• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
You fucking simps

Yurt you're the worst "u haev coloured my reaction on teh show the baby did it all along fuk u"

Man up sporks

MAN UP

Hi Wilbur,

I've Privately Messaged you a copy of the 'unacceptable word' list that was circulated earlier this year. It appears that you've failed to recall elements of the list, because 'man-up' appears on it due to the sexist connotations that it holds. Please ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks,
Brenton.

So am I. We win and we not only go a long way to qualifying but finishing top of the group which is very important. Napoli away is the last game of the group so we need all our points before that match.

I'm so hyped for it.

I think we'll win. It'll be a hard game though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You fucking simps

Yurt you're the worst "u haev coloured my reaction on teh show the baby did it all along fuk u"

Man up sporks

MAN UP

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ay m8 we were kidding

but seriously, don't you think going into Prisoners (for example) knowing that the ending is 'sad', 'happy' or 'open ended' pretty much ruins the whole thing?

Wilbur

Banned
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ay m8 we were kidding

but seriously, don't you think going into Prisoners (for example) knowing that the ending is 'sad', 'happy' or 'open ended' pretty much ruins the whole thing?

Haven't seen it, don't really give a shit lol. I spoil everything for myself if it's available. I still want to see the film, but I've already read the wiki on it. I spoiled the wire. Deadwood. The dark knight. Inglourious Basterds. Still loved them all.

Hell I even ruined BB up until S5A. it's just different because it's on live

Yurt please understand
Prisoners has wolverine and the prince of Persia in it
It is a happy ending from the beginning
Dream casting

Salvadora

You read the wiki?!?! Wilbur you are fucking mental
KuGsj.gif

How long is your lecture?

I got me a 9am lecture but it only lasts an hour.

Its only 50 minutes, but I actually spend as long walking there and back as I do "learning" all this shit I've already done in high school. It feels like a bit of a waste of time, but you just know as soon as I miss a lecture its something new haha.

A couple of mates invited me to a meeting tonight for a society that plans to hitchhike in groups of 3 from Scotland to Croatia in the Easter holidays, it sounds really fun but potentially really rapey. Don't think I'll be watching Hostel any time soon.

Linius

Haven't seen it, don't really give a shit lol. I spoil everything for myself if it's available. I still want to see the film, but I've already read the wiki on it. I spoiled the wire. Deadwood. The dark knight. Inglourious Basterds. Still loved them all.

Hell I even ruined BB up until S5A. it's just different because it's on live

Yurt please understand
Prisoners has wolverine and the prince of Persia in it
It is a happy ending from the beginning
Dream casting

You must be really crazy bro :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Eh, knowing how something plays out doesnt distill its impact at all for me. It's like when you go to see a film based on your favourite book or even simply rewatching a film, you know how everything plays out but it's all in the execution.

I read the Django script before that came out, was just great seeing it all put on screen. It would be cool if I didn't do that - and I really enjoyed watching BB without knowing what was coming - but it's still not a big deal to me.

Mastadon

Banned
Actually a few studies have shown that people who spoil themselves enjoy what they are watching or reading more than those who don't.

Journey, not destination bitches.

Linius

Eh, knowing how something plays out doesnt distill its impact at all for me. It's like when you go to see a film based on your favourite book or even simply rewatching a film, you know how everything plays out but it's all in the execution.

I read the Django script before that came out, was just great seeing it all put on screen. It would be cool if I didn't do that - and I really enjoyed watching BB without knowing what was coming - but it's still not a big deal to me.

Obviously I like stuff on a rewatch as well. Or book adaptions for that matter. Though book adaptions are usually the lesser versions of the book it self sadly.

But seeing a great film or series for the first time without knowing anything about it's plot is something special that can't be touched with a rewatch.

Wilbur

Banned
Dunno, I always enjoy films more on a rewatch; ones I truly love anyway. Something like TDKR which I thought was awesome at first I know think is just good.

But then every time I watch the shining, or the big lebowski, I come away noticing things I hadn't before, laughing at jokes I hadn't before, admiring shots and music cues I hadn't before despite knowing they're all coming. And everything I did notice before is only stronger when you can really take the time to notice them fully.

Spoilers have just never factored into my enjoyment of something, but I understand the majority feel different so I don't go around ruining things for everyone

Apart from the end of that Robert pattinson movie with 9/11, the ending is literally the only worthwhile part of the film

Chivalry is dead.

and women killed it.

Depends on what kind of woman innit.

You can't be picky, help the mother with her shopping bags and the babe with the door.

I always wanted to pork an Egyptian woman.

She was foreign, from the good parts of Europe.

My cousin been sending me pictures of girls he's been hooking up with in Egypt. Properly jealous.

Going there this winter, going to be fucking great. It's really tough finding anyone here when my Uni is separated.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Actually a few studies have shown that people who spoil themselves enjoy what they are watching or reading more than those who don't.

Journey, not destination bitches.

The journey, in the Prisoners at least, is not nearly as fun if you *know* the ending or where the story is going.

He killed the tension and pretty much ruined a few brilliant 'moments' too.

The Departed massive spoiler
It's like watching the movie knowing that Leo is going to die. What's the fucking point?

Wilbur

Banned
I have to admit I'm positively surprised at the Premier League this season, just as I'm disappointed at Bundesliga.

We all told you baby. Premier means best in English. Bundes means poor prize in English.

The journey, in the Prisoners at least, is not nearly as fun if you *know* the ending or where it's going.

He pretty much ruined a few brilliant 'moments' too.

The Departed massive spoiler
It's like watching the movie knowing that Leo is going to die. What's the fucking point?

Ah see I didn't know what was going to happen there just because I decided to watch it on a whim, think I was 14 or so, so I wasn't a big movie fan just yet.

Seen it 5 times or so now, love it more on rewatch. Because the movie is more than just that scene.

Twists don't even factor into my level of enjoyment when watching something. If it's utterly and entirely predictable, but executed as well as it can be, then it shouldn't lose points for being predictable.

Even before I read the prisoners wiki I guessed how it ended, was pretty much right. Doesn't matter lol

Wilbur

Banned
But it's a thriller, what's the point if you know how it ends?

THIS IS SO WEIRD

Because I can still appreciate how good the acting was, how good that line was, how good that music was.

It's like saying what's the point of rewatching it because it's a thriller haha. If it's a good movie then it's a good movie. Don't need to go in cold to see that.

massive Breaking Bad ending spoilers:

turns out Walt was actually one of the Lizard people. his cancer was the Lizard people god, Balsagoth, manifesting in him.

the reason why he does meth is to contaminate people with Balsagoth's cells, so they can slowly turn into Lizard people themselves. the mutation is not obvious at first, but they can spread Balsagoth's cells through body fluids, so it makes the transformation of the population easier and faster.

Jesse is actually from the Roman Empire era and he's been under the control of the Lizard people for hudreds of years and he's there to keep and eye on Walt, to make sure the ressurection of Balsagoth goes without issues.

in the end Walt wife, Skyler, gives birth to Balsagoth, which comes in the form of a 2 headed snake. Jesse sacrificies himself to feed Balsagoth, giving him energy to evolve quickly.

as the Lizard people born from Walt's meth congregate around Walt's home and the god Balsagoth rises to lead them on, Walt Jr transforms into an angel-like figure and slays Balsagoth and the Lizard people.
turns out Walt Jr was the host to an elder god called Reinxeed, mortal enemy to Balsagoth. he took over Walt Jr mind, a process that gave Jr cerebral palsy due to the stress put on his mind, and waited for Walt to complete the ressurection to strike.

with Balsagoth and the Lizard people gone, Reinxeed leaves the planet into his own dimension, his work done. the final shot reveal little kids playing the streets. one of them turns into the camera and BAM, he got Lizard eyes.

the end.

what a finale.

I used to really like good films but I can't be bothered now. I mainly watch the shopping channels, God TV, public access and whatever soap or movie is playing on the African channels.

My thoughts from some of the games i watched.

Serge Gnabry delivered on his preseason form and looks a lot more comfortable at this age then Theo .

Wenger seemed to make a change at half time to make Sagna play wider and get forward more, which subsequently allowed Gnabry to not have to play as a fullback anymore but a true winger and led to the goal.

Wilshere has yet to stamp his authority on any game this season. While his form is not worrying it is not the start I was expecting. He has really been overshadowed by Ramsey and it might have rattled Wilshere a bit. Since his return from injury he had been the man man for club and country, always coming to the rescue and now someone else is doing it and I think mentally it must be hard for him not to be the saviour.

Giroud is really a poor finisher when he has any sort of time to think about his shot.

Arsenal should have signed Lloris, arguably the best keeper in the league and another great performance.

If Mata does not start for Chelsea in the next game then it is clearly personal. He even made Torres come to life.

Moyes is just shocking. I don't think I have ever seen a manager look like he has lost the confidence of a team so early. It might have been one of the worse defensive jobs I have ever seen from them. They were all over the place defensively and they were lucky it was not a rout.

Clarke is a really good manager with a decent team, I would not be surprised if they make a good run in the FA Cup and get to at least the semis.

Worst Milan team I have ever seen(born in 87), and I am guessing the worse since the early 80 horror years. This team is just full of scrubs. The only two superstar players are El Shaz and Mario(yes i am excluding Kaka), and El Shaz is incompatible with Mario. There only decent defender is out injured and the midfield always looks confused.
Still I would love Allegri at Arsenal:D

The Madrid Derby, I really don't care for Spanish football. I just found it such a meh game. But boy DS is doing a good job. The Argentine Conte and I would not be surprised if they win the league. It really is what Spanish football needs.

Juve are lacking intensity at the moment. Not getting Veratti looks such a bad decision right now. Nobody in midfield took control of the game, it was just three box to box midfielders in there. However, it truly is the sign of champion that they have only really been playing at about 6/10 so far this season and have only dropped 2 points in a draw.

Roma could be quite special this year. A solid team with a quality coach who has turned them into a solid defensive team. No more of the big leads followed by defeats. I think it is them and Inter next week which will indicate if they are for real or not.

After the latest round of games if I were to predict the tables at the end of the season I would go

1. Arsenal 2. Man City 3. Chelsea 4. Spurs 5. Liverpool 6. United
1. Juve 2. Roma(better defensively IMO than Napoli) 3. Napoli 4. Inter 5 Fiorentina. Milan god knows where.
1, Athletico 2. Barca(Messi injuries will be a recurring theme this year) 3. RM

Anyway just some random dribble by me.

Its only 50 minutes, but I actually spend as long walking there and back as I do "learning" all this shit I've already done in high school. It feels like a bit of a waste of time, but you just know as soon as I miss a lecture its something new haha.

A couple of mates invited me to a meeting tonight for a society that plans to hitchhike in groups of 3 from Scotland to Croatia in the Easter holidays, it sounds really fun but potentially really rapey. Don't think I'll be watching Hostel any time soon.

Always. Every lecture I miss they start a new chapter, the exam time is pinned, he announces there's no class next week. Student's life innit.

I take half an hour to get there and another half to home. For an hour class. Pulga takes 3 months for an hour class, so it's not all bad.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't even know if I have any Nigerian friends

AM I RACIST

I have Kenyan, Ghanaian, Somalian, South African, Ugandan and Moroccan

is this ok

I don't even know if I have any Nigerian friends

AM I RACIST

I have Kenyan, Ghanaian, Somalian, South African, Ugandan and Moroccan

is this ok

Depends if you dont have any Nigerian friends on purpose, and all your Africans friends are just there so you can say in threads "I have Ugandan friends" ;p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Do you rewatch movies, Yurt?
Oh I see where this is going

Of course I do. But there's NOTHING like the first watch in these types of movies.

You seem to enjoy rewatching more than watching. So you turn all your watching into rewatching before even watching them. /Xzibit

Wilbur

Banned
Oh I see where this is going

Of course I do. But there's NOTHING like the first watch in these types of movies.

You seem to enjoy rewatching more than watching. So you turn all your watching into rewatching before even watching them. /Xzibit

Do you still enjoy watching Juventus even though the obvious destination is a title win

Do you still enjoy watching Arsenal knowing that it will only end in tears of laughter

Do you still enjoy reading this thread at night safe in the knowledge that someone will mention their penis

There is great joy in boundless knowledge, Yurt Angle

justjohn

All this focus on mata and everyone seems to have forgotten that hazard's form has been pretty dire this season. I was really hoping this was the season he would emerge as the best player in the league but he seems to be completely anonymous.

I know mourinho's tactics are partly to be blame but he needs to pick up.

i watch the same dozen of movies over and over.

Predator, Robocop, Terminator, Police Story...

new movies i watch once and i'm done. sometimes i don't even watch till the end, like Avatar or King Kong. i just tune out.

i do have a "channel" that "broadcasts" HD movies, new and old, so i get my fix there.

I regularly rewatch my favourite films, just to solidify my love for them even more.

Anyone going to buy the BB Blu-Ray boxset? Would be nice to see all the extras and have physical copies of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom