon d'ors and they would have won a couple of CLs already.

hachim1-e1355693846725-178x300.jpg

I cant wait to see him Hachim hit the big time, a worthy heir to Totti.

You have good taste.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mancini was so good at winning that he got sacked twice.

And sorry guys, but #10 is reserved for ZAZA!

or Gabbiadini, I don't know.

Outsanity

Neither Hazard or De Bruyne have travelled with Chelsea for the Champion's League game.

Might be a good break to see the front 4 without Hazard in it, he's been a sure pick since the start of the season but definitely hasn't performed. Schurrle, Mata and Willian incoming I guess?

Plasma

Banned
Gervinho sounds bitter, Wenger didn't give him enough playing time? Any other manager would have gotten rid of him after the first year.

El Shaa out for 3-4 weeks. Now I know that there'll be an international break soon (after Juve iirc) but WHAT THE HELL.
Matri's exceptional ability of being both on and off the pitch at the same time will come in handy. You'll hardly notice him!

Yeah, I noticed that.

What a player. Darts player, probably, definitely not football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom